Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I think what this poster means is that there's no option to only book one check in bag when two people made a booking together. I've seen something similar posted before. You can either book 2 check in bags, or none.

It can be done. On bookings made recently (IE - ES) I have one checked in bag outbound for two pax with Aer Lingus and same on inbound with Ryanair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

We’ve had the same problem with booking one priority bag, so did 2 separate bookings. We were questioned at the gate as we boarded together. I think that they were hoping for a €25 victim!
    I always book separate bookings for each person for each leg. It gives the most flexibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

How strict are Ryanair’s carry on policies now? Going to Glasgow on Thursday and haven’t gone for priority but my rucksack is maybe 5-10cm wider than it should be. It’s ok for the other two dimensions (max allowed 40 x 25 x 20 cm).
    Will I get away with it?

How strict are Ryanair’s carry on policies now? Going to Glasgow on Thursday and haven’t gone for priority but my rucksack is maybe 5-10cm wider than it should be. It’s ok for the other two dimensions (max allowed 40 x 25 x 20 cm).
    Will I get away with it?

As long as it fits under the seat in front of you it’s ok. They don’t measure them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 troken

Hi

Did anyone traveled with 2 parts pram and car seat with Ryanair at Dublin Airport?

I'm traveling alone with 4 months baby and I'm curious if there is a way to leave pram in baggage area when traveling with infant? Ryanair on their website says that they allow 2 pieces of baby equipment for free. Does full baby pram and separate car seat will count as 2 parts? Any experiences or information will be helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ashdublinc13

Hi

Did you try contact them on live chat? They are usually very helpful. The car seat will be one piece and the pram the second piece of baby equipment.

Will you be checking the pram at the gate or the plane?

To check in the car seat, you will need to go to the kiosks at the Ryanair check in area, call a Ryanair staff member over and they will get you a tag. You then drop off the car seat at oversize/ special luggage at the escalators going up to the restaurants before you go through security.

You can check in the pram the same as the car seat or you can check the pram at the plane. Depending on the airport you will be flying to, the pram will be available at the plane doors or on the baggage belt (sometimes the pram will be on oversize belt , different belt than where your case or bags will be)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 troken

Thank you so much for very comprehensive response. I have tried live chat but I was linked to official infant faq which is very general. Once again thank you so much for sharing this valuable information.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ashdublinc13

Thanks not very helpful from live chat! If you have any other questions, I'll try answer them. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You’ll be grand they do not check, wheel it up to the plane and they’ll throw it underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Hey we had a pram where there was the frame and then the car seat came off, so 2 parts but I would also agree with the above as long as it folds up neat they don't really mind, very smooth checking it in to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Im going to London, LHR for the day next saturday to see an elderly relative. He rang me today and asked me would i bring some rashers, sausages and brown bread with me when im going. Just wondering are these all ok for hand baggage with EI going from Dublin?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Still currently inside the EU so it’s no problem at all. Not like taking food products into the US or Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I would have just assumed there wouldnt be a problem, but a month ago i was flying to Vienna and the guy sitting beside me was living out there, and was bringing 4 lbs of Kerrygold back with him, in hand baggage and he said it was taken off him by security in Dublin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anything paste-like or spreadable is a no.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Well I brought quite a few Portuguese custard tarts back in my hand luggage last time I was in Lisbon without any problems...guess it depends on how strict the security are on any given day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm flying Ryanair tomorrow to Spain with just a hand luggage bag.

Anyone know will they be ok with me carrying a camera around my neck? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I almost always travel Ryanair to London with one small backpack which I bring on board without a problem.

How are they about stuff you might buy in the shops air-side?

I will have an A3 sized flat box gift wrapped. Will I be able to bring this on board along with my backpack? It would sit on top of the backpack, under the seat in front of me.

Thanks.

D.

Dinarius wrote: »
    I almost always travel Ryanair to London with one small backpack which I bring on board without a problem.

How are they about stuff you might buy in the shops air-side?

I will have an A3 sized flat box gift wrapped. Will I be able to bring this on board along with my backpack? It would sit on top of the backpack, under the seat in front of me.

Thanks.

D.

They’re ok as long as it’ll fit under seat.

“Non-priority

All passengers are entitled to bring 1 small personal bag on board which must fit under the seat in front of you (40cm x 20cm x 25cm). Examples include, handbag, laptop bag and small backpack.

Duty free bags are also permitted in the cabin along with your cabin baggage”

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/baggage/bag-policy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Think i might have asked before, but im going away and only bringing my personal bag and the 10kg onboard cabin luggage, is it fine to bring a hair straightener in it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

I'm travelling with Cityjet/AerLingus next week is the carry on allowance the same as on the the bigger aircraft?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

tnegun wrote: »
    I'm travelling with Cityjet/AerLingus next week is the carry on allowance the same as on the the bigger aircraft?

Yes it is however due to very restricted cabin bag stowage, large bags are tagged at the gate and placed in the hold. I believe these bags are returned to you at the bottom of the steps as you disembark but double check with ground staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

tnegun wrote: »

If you don't want to have to surrender the bag at the gate, it needs to be smaller than the regular wheelie bag to fit into the smaller overhead bins ....

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/baggage-information/cabin-baggage/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Thanks guys I was thinking it might be limited. I will have the latop and CPAP machine and I usually travel with one cabin max bag that can fit everything but might split it into two smaller bags for this trip.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Last Christmas I flew with EI and the weight permitted for the bag was 23 kilos for Economy Plus. I've just tried to book a flight for the first week of June, and I noticed it's been decreased to 20 kilos. Does anyone know when this change was implemented, and/or if with the same fare/class I can book a larger bag for a surcharge, without having to pay for excess baggage at the airport?

EDIT: Never mind, I found the answer, thanks anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Concerned Irishman

Hi all,

We are traveling from Shannon to Orlando via Philadelphia soon.

I just checked AA’s cabin baggage limits and they are 55 x 36 x 23 cms.

We will have 5 cabin bags two of which will be 55 x 40 x 20 cms.

These are slightly larger than the limits.

Should I be worried or will they OK for the trip.?

What have others seen on their trips.?

Are cabin baggage rules enforced?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sexyirishnurse

After not traveling for many years I'm out of the loop with regards what you can take cabin bag wise on Ryanair without incurring a charge.
    My question is, Is it possible to take a cabin bag onboard 50x40x20 maximum 10kg to place overhead for FREE, on European Ryanair Flights? I know you can pay for these, but I'm being told conflicting information. Can you chance your arm bring your wheeled cabin bag onboard for free? PS My back is banjaksed. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

After not traveling for many years I'm out of the loop with regards what you can take cabin bag wise on Ryanair without incurring a charge.
    My question is, Is it possible to take a cabin bag onboard 50x40x20 maximum 10kg to place overhead for FREE, on European Ryanair Flights? I know you can pay for these, but I'm being told conflicting information. Can you chance your arm bring your wheeled cabin bag onboard for free? PS My back is banjaksed. Thanks!

40cm x 20cm x 25cm is allowed for free. Will it fit under seat, to have any chance you would need to be able to squash it up to fit under a seat.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/baggage/bag-policy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

All you can bring free on a Ryanair flight these days is a small bag that MUST fit under the seat.

If you want to bring the "normal" 10kg hand luggage (like a wheelie case) you either have to buy priority boarding which means you can bring it into the plane with you, or else pay for a check-in 10kg bag.

There seems to be no more chancing your arm with wheelie cases. On any flights I've been since those changes came in, they've been checking boarding passes very carefully.

Prices for these seem to vary - the latest flight I booked to Majorca was €9 for priority, and I think €10 for the check-in bag - it was less on a flight I booked earlier this year.

Advertisement