Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating Calculation help

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭gifted

scudo2 wrote: »
    Remember Jimmy the witch, plumbing store keeper in CIT ?
    PS. I'm talking 27 years ago. I spent more time in SR. HENRYS with him than in class.

Was he a biker dude with a ZZ top beard? Richard Crowley ( RIP) was the instructor I had ..sound man he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

esox28 wrote: »
    Athlone 2003...Charlie 's for a pint of soup.....im mean a pint with your soup I think, there was no talk of resession in them day's.

What was the lecturers name, the Dublin guy had a beard he was head buck cat when I was there, he was always looking for a lift home to Dublin on a Friday evening. Good guy though and great times.

Pat I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Pat I think

Ther e was another lecturer from Roscommon , Robert I think his name was , he used to try and get lads to do nixers with him in the evenings , he couldn't say cylinder correctly it used to bug the hell out of me ..... Clinder. :mad:

sullzz wrote: »
    Ther e was another lecturer from Roscommon , Robert I think his name was , he used to try and get lads to do nixers with him in the evenings , he couldn't say cylinder correctly it used to bug the hell out of me ..... Clinder. :mad:

Ye that's him

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Ye that's him

He's the only instructor i can remember from there , I don't know if its because its 10 years ago or the fact that the amount of beer consumed killed my brain cells ..... I wonder are any of the houses in willow park still standing.

• Advertisement

sullzz wrote: »
    He's the only instructor i can remember from there , I don't know if its because its 10 years ago or the fact that the amount of beer consumed killed my brain cells ..... I wonder are any of the houses in willow park still standing.

Drove by there a few months back. Very dreary looking place now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

gifted wrote: »
    Was he a biker dude with a ZZ top beard? Richard Crowley ( RIP) was the instructor I had ..sound man he was.

Jimmy was the biker dude. (RIP also I afraid) a good friend also.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Yea pat that's right, used to let us were our hoodie up in class, something about if we were insulated our necks and kept warm we would learn more. Loved telling the story bout his roof snow not melting before all his naighbours cause it was so well insulated.

Rob...the badger formally known as, sound guy seen him other day at the tullamore show.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

I'm I the only one here who got lost trying to get outa willow park the morning after the night before.

I'm I the only one here who got lost trying to get outa willow park the morning after the night before.

By god yer not

• Advertisement

Haha , I got lost going into the estate after a night out , had to park my car further down the road from the house earlier in the day as road was full of cars, came home from the session , couldn't remember where the house was , staggered up and down the road pressing the central locking button on the car keys trying to follow the flashing indicators , best nights sleep down there and it was in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 47 braka

equation.jpg

Can any explain this equation

Not an expert in any of this building energy calculations....but Equations interest me for Mathematical reasons.
    Have a look at :

http://www.cedengineering.com/upload/Heat%20Loss%20Calculations%20and%20Principles.pdf

also DD appear to be Degree Days.... see Met Eireann website

http://www.met.ie/climate/degree-day.asp

and also:

http://www.guntermannengineering.com/images/A%20Simplified%20Degree%20Day%20Method%20for%20Commercial%20and%20Industrial%20Buildings/scan.pdf

Hope these help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

braka wrote: »
    Not an expert in any of this building energy calculations....but Equations interest me for Mathematical reasons.
    Have a look at :

http://www.cedengineering.com/upload/Heat%20Loss%20Calculations%20and%20Principles.pdf

also DD appear to be Degree Days.... see Met Eireann website

http://www.met.ie/climate/degree-day.asp

and also:

http://www.guntermannengineering.com/images/A%20Simplified%20Degree%20Day%20Method%20for%20Commercial%20and%20Industrial%20Buildings/scan.pdf

Hope these help.
    Excellent, well done. That's a good explanation of DD @ average of 15.5C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

OK, so what I make from it is:
    E heating = Overall kw demand required
    Q heating = Overall collective heat loss of the building, as a U value
    T Ai = Inside air design air temperature (commercial given as 18C)
    T Ao = Outside air temperature (given as average outside temp, lowest + highest / 2)
    DD = 18C
    Correction Factors = 1 for full use or percentage of 1 for partial use
    N seasonal = Seasonal efficiency of the building (a separate calculation)

Well done Braka

Advertisement