Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

yomtea98 wrote: »
    The season ticket is only worth it if your team gets to the AI.Every other game there is no need for it as tickets are not a problem.I honestly didn't think at the start of the year we would get to the final so I didn't get one.Still went to every game. I will get it next year
    you also have guaranteed GOOD seats for any appearance at croke park, and after flying back for the hurling league final/ u21 football a couple of years back - a crap seat that you get from a club or other channel can ruin your appreciation of the game.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Rightwing wrote: »
    I'm saying not everyone from the clubs go to the games, far from it. So the clubs shouldn't get all the tickets.

The 2 counties should get say, 500 tickets for the general public and if you a match stub from a match then let those people queue for them.

But as you said yourself already you've given up on going to Dublin, so its not an issue for you then ;)
    The season ticket is only worth it if your team gets to the AI.Every other game there is no need for it as tickets are not a problem.I honestly didn't think at the start of the year we would get to the final so I didn't get one.Still went to every game. I will get it next year

Season ticket gets you all the league matches for free, it gets you the 1st round of the championship for free and it gets you every other championship match for a 5 off the full price. Regardless of whether you think you will make the AI latter stages or not, its well worth the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

sasol wrote: »
    Thats fair enough, but when you have 15k Clare people at a semi final and possibly 30k Clare people looking to go to a final, you have to put some sort of a system in place and I think that starts at the clubs.

There were a lot of the Clare crowd there yesterday that were nowhere to be seen earlier in the year. Against Wexford in Thurles, there was possibly only 2 or 3K from Clare.

Jumping on the bandwagon at the semi final stage does not automatically make you a die hard supporter.

I definitely agree with you. But shouldn't a supporter from Clare who went to these matches be in with a chance to get a ticket if they are not a member of a club. Because a lot of Clare people from clubs didn't go.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I definitely agree with you. But shouldn't a supporter from Clare who went to these matches be in with a chance to get a ticket if they are not a member of a club. Because a lot of Clare people from clubs didn't go.

I'm not a member of a club and neither are the 3 that go to the matches with me. We are all season ticket holders and have been for the last 4 years.

yop wrote: »
    But as you said yourself already you've given up on going to Dublin, so its not an issue for you then ;)

Season ticket gets you all the league matches for free, it gets you the 1st round of the championship for free and it gets you every other championship match for a 5 off the full price. Regardless of whether you think you will make the AI latter stages or not, its well worth the price.

Limerick are out so it's not an issue for me. If we were in a final, there are far bigger fans than me who deserve a ticket. I don't deserve one, I just went to our two matches in the GG.

• Advertisement

Limerick are out so it's not an issue for me. If we were in a final, there are far bigger fans than me who deserve a ticket. I don't deserve one, I just went to our two matches in the GG.

Least you went to the 2 games in the GG, plenty of people going to the semis as I have said haven't been to a match in their lives :)
    My point isn't in relation to the tickets or lack of them, which won't be a case this weekend, but it will turn into an Old Trafford replica of prawn sandwich eaters :D

Maybe I am just too sensitive ;)

yop wrote: »
    Least you went to the 2 games in the GG, plenty of people going to the semis as I have said haven't been to a match in their lives :)
    My point isn't in relation to the tickets or lack of them, which won't be a case this weekend, but it will turn into an Old Trafford replica of prawn sandwich eaters :D

Maybe I am just too sensitive ;)

But my point is, a lot of these prawn sandwich are from the clubs...and they think they've a right to go.

Someone like yourself def deserves the tickets.

How many will be at mayo v tyrone ?

But my point is, a lot of these prawn sandwich are from the clubs...and they think they've a right to go.

Someone like yourself def deserves the tickets.

How many will be at mayo v tyrone ?

Don't agree with that, but regardless.

Don't know to be honest. I can't see more that 50k. I know Tyrone are well supported and from what I can hear the hype (over) has taken hold here, so I can see a lot from Mayo. We are generally well supported anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,103 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The season ticket is worth it full stop
    All league games, first championship round, discounts on other games, club finals etc all for the price of 80 odd Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

People have had options for a long time. There's really no sympathy that you can get nowadays. You're either a member of a club or you can get the season ticket. I wasn't a member of a club this year and had obligations that stopped me from going to away League games so I split myself between football and hurling. If Galway had gotten to either final at senior this year I wouldn't really have a leg to stand on moaning about Final tickets and that's fair. So I definitely won't shed a tear for Clare fans who don't start going to matches till late in the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sasol

If tickets for the final come down to a choice between

A) The people who went to the semi, but for whom it was their first game all year (and there were quite a lot of those)

or

B) Paid up members of clubs who may / may not have been at semi

I would give it to B) because these are people who have a genuine interest, or paticipate in, the GAA.

A lot of the people who went yesterday were there for the day out, otherwise Clare would have had huge crowds in Thurles against Waterford and Galway and in Limerick against Cork and in Ennis against Laois.

There is no excuse for someone not to be a member of a club or not to buy a season ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

As others have said, you would have already saved money this year if you had bought a season ticket instead of paying your way into each match individually. You had six league matches (including the relegation final) so the total cost of paying in to each of those would have been roughly the same as the cost of the season ticket.

You would then have had free admittance to your first Munster Championship game and €5 discount on every match since. Therefore you have needlessly paid out an extra €40 or €50 and you're still not guaranteed a ticket for the final. With the season ticket, you would be sure of a ticket right in the centre of the Cusack Stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Myself and my wife went to all of Corks championship matches this year.
    Bought tickets for 3 of the 4 matches on Tickets.ie and had good seats.
    For the Munster final I bought terrace tickets in Supervalu .
    In hindsight I'd have been better off buying them through the club but I'm still hopeful of getting final tickets.
    As for getting tickets through the clubs for the final,from previous experience its who you know that counts and not what matches you go to .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Keep an eye on toutless.ie thery always seem to pop there..... 1st come 1st served

• Registered Users Posts: 38,063 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.thejournal.ie/who-gets-all-ireland-final-tickets-583653-Sep2012/

Im going up to support the Waterford minors on final day, i would love if they had a share ticket option in which i could part pay with a clare/cork fan and i would leave after the minor game and give my seat to the clare/cork fan. I knw it would cause chaos but half of the crowd dont go to the minor game anyway

PTH2009 wrote: »

Central council and former pesidents = 798. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

Don't have a season ticket so it doesn't apply to me but are you guaranteed an All Ireland final ticket if your county is represented in the minor and not the senior?

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The best way to do it is to implement the fan card system used in the premier league.

Every fan can buy one for a nominal fee (a tenner or something), and every match you purchase a ticket for is recorded against your account and adds a certain amount of points on. Maybe each Championship game gives you 5 points.

Then you'd have like:

"All Ireland Final tickets go on sale tomorrow to everyone with 50 points or more" and the surplus then goes to people with 40+ points and so on.

Of course there are complications due to each team not playing the same number of games each year, maybe you'd have to have a different level for each team, like Clare requiring 50 points on the card and Cork 40 or whatever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

deisedude wrote: »
    Don't have a season ticket so it doesn't apply to me but are you guaranteed an All Ireland final ticket if your county is represented in the minor and not the senior?
    Unfortunately not. However if you've been to 100% of games with your season ticket you go into a draw for the option to buy one.
    I have a suspicion that these fans of the minor finalists may get 'priority' in this draw. Myself and my dad both got a ticket to the football final last year when the Meath minors made the final after years of not getting one. Was delighted with that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

awec wrote: »
    The best way to do it is to implement the fan card system used in the premier league.

Every fan can buy one for a nominal fee (a tenner or something), and every match you purchase a ticket for is recorded against your account and adds a certain amount of points on. Maybe each Championship game gives you 5 points.
    but sure the season ticket is just that so no need for a parallel system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

adrian522 wrote: »
    If you go to all the matches why don't you have a season ticket? Much cheaper and no messing around looking for all ireland tickets.

because most of us did'nt hear any thing about them or know anything about them until half way through the championship , i have the ticket stubs and match day programes to prove i have been at all of clare's matches this year plus most of the league games and not a member of any club:eek: so things are not looking so good

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Tickets were gold dust in 95 and were hard to get in 97 but by 02 it was easier again to get tickets. Id be suprised if there are not a few tickets milling around on the day at face value. Being an all-Ireland final you take whatever view you get!

Tickets were gold dust in 95 and were hard to get in 97 but by 02 it was easier again to get tickets. Id be suprised if there are not a few tickets milling around on the day at face value. Being an all-Ireland final you take whatever view you get!

also with so many people abroad there should be, mabey if we played bad and scraped through by a point or even a dodgie hawk eye desicion :eek:, the demand might not be as big :rolleyes:!!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

I think the season ticket should be marketed better(eg in bold and flashing guaranteed ticket to all ireland etc) but im glad the tickets go via the clubs as its the best system(no system is perfect) to stop the touts getting there hands on them + making sure that the coaches/players/helpers get the tickets that their sacrifice deserves(after all the clubs are where the next county players come from)

I expect a large increase in season tickets next year with so many counties fancying their chances of making the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wicklowrunner

Our GAA Club are running a Prize Draw for Premium Tickets for both Hurling & Football Finals.

Check out:
    www.stpatrickswicklow.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

because most of us did'nt hear any thing about them or know anything about them until half way through the championship , i have the ticket stubs and match day programes to prove i have been at all of clare's matches this year plus most of the league games and not a member of any club:eek: so things are not looking so good

In fairness, the season ticket program has been operating for several years now. I don't mean to sound harsh, but surely it is up to match goers to keep themselves up to speed on the various ticketing options that the GAA and their county board make available to them? Isn't this is especially true of ticket packages that guarantee you a ticket to the All Ireland final if your county makes it that far. No one is going to do do for you? It's not hard, especially if you have internet access. Do agree that it should be marketed better. But seeing as its the GAA, what more do you expect? :rolleyes:

Having match stubs and match programs is no proof of going to games. Anyone can pick them up from the ground after a game.

if i cant get a ticket i would instead like as compensation to be brought back in time to about 3:45 yesterday and be made sit beside eamon cregen for the next 70 mins or that ......i am sure he would have enjoyed clare's win as much as i did.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mc_hammered

do people sell tickets here at face value? if so im looking for tickets for hurling final. any pms with tickets would be greatly appreciated.

I gather tickets will be making there way to clubs for distribution this week. Do people reckon many will turn up. I think my club gets normally less than 10 and hold a open raffle for members.

Go raibh maith agat

ProudDUB wrote: »
    In fairness, the season ticket program has been operating for several years now. I don't mean to sound harsh, but surely it is up to match goers to keep themselves up to speed on the various ticketing options that the GAA and their county board make available to them? Isn't this is especially true of ticket packages that guarantee you a ticket to the All Ireland final if your county makes it that far. No one is going to do do for you? It's not hard, especially if you have internet access. Do agree that it should be marketed better. But seeing as its the GAA, what more do you expect? :rolleyes:

Having match stubs and match programs is no proof of going to games. Anyone can pick them up from the ground after a game.

it was never a problem to get tickets over the last 6 or 7 for a number of reasons

1 clare is a county with a small enough population...demand would never as high as other counties like cork or dublin.
    2 we went through a pretty rough time of it in the last 4 or 5 years nearly relagated into the christie ring competion at one stage
    3 alot of fair wether fans jumped off the bandwagon .....now there back

most clare fans i talked to yesterday knew nothing about the season tickets infairness we had no reason to look for them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,103 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Central council and former pesidents = 798. :eek:

Which usually filter down to other people

Advertisement