Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Options
  • 19-08-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a ticket to the all ireland final along with everyone else from clare and I was wondering do any tickets go on general sale or is it all through the clubs ? Or did it sell out already even ?

Mod Note:
    All queries about tickets for the All Ireland hurling and football finals to be posted in this thread only. This includes posters wishing to buy/sell/swap tickets.
    A note to those selling: We take a dim view of touts here. If you wish to sell a ticket, do so at face value. Anyone attempting to sell a ticket to the game above face value will have their posts deleted and will be banned.
    If anyone receives a PM from someone offering tickets above face value, please report the PM.

Also, no contact details (phone numbers or emails) to be posted on thread. Arrange by PM only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

I'm looking for a ticket to the all ireland final along with everyone else from clare and I was wondering do any tickets go on general sale or is it all through the clubs ? Or did it sell out already even ?
    I checked the GAA site and there weren't any on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sasol

No tickets have gone on sale yet. But there will be none available on general sale. The tickets will be routed through the clubs, which is the fairest option in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

It says on GAA website all Ireland tickets through clubs and county board
    I was talking to our club secretary at 5.45 yesterday and put my name down for five :D
    No juvenile or concessions for AI either by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

eoins23456 wrote: »
    I checked the GAA site and there weren't any on sale?
    If you have had a season ticket and been to the majoirity of clare games your entilited to one through that.

sasol wrote: »
    No tickets have gone on sale yet. But there will be none available on general sale. The tickets will be routed through the clubs, which is the fairest option in my opinion.
    I wouldnt think it is in general.Yes some should go through the clubs but a lot poltics,i know from my own club,where tickets are often given to the wrong people,and die hards cant get tickets.

I believe that a small portion should go on general sale,but not online so sum one that wouldnt know a hurley from a tennis racket if it hit them in the face can just buy them easily.Any internet wizard with a credit card could buy them.No,No,No.
    Its an allireland final,the true fans must get them.

They should be on sale from cusack park and pairc u rinn.A date and time should be given,and those that want them badly enough,the geuine fans not the bandwagers,can and will queue for 12 or more hours to get two if they go on sale.

I remember as far back as 2005,before online and supervalu became the norm,for a munster final,tickets went on sale at 6pm in the eveining,stand tickets but the queues,were unreal,where the first people were there at 1 o clock in the morning the night before.

I was their,and done it many a time.Stayed all through the night,with many others,with a bag full of sandwiches,a bottle of seven up and a walkman.

By 8 o clock in the morning,it be like a match,thousands their with still ten hours before pearse murphy would come and open up and sell them at 6 that eveining.
    The typical cork county board would even be late,sum days be 6.30.

And all you got was two stand tickets.
    They were the days,as anyone in those queues,knew you were imd good company ,surrounded by die hard fans willing to wait for any length of time just for a Munster Final ticket.

I hope every geuine fan on both sides get a ticket,but not the glory hunters or bandwagon fans.They do not deserve even consideration for a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Gally05

Five ?? you'll be lucky !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the last 2 football all irelands were unreal for ticket demand and at the end of it anyone I knew who wanted a ticket that got one sorted by midday on the Sunday.

Sure I ended up with a spare myself for the Dublin Kerry All Ireland on the Sunday morning, and only after many phone calls could I find a taker for it seeing as literally my whole list of folks from Dublin and Kerry stuck for a ticket were sorted through one way or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Its all politics in the clubs. Gone to every match this year but wont get a ticket for the all Ireland.Why don't the people from Cork and Clare that went to the matches get first choice on tickets?It is much fairer and rewarded those who actually support the teams

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Its all politics in the clubs. Gone to every match this year but wont get a ticket for the all Ireland.Why don't the people from Cork and Clare that went to the matches get first choice on tickets?It is much fairer and rewarded those who actually support the teams

If you go to all the matches why don't you have a season ticket? Much cheaper and no messing around looking for all ireland tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't know how to implement a fairer policy for "true fans" than the season ticket. Those are the only supporters that you can believe are the real fans. They have proof. No offense to anybody who doesn't have the season ticket but the same argument comes every year and ye had advance knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

yomtea98 wrote: »

If you have gone to all the games this season then you should have got a GAA season ticket, this guarantees you a ticket for all games for your County in your chosen code (Football/Hurling), and as an added bonus it saves you money....

http://www.gaa.ie/seasonticket

adrian522 wrote: »
    If you go to all the matches why don't you have a season ticket? Much cheaper and no messing around looking for all ireland tickets.
    Nail on the head.Its unfortunate you only get one though.

I don't know how to implement a fairer policy for "true fans" than the season ticket. Those are the only supporters that you can believe are the real fans. They have proof. No offense to anybody who doesn't have the season ticket but the same argument comes every year and ye had advance knowledge.
    A portion of tickets on general sale in both counties.Those that want them badly enough will queue in advance in hail,rain or snow.

At least geuine fans have control of the situation,as they just make sure they queue early.Separates the hard core from the fair weather fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A portion of tickets on general sale in both counties.Those that want them badly enough will queue in advance in hail,rain or snow.

At least geuine fans have control of the situation,as they just make sure they queue early.Separates the hard core from the fair weather fans.

I think touts would get more tickets in that kind of a situation though. Who's to say sunshine fans won't get a rake of those tickets either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Clare haven't really been supported all year. Prob won't be too hard to get tickets.

I think touts would get more tickets in that kind of a situation though. Who's to say sunshine fans won't get a rake of those tickets either?

I woudnt think they qeue for 23 hrs etc to get one.No situation is foolproof but it does give the geuine fan a chance of more tickets,that he wnt get now,as the clubs in cork are all polticis.

I queued for 18 hours in 05 at pair u rinn for a munster final ticket with many others,on a thursday im sure.

Id wait longer for a final ticket if i had to.Many die hards would.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Exactly, all this BS about going to all the matches yet they either haven't got a season ticket or heard of one I find hard to believe.
    The amount of sunshine fks heading up to the match next Sunday is unreal. As I said to my sister in law yesterday, who has NEVER gone to a match, "what the fk do you know about Mayo football?" "I'm going because its a day out".

A DAY OUT!!!! :eek::eek: Sweet God above, anyone who has followed Mayo football for the last 40 yrs will know Mayo football don't do "days out", you get your head pulled down through your body catching each one of your ribs and then pull out through your bum!!! Then you just about avoid a heart attack and stroke all in one!!!!!!

Note: Sorry I sound a bit angry! :o

yop wrote: »
    Exactly, all this BS about going to all the matches yet they either haven't got a season ticket or heard of one I find hard to believe.
    The amount of sunshine fks heading up to the match next Sunday is unreal. As I said to my sister in law yesterday, who has NEVER gone to a match, "what the fk do you know about Mayo football?" "I'm going because its a day out".

A DAY OUT!!!! :eek::eek: Sweet God above, anyone who has followed Mayo football for the last 40 yrs will know Mayo football don't do "days out", you get your head pulled down through your body catching each one of your ribs and then pull out through your bum!!! Then you just about avoid a heart attack and stroke all in one!!!!!!

It's a semifinal,,,,where are all these die hards if semi finals can attract only 50,- 60,000?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Rightwing wrote: »
    It's a semifinal,,,,where are all these die hards if semi finals can attract only 50,- 60,000?

Die hards?? Do you think there would be 25-30k die hard fans in any county in Ireland?

Die hards?? Do you think there would be 25-30k die hard fans in any county in Ireland?

So your sister is as much a fan as most others. Clare brought around 15,000 to a semi yesterday. These are the people who deserve tickets for the final....not members of a club who don't go to games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I wouldn't mind anyone going to the match next Sunday for a "day out" as there'll be no problem getting tickets.

Now, getting tickets because "it's a day out" for the All Ireland Final is another story entirely!!!

So your sister is as much a fan as most others. Clare brought around 15,000 to a semi yesterday. These are the people who deserve tickets for the final....not members of a club who don't go to games.

Don't agree at all, she has never been a to game in here life? Why would they go to a league or Connacht championship game then when its in her own back yard, or go to the Dublin league semi final then this year.

Not sure what you mean those part of a club who don't go to games... what club?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,063 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hve the hard task of looking for tickets to the hurling final. The thing is my county are in the minor final.im not part of a gaa club or Hve a season ticket so it's going to be difficult.

It will be hard to pick up spares on the day in time for the minor game

Don't agree at all, she has never been a to game in here life? Why would they go to a league or Connacht championship game then when its in her own back yard, or go to the Dublin league semi final then this year.

Not sure what you mean those part of a club who don't go to games... what club?

Basically I think some tickets should be made available to the public. I don't buy this club stuff, that's where the genuine fans are etc. If they don't go to a semifinal,,,they don't deserve a ticket for the final.

Basically I think some tickets should be made available to the public. I don't buy this club stuff, that's where the genuine fans are etc. If they don't go to a semifinal,,,they don't deserve a ticket for the final.

Who says club members don't go to semis? Tickets get allocated to clubs and season ticket members, rightly so. These are the people who more than likely attend the games where the weather is cold and the football is slow. Also they either play with their clubs or work with them clubs.
    Thats the way it should be.

Who says club members don't go to semis? Tickets get allocated to clubs and season ticket members, rightly so. These are the people who more than likely attend the games where the weather is cold and the football is slow. Also they either play with their clubs or work with them clubs.
    Thats the way it should be.

Take the hurling, clare v galway, and cork v kk in the q/fs and the attendance is 34,000. 4 teams, and that's what they bring.
    Now, this looks to me like a low figure,,,,,where are the these from the clubs when they were needed.

Take the hurling, clare v galway, and cork v kk in the q/fs and the attendance is 34,000. 4 teams, and that's what they bring.
    Now, this looks to me like a low figure,,,,,where are the these from the clubs when they were needed.

Sorry don't want to sound pedantic, but I am not sure what you are saying here. Are you saying where are the clubs?

Sorry don't want to sound pedantic, but I am not sure what you are saying here. Are you saying where are the clubs?

I'm saying not everyone from the clubs go to the games, far from it. So the clubs shouldn't get all the tickets.

The 2 counties should get say, 500 tickets for the general public and if you a match stub from a match then let those people queue for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sasol

Thats fair enough, but when you have 15k Clare people at a semi final and possibly 30k Clare people looking to go to a final, you have to put some sort of a system in place and I think that starts at the clubs.

There were a lot of the Clare crowd there yesterday that were nowhere to be seen earlier in the year. Against Wexford in Thurles, there was possibly only 2 or 3K from Clare.

Jumping on the bandwagon at the semi final stage does not automatically make you a die hard supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

The season ticket is only worth it if your team gets to the AI.Every other game there is no need for it as tickets are not a problem.I honestly didn't think at the start of the year we would get to the final so I didn't get one.Still went to every game. I will get it next year

Advertisement