Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheat Day or Cheat Meal?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

thunderdan wrote: »
    Is the cheat meal like carb/calorie cycling? Keeps your metabolism from slowing down? And also keeps you from feeling like you are on a diet 24/7.

A cheat meal is a way to justify eating some junk / non health food

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    The problem is - I need to know if this is okay as I don't want to ruin my progress. Then again, if I didn't have a cheat day to look forward to I don't know how well I'd be able to eat/train the other 6 days - as it gets boring eating clean all the time!

Thanks.

The difference is always going to be with managing calories in/out. If you have "cheat meals/days," It means you would be expecting to take in more calories. Doing so, just makes more work for yourself in the long run as opposed to keeping your intake "clean." Or as Amazingemmet was loosely suggesting, manage your diet around some treats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Had a large pizza and a coke last night as a treat, felt like a king after it.

I also use a cheat meal as a kick start to the weeks training, I have to make sure I train hard enough to justify a cheat meal. I would lose the run of myself with a cheat day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Thanks guys.

I genuinely think a cheat day is insanity having read these comments. I'll stick with the cheat meal.

Seen as I've already tried the cheat day on Sunday as an experiment, I'll report back with the results as to whether I've gone up or down in bf/weight come next weekend.

For example, I've seen some people claim to be say 170lbs. Then they have a cheat day on the Sunday - back eating clean Monday-Saturday, however on the Wednesday they're 172lbs - then come next Sunday they're 168lbs, and the cycle repeats. That's what I wanted to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

I genuinely think a cheat day is insanity having read these comments. I'll stick with the cheat meal.

Seen as I've already tried the cheat day on Sunday as an experiment, I'll report back with the results as to whether I've gone up or down in bf/weight come next weekend.

For example, I've seen some people claim to be say 170lbs. Then they have a cheat day on the Sunday - back eating clean Monday-Saturday, however on the Wednesday they're 172lbs - then come next Sunday they're 168lbs, and the cycle repeats. That's what I wanted to see.

It can take a couple of dqys to get rid of the water retention afterwards considering most cheat meals will contain buckets of sodium .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I'm not sure what people count as cheat meals. A lot of people wouldn't drink beer as it's not exactly the best thing for losing weight etc but I'd have a few on a Saturday night. Provided I put the work in all week and went to the gym mon-fri. Not sure if that counts though.

Advertisement