Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat leaving cert students 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

Solid 3 months would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Irish mock oral on Saturday and I only found out today!
    Unprepared isn't even close! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Orals ruining my life! Did everyone get their leaving cert forms? Is there an actual reason why we have to pay €300?? It's quite steep..200 odd extra! Perhaps spurious knows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's a repeat fee. I'm not sure what the thinking is behind it - maybe to stop people making frivolous entries?
    I did Art myself there in the Leaving a few years ago, having first sat the Leaving in 1984 and I got charged the repeat fee too. Kind of mad really. It costs them no more to run the exam having me in the room with the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

Basically can't cope with going into school anymore. By this stage its just so depressing and you just feel like the odd one out..with orals coming up the end of the month was thinking of just not going in anymore once theyre done with..opinions? Like i know its only 3 months now but i want to get the most out of them..woe is me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

kev44 wrote: »
    Basically can't cope with going into school anymore. By this stage its just so depressing and you just feel like the odd one out..with orals coming up the end of the month was thinking of just not going in anymore once theyre done with..opinions? Like i know its only 3 months now but i want to get the most out of them..woe is me

I'm the same. Some days I actually think I might die of boredom. The only reason I have for going to school is to get help with the geography field study. When that is done I have no orals this year, leaving me no reason to be in school anymore to be honest. :/

It's very lonely at home though. Sometimes it got a bit counter productive last year. However I am bored out of my tree, and cannot wait to leave the school, even if The Leaving Cert is looming.

Can't believe we are here already, only 90 or so days left. Proud of us :cool:

I kind of get this weird guilty feeling when I stay at home to study instead of going in. Like I'm letting someone down or something even though my absence would hardly be noticed.

oncex wrote: »
    It's very lonely at home though. Sometimes it got a bit counter productive last year. However I am bored out of my tree, and cannot wait to leave the school, even if The Leaving Cert is looming.

Can't believe we are here already, only 90 or so days left. Proud of us :cool:

I know i feel proud as well! Like to think wr actually made it through this and i have this feeling that after this ill be like "If I can repeat the god damn lc i can do anything" haha

How did the mocks go?

I got enough points for occupational therapy. In fact, I got more than enough :( I know this should make me happy but i was hoping to get what I got in my Leaving Cert to make me work harder.

I don't want to go down and I'm afraid I won't do as well in June :(

• Advertisement

I need to come up from last years LC by 100 this year and I'm up 60 in the mocks so I'm feeling hopeful that 550 is actually possible :D

So how is everyone finding school these days? I'm finding motivation to go in hard to come by these days. I have no orals this year and am writing up the geography field study so when that's done I feel I will have no reason anymore. I know they say that you can pick up useful bits of info if you keep attending but honestly I've heard it all before and I'm motivated enough this year to do my own work anyway.

My principal has been getting on to me about attendance as well which is seriously annoying. The whole year flew by up to the mocks but it's really crawling now.

I'm not sure if anyone else finds this but the antics of the year I'm in are quite tiresome as well. Pushing people around the corridors,taking the piss out of teachers,making snapchat videos of each other in class. Just grow the f*ck up like. I wouldn't have even found that funny last year. It probably doesn't help that the TY in our school isn't great so around 50% of students skip usually. These people are the most annoying. I will be 20 by the time the Leaving comes around and some of these guys will still be 16 I think that says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

thelad95 wrote: »
    So how is everyone finding school these days? I'm finding motivation to go in hard to come by these days. I have no orals this year and am writing up the geography field study so when that's done I feel I will have no reason anymore. I know they say that you can pick up useful bits of info if you keep attending but honestly I've heard it all before and I'm motivated enough this year to do my own work anyway.

My principal has been getting on to me about attendance as well which is seriously annoying. The whole year flew by up to the mocks but it's really crawling now.

I'm not sure if anyone else finds this but the antics of the year I'm in are quite tiresome as well. Pushing people around the corridors,taking the piss out of teachers,making snapchat videos of each other in class. Just grow the f*ck up like. I wouldn't have even found that funny last year. It probably doesn't help that the TY in our school isn't great so around 50% of students skip usually. These people are the most annoying. I will be 20 by the time the Leaving comes around and some of these guys will still be 16 I think that says it all really.
    I can relate so much. So much class time wasted on immature cuuuunts acting the bollox!

Does yere schools have a special Repeat Programme in order?

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Does yere schools have a special Repeat Programme in order?

Nothing special about it you just blend in like a normal student.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jtaylol

Lads, I'm actually just so tired these days. Homework is killing me, as well as bloody class tests. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS

ok so orals next week, am I right in saying we give last years examination number in the oral? like will they not be really confused when suddenly someone appears with a completely different number than everybody else? to avoid the confusion ill probably just have to say I'm repeating..but then all that crap might come up in the oral??

kev44 wrote: »
    ok so orals next week, am I right in saying we give last years examination number in the oral? like will they not be really confused when suddenly someone appears with a completely different number than everybody else? to avoid the confusion ill probably just have to say I'm repeating..but then all that crap might come up in the oral??

They have a list of numbers on front of them, including yours.You will have to sign beside your number. They won't give two fiddles why it's different. There could be any reason why your number is different. You could be a repeat, you could be external, you could be from a different school, they don't care and it won't be asked about it unless you bring it up.

Under no circumstances give last years number. It's completely irrelevant this year apart from the CAO form.

Mods am I right or am I missing something here?

Last years exam number is irrelevant you use the current one :P

40 sraith pictiurs later and I am soooooooo bored of them

• Advertisement

Does anyone know when we have to pay our repeat fee? Apparently mine hasn't come in yet, I asked the secretary yesterday. Just wanna know so I can give my dad a heads up.. €301 my ass

I was charged €326 on the 13th of February by the SEC for the LC ... hm

Exo, are you an external candidate? I'm fretting about this now.

I am. The fees for students repeating in traditional schools are indeed €301 - however, weren't the fees due for payment before March 21st? From my recollection, last year I paid for my LC in February also.. source. I'd check that out ASAP, or I could be wrong.

EDIT: Do you mean, when do the SEC charge the fees?

jtaylol wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we have to pay our repeat fee? Apparently mine hasn't come in yet, I asked the secretary yesterday. Just wanna know so I can give my dad a heads up.. €301 my ass

Yeah we had to have the fees paid by the 18th of march cause the forms had to be back at the sec for the 21st of march??

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Yeah we had to have the fees paid by the 18th of march cause the forms had to be back at the sec for the 21st of march??

Spoke to SEC, just a mixup with my bank Giro- all is sorted. Phew.

Hope everyones oral/project work is going well.:)

So hows everyone doing? Just five more weeks and we can finally move on :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Minnie1990

More than likely going to stay at home 3-4 days a week from now on 'cause I feel like I'm falling behind on everything again and don't have much motivation to study when I come home in the evenings! Anyone doing this? Might try 8am to 8pm with 2-3 20 minute breaks. Optimistic but needs to be done :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 zinny

hmm @minnie1990 i feel your pain im pretty behind on the whole study aspect so the worry is starting to creep up on me but i dont think i will be taking the few weeks off school just cause i can study more in a school environment i definately feel for me it will have to be a 7:30am to 11m sort of busy work day but thats including classes so hopefully im not at a disadvantage -.-

Advertisement