Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 1 - Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

KevIRL wrote: »

Not sure if I'll save the transfer for GW2 and enable a mini WC for GW3

Thinking something similar. Only transfer on my radar is Hazard out for Silva, but might hold off that one for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

75 points for the week, solid start which always helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Finished on 83. Pretty happy with that. Only had 4 players with under 5 points. Who needs RVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Hazard getting the assist put me top of my money league by 2 points :D

Finished with a not too shabby 95

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

61 points. Lukaku and Dzeko killed me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Finished on 109 points, highest weekly score in the three seasons so far I've been playing this. Annoyingly I replaced Yaya with Couthinho at the last minute which would have got me a few points more but I won't pretend I'm not delighted with the score.

Now to try to not let standards slip for the next 37 gameweeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MonaLisaSmile

Holy wow, the extra points for Hazard brought me up to 118, putting me top of both Boards leagues. Weyhey.

359 overall, 11 in USA, and #1 amongst Cardiff fans.

Can we end the game now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Finished on 83 overall. Had Koscienly & Dzeko with Hazard as captain. Neither did the business, same as Coutinho and Walcott, potential was there for a massive week, but I suppose it's rare all 11 players do well!! Happy enough, just disappointed with Kos and Hazard especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭deisedude

109 points. My highest ever weekly score. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

65 points.
    800th+ place in boards.ie league and 1.1 millionth in the world. Fantastic start. Need to build on that now and not let my standards slip.
    Aaaagggghhhhhh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,101 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

thank you Hazards assist.

71 points looks a whole lot better than 65 for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Holy wow, the extra points for Hazard brought me up to 118, putting me top of both Boards leagues. Weyhey.

Can we end the game now?

It's all downhill from here, I actually feel a bit sorry for you:pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

75 for a finish, 63 the average so can't complain really, it's a marathon not a sprint etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Can we end the game now?

Cant be to many cardiff fans in the US anyway.

:p

Well done btw.

;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Solid 73 for the gw.

Lukaku to Lambert done. Team picked. Captain picked. All done in 5 mins last night. Not logging into the game again unless there's an injury.

Kinda sums up my state of mind regarding the game right now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

50 points for the week

:(

Two transfers made, team slightly up in value, some money in the bank, but four pint hit.

Hoping for better things this week end. The review on Hazards Assist was a slightly saving grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,101 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Team picked. Captain picked. All done in 5 mins last night. Not logging into the game again unless there's an injury.

i've done the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Solid 73 for the gw.

Lukaku to Lambert done. Team picked. Captain picked. All done in 5 mins last night. Not logging into the game again unless there's an injury.

Kinda sums up my state of mind regarding the game right now :rolleyes:

I'm the same. Wildcard played earlier this week and I just stuck in the players due to rise and will look at it again Saturday morning.

Mate knew I was away from the internet last night and the bastid text me saying Ivan didn't start.

I ended on 73 for the week. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

70 for the week, highlights Coleman & Soldado, lowlights Mertesaker & Anelka. With the likes of Hazard, Dzeko & Couthinio it could of been so much better but expect the same for most.

3 Chelski players so transfer already done, Cole > Zab. Also have Cech and he will be gone next week. Did consider Shaw to free some cash but have Boruc and didn't want to double up on Soton defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

64 for the week . Fairly disappointed with that .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

66 points with a some serious problems in my team already :( Rat not starting and Kos getting suspended, coupled with Lukaku's limited play time means I'm looking at a points hit.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

72 for the week with Coleman on the bench.

Team sorted for the weekend, brought in Dzeko for Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

65 for the week, considering Snodgrass didn't play, Lukaku was my captain and Walcott and Navas didn't do anything, I'm lucky to get 65!

Onwards and upwards from my mid-table obscurity!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Happy with 86pts this week, the Hazard assist was a bonus. Transfer made Lukaku to Dzeko & Captain picked. Roll on Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Finished on 84 pts which is one short of my target so a good week. Had two Chelsea players so I'll bench Terry next GW and keep Hazard, still capable of an assist or a goal even against United. Brought Barkley in for this weekend because judging by Martinez ' comments he'll be getting a lot of game time so his value should only rise for my GW4 wildcard. Coleman, Mignolet and the Hazard assist were my main positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Can we end the game now?

Damn you, I'm one point behind! And you're keeping me off top spot in FXB's league as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

F1ngers wrote: »
    Could you not just bench Kos?
    Looks like his price won't drop.

I have literally no one on the bench so has to be done, got lescott!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lescott looks like a bargain now if he plays whole 90 minutes again.

85 points - very happy with it. GW2 looks less promising to me. Ivanovic to Lescott, will keep Hazard for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

why does everyone think Dzeko will start at the weekend ? never mind... just swapped Lukaku for him (after the price drop for lukaku :( )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I would rather have Osvaldo from Southampton than Dzeko. My opinion only, and I have none of them.

Advertisement