Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have dental floss stuck in my tooth

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Keep us updated on the progress of the floss, Strawberry. I'm on the edge of my seat here :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Go suck :D

oooh suck? I can do that!

Couldn't find cocktail stick but I have cuticle stick. I'll stick it in one side and suck it out the other. I may be a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

You must have never found a suspicious looking hair in your takeaway, a thousand retches were had.

No but found a short and curly in my ham salad roll once from the deli fella who used to wink at me every morning...enough said. My friend who used to come with me to buy lunch (before incident) always said that aint no mayo hes putting in your roll!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

How about asking them helpful people on boards what to do ?

• Advertisement

oooh suck? I can do that!

Couldn't find cocktail stick but I have cuticle stick. I'll stick it in one side and suck it out the other. I may be a while.

Have you tried a No. 8 knitting needle. Or a crochet hook? Diluted sulphuric acid should break it down

You must have never found a suspicious looking hair in your takeaway, a thousand retches were had.

The wretched retches?

Joe10000 wrote: »
    How about asking them helpful people on boards what to do ?

Good idea Joe lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    The wretched retches?

Twas hidden under a skewered chicken satay, that's all it took.

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    Have you tried a No. 8 knitting needle. Or a crochet hook? Diluted sulphuric acid should break it down

I don't knit but there is a fishing tackle box downstairs. Fish hook? And could I substitute the sulphuric acid for white wine vinegar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I don't knit but there is a fishing tackle box downstairs. Fish hook? And could I substitute the sulphuric acid for white wine vinegar?

Real women use catgut.

Got the b1tch! :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Use dental tape!

Phew! I bet you're exhausted but plainly relieved. You're so lucky it didn't morph into a congar eel.

Pics or it didn't happen :pac::pac:

A Siege of Ennis and high 5s all round!

I know! I think the best course of action is to no longer brush my teeth and let the plaque block up those dangerous gaps.

Or ask your dentist if he would kindly remove all your teeth, then have fun replacing said teeth with Festival flavoured TicTacs.

Haha I much prefer tootie fruitie's though. They make my mouth seem.....fuller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Get the little plastic things with the floss attached, don't know the proper name.

Floss sticky thingy I think it's called?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I may have come late to this discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

And it won't come out!

I have a crooked tooth at the bottom and the floss got lodged between it and another tooth. So I yanked the dental floss and as it knotted up at the back of my tooth and got stuck. I've managed to pull bits out with the tweezers but now, there's a little bit left that I can't get a grip of. It's doing my head in!

Should I try and dislodged it with more dental floss?

No, go to the sea, and find some seaweed, then use the seaweed to floss out the real floss.

ETA: Oh, no seaweed? You musta got lucky.

No Woolly, that is sound advice. Don't know why anyone would bother looking through the dentist forum when all the solutions are right here, in AH.

No, go to the sea, and find some seaweed, then use the seaweed to floss out the real floss.

ETA: Oh, no seaweed? You musta got lucky.

Why did the crab blush?
    Cos the seaweed.

...............................I'll get my coat.

Btw fussy, that was a sympathy thank :p

Btw fussy, that was a sympathy thank :p

:mad:

Advertisement