Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The greatest performer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Go on then, i could do with a laugh. Name one band in which the frontman wasn't the main attraction (ticket seller).

This is too easy.

Who's your main man/woman?

Remember, we're talking the greatest performer.

Not bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Mick Jagger is an unreal performer. He's around the 70 mark and you would swear he's in his 30s to see him on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Wouldnt be queens biggest fan but Freddy has to be up there, the wembley performance is amazing. Could watch it over and over again. Other musicians that really stand out for me Jim Morrison, Bob Marley.

Non musicians our very own Richard Harris and without a doubt Liz Taylor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Mick Jagger is an unreal performer. He's around the 70 mark and you would swear he's in his 30s to see him on stage.

If you were blind and deaf maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Pink Floyd? No.

Led Zep, no way. Although that's your best pick, i give you that.

Kraftwerk, they had a frontman?

How about you stop trying to derail the OP's thread. You've had your say now leave it. You've spent 10% of your posts so far arguing on one thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

At the mention of Muse in another thread, Matt Bellamy is right up there as a frontman

If you were blind and deaf maybe.

Oh good one. Which Rolling Stones gig were you at that made you form this opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Too tough to to die has a very weak argument.

I actually agree with a point or two of his but this is about individuals.

Freddie like.

darced wrote: »
    I think you should of watched him at glasto it was beyond comical watching the corpses shuffle about the stage.

Glastonbury gig wasn't great I'll admit, from what I saw on tv anyway, but I was at them in Hyde Park and they were fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Morrissey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Oh good one. Which Rolling Stones gig were you at that made you form this opinion?

Why would I go and see them? I watched Glastonbury and it wasn't very good at all.

Why would I go and see them? I watched Glastonbury and it wasn't very good at all.

Well in my opinion, unless you have seen a band/artist live, you can't possibly know how good or bad they are.

There are plenty of bands that I really like and have watched clips of gigs that look great or look poor, but I still can't give any of them as an answer when I have never seen them live.

That's just the way I see it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Non-music wise, The Rock. Not many people will know what it's like to have a crowd of 20, 30 even 40 thousand people in the palm of your hand, he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Krudler took the words right out of Stereomaniac's mouth. The People's Champion has my respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

see this pisses ne off,as a front man,loathe him or love him,bono is a God,as a front man!

he is up ther with freddie and bowie and madonna,whether we like it or not,he is,......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Iggy Pop would mop the floor with Bono. Mark E. Smith would eat Bono for breakfast, and all the capitalist bull**** he represents. The Iron Sheik would put Bono in the Camel Clutch also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Siosleis

Freddie Mercury.Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'm sure if Bono was gay and died of AIDS too everyone would be clamouring to put his name forward on this thread.

thats the reason people pick Freddie, now Bono is a victim because he's not a victim...

get off boards Hewson...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Iggy Pop would mop the floor with Bono. Mark E. Smith would eat Bono for breakfast, and all the capitalist bull**** he represents. The Iron Sheik would put Bono in the Camel Clutch also.

Because he has raisin balls?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Siosleis

Queen had savage songs, and what a front man in a time that everything was unacceptable.I believe his partner was an Irishman as well.From Carlow, of all places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Siosleis wrote: »
    Queen had savage songs, and what a front man in a time that everything was unacceptable.I believe his partner was an Irishman as well.From Carlow, of all places.

One of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Rod Stewart is definitely up there for me. Great showman.

Also happened to catch No Doubt at a festival a few years ago and Gwen Stefani put on a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Freddie Mercury, Tina Turner & Michael Jackson. They all have/had a presence that very few can match. And then there's their music; most of which is still very relevant and influential today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

kraggy wrote: »
    Freddie Mercury.

The presence.

That is all.

The show man ship the theatrical nature of there live performance and the want to have a good time.

All should really be mentioned too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Bruce Springsten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Queen / Freddie Murcury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Has to be Ron Jeremy. His performance over the years was staggering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

An amazing performer no doubt, but death does a lot to add to a legend. Similar with Cobain and Tupac. Axl Rose was a better performer than Mercury around that time, for what it's worth, but unlike Mercury, he's had the misfortune of fading into (semi) obscurity.

I'd consider myself a big enough Guns N Roses fan, & indeed at their peak Axl was indeed an incredible performer. The Tokyo '92 gigs, for example Rocket Queen is an example of their brilliance of the time. But to say Axl rose was a better performer than Freddie is just wrong. Freddie loved his audience, & that shone through his performances, whereas Axl, when not inciting riots, gave the impression he hated his fans, & while he could certainly sing, was an absolute bell end walking off the stage many times throughout tours etc.

Freddie was a professional to the very end, the greatest singing voice, the best performer, & truly befitting of the legend he is. Without a doubt, the greatest for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

C'mon, it's GOTTA be Freddie. Now I don't have the hate that many do for Bono. I've seen U2 a couple of times and they put on a good show.

But seriously..............

Live Aid, i remember it well "25 minutes that rocked the world is the only way to discribe Freddie Mercury and Queen's perforamce that evening. Im a life long fan, still have all the albums on vinyl from when i was a kid.

IMO the greatest preformer of all time is Freddie Mercury.

Advertisement