Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dermot & Dave Thread [98fm]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Speaking of twitter .... did you see the tweet directed at yoI :P
    "Hi Seren_ :-)"

Ahh just saw that now omg. Stop lurking Mr Dunne! I feel bad now, i actually like his show a lot, but that post made it sound like I didn't :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Disappointing to hear they're being cut by an hour. I would disagree that there is no filler though, there is a fair amount of stuff that gets replayed, US Silly Sports, Say Stuff, Mary from Florida and Jingly Bits all gets repeated during the week. It's all good stuff, so personally I never minded it.

They're my favourite thing on Irish radio (with Foley & JP), so I hope I can keep listening. (I'm not in Dublin, so only listen when I'm at work online) It was ideal for me, because once KC finished at 2.30 I only had half an hour to wait until they came on. Now I've to wait an hour and a half, and can only listen til 6. :( AND when KC leaves TodayFM, my whole radio day is ****ed up!!

Just on the twitter thing, Dermot and Dave are very good for replying to tweets, have often chatted to them on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Disappointing to hear they're being cut by an hour. I would disagree that there is no filler though, there is a fair amount of stuff that gets replayed, US Silly Sports, Say Stuff, Mary from Florida and Jingly Bits all gets repeated during the week. It's all good stuff, so personally I never minded it.

Maybe, but those segments would be rotated on different days, not like they'd US silly sports and then play it an hour later unless they have a massive request. Also most listeners will listen for an hour at most on the way home or around the house so less keen listeners wouldn't notice the repeat.

Either way it is a shame, they are superb on air together and I wonder how listeners will react. Barry Dunne doesnt desrve to lose half his show though. I hope he keeps the 90's and 00's after 12 though, loved that bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Barry Dunne had a 5 hour show (all music) which was way too long.

Will be interesting to see how the Adrian and Jeremy show goes. I hated the late night chat shows so haven't listened in years. I'll give them a few weeks to see if they impress.

Defo a shame about Dermot and Dave. I was the same with only a 1/2 hour wait after KC

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Synode wrote: »
    Barry Dunne had a 5 hour show (all music) which was way too long.

Equivalent show on FM104 is also 5 hours, all music.

• Advertisement

It was the reason I turned it off. If I only wanted to listen to music I'd put on Spotify and listen to the music I wanted to listen to. At least they're trying something new.

It was the reason I turned it off. If I only wanted to listen to music I'd put on Spotify and listen to the music I wanted to listen to. At least they're trying something new.

A mid morning chat show. Not really new is it?

I meant new as in a departure from an all music show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Anyone know the new times for the US Silly Sports and Say Stuff repeats?
    4.15 was perfect for my drive home!

sebcity wrote: »
    Anyone know the new times for the US Silly Sports and Say Stuff repeats?
    4.15 was perfect for my drive home!

Not sure! Missed yesterdays show, but I think the Say Stuff repeat was on around 3.45 today. Don't quote me on that though! :o

• Advertisement

US Silly Sports just had the action replay.

No D&D all week! :(:(:(

the-ultimate-no-compilation.png

Claire Solan filling in for anyone interested.

I'm nearly sure I heard her say yesterday that they're off for two weeks. Nightmare if true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thought Dave's World was great today. It's usually hit or miss for me, but today was a huge hit.

Enjoying the show from Mary's house in Florida... the jammy gits! :p

Enjoying the show from Mary's house in Florida... the jammy gits! :p

Ye I caught a few minutes of the show today, i'm a fan of the guys but I never hear the Mary from Florida section because of work, but from what I do hear and this trip they made I don't get it? Who is she and why is it popular. The show coming from Florida just seems a bit self indulgent.

soc160 wrote: »
    Ye I caught a few minutes of the show today, i'm a fan of the guys but I never hear the Mary from Florida section because of work, but from what I do hear and this trip they made I don't get it? Who is she and why is it popular. The show coming from Florida just seems a bit self indulgent.

On the one hand, Mary is absolutely lovely, she's gas craic (imo) and her little sayings are funny.

But on the other hand, yeah, it seems like they just chanced their arm at a paid holiday and got it!

Why I'm enjoying the show personally, is because they are covering new things and are talking to interesting people... it's nice for a change. I wonder will the novelty have worn off when Mary comes over? Maybe not though, the funniest thing they did before was have her say Irish slang words. They'll probably do more of that kind of thing.

Ray Foley got his digs in on the boys being away anyway! Very funny. He described the lads as Dermot; 'the funny one', and Dave; 'the one who laughs at the funny one.' A hint of envy about the boys being away no doubt. I would assume as they are part of the furniture at 98 that they can do this kind of thing. I'm sure in a few years, when he is more established there, Ray will look to do the same scale of OB. Didn't he do his Today FM show from New York once? :pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

They're pretty much just having the craic like they do every day but with someone else who's also craic.

Plus, it's paid for by American Holidays. It's also still work!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So may 13th is dermot and Dave day in baker, Florida.

Where's the lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Must be still travelling back. I'd expect them to be on tomo.

Missed the start of the show, where are the lads today? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Radio Freak

It's one of the best afternoon drive time shows on the radio. The chemistry between the lads is great and it's genuine too. I don't wish to compare other shows on other radio stations, but FM104 drive time show doesn't come close to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

the lads off to today fm

Last show today. :(

Looking forward to them on Today FM though, can finally hear them even when I'm in the car. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I never heard the prank call from Dermot to Dave before. About 6:15. It was hilarious. Don't know how Dermot managed to avoid laughing at some point.

Podcast not up on the 98fm website yet. Only got to hear a few minutes live

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

bye bye D&D bye bye 98fm

Nightmare not having them on at 4 anymore. Anyone know when they're starting on Today fm?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Nightmare not having them on at 4 anymore. Anyone know when they're starting on Today fm?
    September. It's going to be a long summer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement