Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH PDF

Options
  • 15-08-2013 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

A good few years ago I joined the army in Dublin and upon joining I took an oath of allegance to the constitution and also not to be involved in any political party
    Anyways off I was sent to Gormanston Camp for my recruit training and it really was a dream come true giving alot of my family were in the military
    About three weeks into my training my platoon commander asked me in private whom i supported politically and my first response was that I was non political,which he completely dismissed. and further question me So I told him straight out I supported Fine Gael
    Anyways it was kind of the death of my army life cos after saying that I was kind of bullied out of the army by not being finally approved at the end of my training
    I tried to rejoin an number of times but they wouldnt hear of it. I also applied for my file under the Freedom of information and I noticed alot of lies were wrote in my recruit training diary. I tried every avenue possible to get back in but I could not get any joy
    Just wondering Did anyone out their
    suffer any similar expierance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

A good few years ago I joined the army in Dublin and upon joining I took an oath of allegance to the constitution and also not to be involved in any political party
    Anyways off I was sent to Gormanston Camp for my recruit training and it really was a dream come true giving alot of my family were in the military
    About three weeks into my training my platoon commander asked me in private whom i supported politically and my first response was that I was non political,which he completely dismissed. and further question me So I told him straight out I supported Fine Gael
    Anyways it was kind of the death of my army life cos after saying that I was kind of bullied out of the army by not being finally approved at the end of my training
    I tried to rejoin an number of times but they wouldnt hear of it. I also applied for my file under the Freedom of information and I noticed alot of lies were wrote in my recruit training diary. I tried every avenue possible to get back in but I could not get any joy
    Just wondering Did anyone out their
    suffer any similar expierance

I'm intrigued. What sort of lies were written about you?

I'd be very surprised if anyone actually cared about your political inclinations, let alone have it influence their evaluation of you unless they thought you were some kind of extremist nutcase.

Is it possible that the lies are in fact shortcomings that you have but won't admit to yourself? I'm not trying to have a go but some people aren't very self aware and don't take criticism too well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

You should be taking this to the Defence Forces Ombudsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

I'm fairly sure this didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

I'm fairly sure this didn't happen.

If it did he be an officer or Commander of the Defense forces by now!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lillywhite2012

oh it did happen back in 99 and 2 things that sicken me is that it was when i was asked why i did not support the gov at that time was that i felt the country completely over inflated plus some of these who ousted me have gone on to hold senior positions in the army

• Advertisement

oh it did happen back in 99 and 2 things that sicken me is that it was when i was asked why i did not support the gov at that time was that i felt the country completely over inflated plus some of these who ousted me have gone on to hold senior positions in the army

I know you are lying.

100% lying

**** u it did happen

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

I know you are lying.

100% lying

Could not agree more with you Senor Fancy,

This story seems flawed, Too many people involved to just make up lie's.

Basic training could have 8 Nco's 1 Sgt 1 Lt, Then the Captain the Commandant so on so forth in regards to a Recruits LA89 Discharge Papers.

Maybe you just did not prove capable enough to the officers over you. Basic training is difficult and you are always been watched and reports coming and going about you and your fellow recruits.

I'm 100 percent sure you where not booted over you political backing.

and i never knew their was a defence forces ombudsman and i will be updating u after i finish with them

**** u it did happen

Lol no it didn't.

I trained in the ONLY Recruit Platoon that went through Gormanston in 1999.

Everyone who made it through were finally approved. Those who "ousted" you, the Pl Sgt is retired and the Pl Comd is now a Comdt.....so neither hold "senior positions in the army"

Come back with a better story next time

• Advertisement

**** u it did happen

What year did you enlist? I had a family member trained in the same camp.

What year did you enlist? I had a family member trained in the same camp.

"1999"..... Just like me

Lol no it didn't.

I trained in the ONLY Recruit Platoon that went through Gormanston in 1999.

Everyone who made it through were finally approved. Those who "ousted" you, the Pl Sgt is retired and the Pl Comd is now a Comdt.....so neither hold "senior positions in the army"

Come back with a better story next time

Brother passed out 28 Aug 1998 along with 51st 52nd and 53rd so you must have been in the next intake?

I agree with what ur saying about training and yes I think as an 18 year old i was unsuitable. I was to rebelious to rules and yes maybe i deserved to be discharged. But my point is 3 other recruits were found to be unsuitable as well and all 3 got back in. And it is often said that 20 is the right age to join the army

I agree with what ur saying about training and yes I think as an 18 year old i was unsuitable. I was to rebelious to rules and yes maybe i deserved to be discharged. But my point is 3 other recruits were found to be unsuitable as well and all 3 got back in. And it is often said that 20 is the right age to join the army

PM your service number and the names of the 3 that got back in.

Sure, PM me the name of your Sgt or Cpls

Otherwise, you are just taking the piss out of us.

I join in 2005 at 17 left end of 2010 try to get back in at the last recruitment passed ever thing but failed interview just to keep me off panel, that is the way it works in your case maybe they did not want to take the risk as a lot of time and money go's into training and you failed first time around so give someone else ago, Or go North and try the BA, If you want a Military Career take the step that is what my further holds unless the BA thinks i wont cut it

and no he is not a comdt,Hes retired and the sergent went off to oz

PM your service number and the names of the 3 that got back in.

Sure, PM me the name of your Sgt or Cpls

Otherwise, you are just taking the piss out of us.

Remember Service numbers tell a lot to those that understand them so do not try and pull one from the sky. Not saying you will

and no he is not a comdt,Hes retired and the sergent went off to oz

A few Sgts from that time went to Oz.

Look man, it looks like you are taking the piss. If you could PM me any type of info to prove you served I may be of some assistance to you.

I have NEVER heard of ANYONE being questioned about politics in the DF. And not to be finally approved because of it is absurd.

None of this rings true....prove me wrong please.

A few Sgts from that time went to Oz.

Look man, it looks like you are taking the piss. If you could PM me any type of info to prove you served I may be of some assistance to you.

I have NEVER heard of ANYONE being questioned about politics in the DF. And not to be finally approved because of it is absurd.

None of this rings true....prove me wrong please.

Their is 100's of areas he could have failed on but political rejection is just silly, and really seems the OP is just using it as a reason as to his failure.

• Advertisement

you pm your initials and the three corporals names and ur section commander and then ill know ur not taking the piss

you pm your initials and the three corporals names and ur section commander and then ill know ur not taking the piss

LOL is that all you can come up with?

Ok, here's some non personal questions that you can answer.

How we're you paid in recruit training and what was the procedure?
    Where did you go to be finally approved?
    How many accommodation blocks are in the camp?
    Where are the female lines?

I'm hoping for correct answers as I genuinely want to help you out here.

LOL is that all you can come up with?

Ok, here's some non personal questions that you can answer.

How we're you paid in recruit training and what was the procedure?
    Where did you go to be finally approved?
    How many accommodation blocks are in the camp?
    Where are the female lines?

I'm hoping for correct answers as I genuinely want to help you out here.

Honestly give a bit to receive some helpful information, Otherwise trot on down to Shatter office and promise him vote it was all the rage few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Midnight Oil

He has PMd me the name of his Pl Comdr, who did train a recruit Pl at that time

A quick google names PL Comdr for that platoon. Abit more information please

we were paid cash intitally and then by cheque 105 pound a week I , theirs 2 accom blocks a and b block. the female lines were on ground floor and we were accomadated in the block right in front of guard room i think a block

He has PMd me the name of his Pl Comdr, who did train a recruit Pl at that time

In Gormanston, in 1999?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Midnight Oil

A quick google names PL Comdr for that platoon. Abit more information please

Okay so, you PM me the names of the Pl Comdrs from that time and we will see.

Given that you joined six years later, in fact I am pretty sure that this Pl Comdr was already practising law at that stage, how would you know?

BTW the Pl Comdr he claims trained him later ran for election and currently holds a position at local level within a political party that was in power at the time, not that I claim that his accusations are true

we were paid cash intitally and then by cheque 105 pound a week I , theirs 2 accom blocks a and b block. the female lines were on ground floor and we were accomadated in the block right in front of guard room i think a block

Just for taught, What is it you want to achieve in making a complain? Surly your over the age too enlist so what do you want to achieve, I hope you do not make false complains on why you where discharge tainting current serving soldier's career's. As in my opinion it was not a political discharge.

• Advertisement

See that wasn't so hard.

Now, you say you were questioned on your political views then you were not finally approved because of them. It's not like you were canvassing for Sinn Fein or anything.

Why on Earth would this stop you from passing out. It makes no sense at all.

Was there anything else that happened?

Advertisement