Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steamer Truck/Chest Repair

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

All done bar lining the inside.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Nice job well done.

Yes indeed with this project more or less out of the way i will take a look at the trunk at the bottom of the attached picture and see what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭jack of all

Nice job; do you mind me asking what it cost you in terms of materials and consumables to finish the project?

It ain't cheap tbh. But its what you want to get out of it i guess.

1. Birch ply cut to size €70, with of cuts for other jobs
    2. Leatherette €65 again depends on what you want here.
    3.Assembly €0
    4.Reconditioning old trunk parts €0 (bar your time)
    5. Authentic parts for Assembly Ie Clinched nails, rivets & sundries €100

6. Conversation piece..and history restored along with its functional use...i'll let you guys put a price on that one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭jack of all

Thanks for your reply dingdong; that's about what I would have guessed cost-wise. Well worth it in my opinion, you'll have it for years and presumably you learnt a few new skills along the way, and that's priceless!

Thanks for your reply dingdong; that's about what I would have guessed cost-wise. Well worth it in my opinion, you'll have it for years and presumably you learnt a few new skills along the way, and that's priceless!

Agreed. I would do it all again. It was my great aunts whom came back from canada back in the 1920/1930's. So in terms of satisfaction this project has worked in many levels, not just for me but extended family have taken an interest. So the rewards extend beyond the cosmetic.

And my skill base has learned and adapted to. So very happy overall.

Advertisement