Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office work.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

keith16 wrote: »
    Usually I start on the left (that's my strong foot). Once I have kicked a few admin shapes in the left wall, I have lunch (chicken roll from spar with extra roll).

After lunch, I tackle the right hand side, and usually I polish off the ceiling before I cycle home on my bicycle.

Today, my administration rate was 34% which is terrible for a Monday.

34% wouldn't be bad for a Monday if it wasn't a Tuesday. You sound like quite the administrator and I wish you all the best in you future administrative endeavours in administration :)

Dies anyone actually know the reason why women prefer warmer temperatures in an office?

It's because they're cold blooded animals ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

used to work in an office (data entry for logistics firm) in the days when you could smoke in the workplace, it was fairly cushy first thing you would do is boil the kettle, the second was to spark up and when all the essentials were in place only then would you start hitting the keyboard. Wash rinse repeat til clocking out.
    I got bored after a few years and left it to work with children with disabilities because I felt I needed a sense of "purpose", something you're unlikely to find that doing office work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Why do all DJs etc say "back to the office" on Mondays when most of us probably don't work in an office?
    As for sayings like touch base? Pretentious f***ing ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Why do all DJs etc say "back to the office" on Mondays when most of us probably don't work in an office?
    As for sayings like touch base? Pretentious f***ing ****e.

DJs live in their own little world sure, Ray D'Arcy hasn't left the studio for 22 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Dies anyone actually know the reason why women prefer warmer temperatures in an office?

Women will like what I tell them to like.

It's a scientific fact that the female of our species can adminstrate using only a single percent of their brain power. As such, they need the heat to stay warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Apparently
    Women carry less fat and muscle mass than men, and so need a more efficient technique of protecting their core body temperature.

Also if they get too hot they can't sweat to cool themselves down. We should give them more credit :pac:

dmc17 wrote: »
    Also if they get too hot they can't sweat to cool themselves down. We should give them more credit :pac:

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

:confused:
    I think it was attempting humour by comparing women to dogs. If he was a more well known poster it would probably have flown.

• Advertisement

pharmaton wrote: »
    I think it was attempting humour by comparing women to dogs. If he was a more well known poster it would probably have flown.
    Ah. Went right over my head. Whoosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I don't, I hate it I got the boss to get me a fan last year and I have the window in front of my desk open constantly ! I work in the office on my own mostly, but 7, sometimes smelly men use the office too. Bad times :)

pharmaton wrote: »

Nope, I was referring to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

On my way to admin the shît out of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

I'm administering myself right now. Loving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Another great day in the office.

*Stares out window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Repetitive work, usually
    Warm & Dry in the Winter
    Stuffy & smelly in the Summer
    Great banter with your colleagues
    Severe bitchiness with your colleagues
    Coffee
    Few opportunities to let one rip
    Short skirts