Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like emptying and filling your dishwasher?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Chucken wrote: »
    Stand back! I saw him first!

:mad:
    Prove it, Chuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Would you like to spend a week in my house?

And when you're done there you can come to me (I live foreign like and I'll pay your fares n everything)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

keith16 wrote: »
    I used to always just fire the knives, forks, spoons in any old way in the little holder for the cutlery.

But then Mrs.keith16 made a rule that each little compartment should hold cutlery of the same type. So all the forks go in the same box.

Now I love emptying the dishwasher.

She's changed you, man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

This is why I had two kids, granted they are meant to cost me 100k each, but its worth it when I say "kids who's turn is it, to empty/fill dishwasher" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

:mad:
    Prove it, Chuck!

Hmmmm, how would I do that?

I'll tell you what, we'll take him for a week each.....every 2nd week ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Chucken wrote: »
    Stand back! I saw him first!

RachaelVO wrote: »
    And when you're done there you can come to me (I live foreign like and I'll pay your fares n everything)
    I think the backwards man has just invented a fool-proof PUA technique. We'll end up pulling each others hair out to get him soon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My broke a month ago, cant afford to fix it, but getting use to cleaning the old way.
    have notice you use alot less cutlery, instead off just using every dish ,cup, and knife and fork until the dishwasher is full !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

kingcobra wrote: »
    Not a hope, dishwashers can smell like shite

You're doing it wrong...

kingcobra wrote: »
    Not a hope, dishwashers can smell like shite

If you're running a long hot wash put a small squirt of bleach into the dishwasher during the first fill up. Don't do it in a short wash, you need a couple of rinses at least. It makes cutlery and glasses sparkle and sanitises everything.

Another pro-tip it to get one of those squeezy lemon juice things and put a little squirt of that in the final rinse and the dishwasher and crockery smells lovely afterwards.

I don't mind the dishwasher, but the chore I LOVE is folding laundry straight out of the dryer. All that lovely soft, warm, cosy stuff, like a big fluffy cuddle for your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Don't have a dishwasher. I hate using them, I'd have the job done myself in the time taken fill it and unload it.

It's probably more worthwhile for a bigger household though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

mad m wrote: »
    This is why I had two kids, granted they are meant to cost me 100k each, but its worth it when I say "kids who's turn is it, to empty/fill dishwasher" :D

This. I am madly in love with my dishwasher but filling and emptying it is children's work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Just to clarify, I like doing my own housework.:o Sorry ladies.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Absolutely hate emptying the dishwasher. Would rather wash up as I go during the day & leave it for oh to do. Hate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

No I avoid emptying the dishwasher like the plague ! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Earthwalker

Taking a dump can be a joyful
    experience at times and I do love to eat, so yeah, I guess I do like emptying and filling the dishwasher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Taking a dump can be a joyful
    experience at times and I love to eat, so yeah, I do like emptying the dishwasher.

I don't think they recommend doing that to the dishwasher, I could be wrong now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

wazky wrote: »
    I don't think they recommend doing that to the dishwasher, I could be wrong now.

Most dishwasher manuals would advise against it but the modern ones can handle it. I would opt for the highest temperature and longest cycle.

I am surprised at the number of people that do not have a dishwasher. I would expect all rental accommodation to have one at the very least but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Red Pepper wrote:
    .....I would expect all rental accommodation to have one at the very least but I could be wrong.
    Not sure which end of Aylesbury road you are thinking of, but you could be very very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I don't have one and I miss it terribly, I dispise washing up with a passion, I hate everything about it, not least the horrible way my hands feel after it. Someone was selling me a dishwasher barely used for really cheap and all but I am in a rented accomadation and there was no where for me to plumb it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

I don't mind filling or empying the dishwasher - not a favourite chore but not the worst.
    What I HATE is the dishes/pans that don't fit well in the dishwasher or can't be washed in it - they pile up on the draining board waiting to be washed :mad: This is a job I LOATHE and causes endless arguments in our house. If they're left too long, it's even worse ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Filling and emptying the dishwasher isn't the worst chore in the house. So I don't mind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

wil wrote: »
    Not sure which end of Aylesbury road you are thinking of, but you could be very very wrong.

The Galway end...Dishwashers cost between 200 and 300 these days - a weeks rent for many houses. Tenants should be demanding/expecting dishwashers or else they should look elsewhere or query the rent. Irish landlords are the scabbiest in the world methinks.

Advertisement