Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like emptying and filling your dishwasher?

Options
  • 12-08-2013 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

I have to say I get a real kick from opening my dishwasher and seeing all those squeaky clean dishes. I remember a time when we all had to hand wash our dishes and pots (with mild green fairy liquid) so the dishwasher remains an amazing invention in my eyes.

I do enjoy emptying it but I also like to spend time filling it and ensuring the wash is as efficient as possible. I like the sound of them operating even though the modern ones are almost silent.

well I know it's not much of a philosophy...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

You're a sad sad person.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Not a hope, dishwashers can smell like shite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

I don't have a dishwasher.

Someone care to explain in full detail on what the feeling is like pwease

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I sleep with the dishwasher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bazza1

No

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

May be slightly over thinking it OP, just slightly :D

No interest in a dishwasher myself, if I were running a hospitality business such as a bar or a hotel there might be a need for one alright, but seeing as it only takes five minutes to do the same amount of delph, cups and cutlery manually, and have them put away while the dishwasher still have another 15 minutes to go... I really don't see the need for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

J'adore my dishwasher.

I don't think we'd cook half as many fancy-pants meals without it. The 3 of us in the house manage to fill it up every 1-2 days and don't have major stinky-dish problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

I don't like emptying or filling it, but I like when it washes my dishes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I have to say I am kinda fond of our ol dishwasher.When the general managers not around I washed all sorts in it.My coin collection,fishing reels ,part of my shot gun,tools ...does a fine job.
    You might ask why the,dishwasher ? Well I could hardly use the washing machine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Favourite chore ever.

BEATS IRONING INTO SECOND

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

The smell that can waft out if you don't put on a wash every day can be lethal. That and the risk of rubbing against last nights cutlery when I'm depositing my breakfast items gives me the willies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

It's a lot nicer than doing the dishes yourself. Takes less time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

I like having a dishwasher, I'd draw the line at saying I like filling and emptying it...

It's the household chore I hate the most. A very very close second is putting the washing away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

Ugh, putting the washing away. It's almost as bad as unpacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I used to always just fire the knives, forks, spoons in any old way in the little holder for the cutlery.

But then Mrs.keith16 made a rule that each little compartment should hold cutlery of the same type. So all the forks go in the same box.

Now I love emptying the dishwasher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

The smell that can waft out if you don't put on a wash every day can be lethal. That and the risk of rubbing against last nights cutlery when I'm depositing my breakfast items gives me the willies.
    Use the rinse cycle to remove heavy residue off dishes while you're waiting for a full load.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I'd much rather load it then empty it.

At least when I load it all the dishes are off the counter... unloading it, no sense of achievement what so ever, when they were in the dish washer I couldn't see them and my counters were clear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

I love my dishwasher, but I'll love it even more when I get it working again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Constant source of argument with the OH. Now I just throw the dishes in any old way-they're gonna be re-loaded no matter what so I just get them in any old way.
    Don't mind emptying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I love housework. I sometimes turn on the dishwasher when I am bored and it is only half full. I vacuum every day, then clean out the vacuum and the filters daily as well.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Use the rinse cycle to remove heavy residue off dishes while you're waiting for a full load.

Matron... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not particularly - I love having one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

I would have to say there is nothing I enjoy more then unloading and loading the dishwasher, sometimes when nobody is around I fill it with CLEAN dishes just for kicks!

Nothing sucks the life out of my day, like seeing clean dishes waiting to be removed from the dishwasher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I also love the new Powerball dishwasher tablets. I only started using them recently. They are so 2020 with the magic red ball in the middle doing all kinds of magic cleaning stuff. It looks good enough to eat. Those tablets do seem better than the powder in terms of cleaning efficiency and economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I use mine for washing and degreasing car parts, the tea tastes a bit funny out of the cups the next time it's used for the ware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I love housework. I sometimes turn on the dishwasher when I am bored and it is only half full. I vacuum every day, then clean out the vacuum and the filters daily as well.:)
    Would you like to spend a week in my house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Would you like to spend a week in my house?

Stand back! I saw him first!

Advertisement