Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat advertising

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

1ZRed wrote: »
    How bout apples?

You know when you go to the shop, why are so many of the apples not covered? Any dirty aul bastard would be coughing and sputtering around them. You'd think they'd have a sneeze guard or something at least.

Apples are good though. I like Granny Smith's the most I think, though I'm partial to an odd red apple occasionally too.

Apples, eh?

Could be aul lads pulling themselves off over them too. "Oh Granny Smith, I've always wanted to cop a feel of your sweet apples." Think about that next time you sink your teeth into an apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

What about advertising meat with a smiling character of the animal related to that meat? Promoting animal cannibalism/serial killers?!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Could be aul lads pulling themselves off over them too. "Oh Granny Smith, I've always wanted to cop a feel of your sweet apples." Think about that next time you sink your teeth into an apple.

Really don't want to think about it :-$

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

We seem to have become a nation preoccupied with 'the Germans'.

Thank God for that. All that came before the Germans were those bloody Scandinavians. I much prefer Ze Germans.

Advertisement