Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour dropped this in my letterbox

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Never, ever, ask for your lawnmower back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Never, ever, ask for your lawnmower back...

What about a strimmer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

grizzly wrote: »
    Should I be worried? (it landed on the mat as a photocopied piece of paper, not a jpeg).
    I live in Portobello, I got the same letter in my mailbox last Friday.

It's crazy sh!t! I can't throw it out, it's quite funny in a weird way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP go and get a copy of playboy and leave a copy of Playboy on his doorstep and write you clearly need some of this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The person still uses a maths copy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

send him back a satanic sacrifice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

shane9689 wrote: »
    send him back a satanic sacrifice

At your service..

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

get even.....send him back a letter from the Corthinians

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Ask him does he have a copy in lowercase or sentence case.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You sure it was a neighbour? I found one of these in town today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Burn your house down... or his house down. I'm not sure which just burn someone's house down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Wrap a very large and warm but not runny turd up in it then tie it to a brick and return to sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭josip

Make your phone number hidden and ring the Jehovahs, Mormons, Scientologists, Krishnas, etc and tell them that you'd like to have a chat about beliefs and would they be able to pop around for a chat? Give the nieghbour's address and schedule vists for every 2 hours. He'll either recant or be in nirvana.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Fratoue

Should I be worried? (it landed on the mat as a photocopied piece of paper, not a jpeg).

On the ball with Karl Marx being a bankers puppet and the New World Order, seems they can't stop telling us enough lately of the NWO:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Shoulda gone to Specsavers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Print out hundreds of these and stick them all over your house

http://mochadad.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/obey2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

These evangelical Christan nutcases put similar rubbish into my letterbox, although they do print it rather than handwrite it as seems to be the case here.

They are almost always immigrants from a particular African country who appear to think affinity with a fundamentalist Christian message will get them respect in Ireland and want to attribute their lotto win of residency status in an EU country to divine intervention. Their "saved" bollocks is as patronising as the message of equally certain fundamentalist atheists.

Nobody knows the answers. Stop pretending to be certain about things you cannot possibly be certain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tornaxx

I have to say, I love the stationery.

OP, how do you know it was your neighbour? Did you see him put it in the letterbox? And was it a handwritten original, or a photocopy or print-out?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

How do you know it was your neighbour OP? I work on Baggot Street and we get copies of this in our letterbox every few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That looks like some sort of code to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Just send back a note stating "TLDR"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Correct all spelling and grammar mistakes with red pen and return. It may help to grade it also and add an explanatory note akin to a school report written down the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

That letter reminds me of a born again christian woman I used to work with. Every morning she came into the office and spent the first 30 mins singing songs about jesus "quietly" to herself. Nice enough outside that but we did get the odd "going to hell" lecture now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Leave a burnt goat on his lawn and draw a pentagram in blood around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Please tell me how I can sign up to this newsletter!

To be honest I would love a neighbour like this. I would engage with him and appear supportive and then I would go about winding him up mercilessly. By the end he would think I am a complete nutjob (and with good cause) and move out soon after...the fun we could have!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

CJC999 wrote: »
    Correct all spelling and grammar mistakes with red pen and return. It may help to grade it also and add an explanatory note akin to a school report written down the side.

Yeaaaaah....No.
    People that write manifesto's ALL IN CAPITALS are generally not the sort of people you want to engage with. They're more the 'smile, and back away slowly from the crazy person' types who's basement nobody ever wants to see.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Reply with "Well duuh."
    God is coming back soon and this'll all be sorted out, he just needs to chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

There used to be an oul one that went around dublin graffitting this sorta scrawl on walls and hoardings, usually racist bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cupcake83

Run....

• Advertisement
Advertisement