Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour dropped this in my letterbox

Options
  • 12-08-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Should I be worried? (it landed on the mat as a photocopied piece of paper, not a jpeg).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 soundsofgeisha

Yes. Move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Sending a thank you note back to them should suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

are you sure it was a neighbour and not an angel ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Burn his house down and tell him that you were giving him a "new start" as God demanded. That'll teach him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

grizzly wrote: »
    Should I be worried? (it landed on the mat as a photocopied piece of paper, not a jpeg).

I'd grab a highlighter and mark any errors in spelling, grammar and logic. Then post it back.

There'll be plenty in the 'logic' column.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

Reminds me of a guy that used to work with us, used to walk around all day telling us how we need to pray to Jesus and talking about him 24/7. Not sure if you should be worried TBH, some people just feel the need to spread this stuff as much as they can as they don't seem to understand how people don't look at it the same way they do, maybe just politely ask him not to drop any more spam in your letterbox, or ask neighbours if they got the same. If it was just you then maybe you can worry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I'd say they seen you naked and are now telling you that god demands answers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sounds like potential for great fun.

Ask them about this god and when and to who (s)he actually said all that.

Maybe god could drop around to you one day.

(Don't accept any of his/her "messengers" especially if you have kids).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I wouldn't trust a man who uses math paper to write essays on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

send him a picture of karl marx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

For those of you who didn't bother reading the letter it basically outlined the OP's neighbour's desire to make love to him then ride away into the sunset on a hornless unicorn... He may just mean horse. Actually quite touchine really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

send him a note saying "Thanks for the toilet paper"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

No need to worry, though if you were to post it in a public forum that he came across I'd be very worr....oh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Who would drop a jpeg through the door?

I thought email was the way to go!

Silly Dark ages people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Burn his house down OP, god demands it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Stick it back in his letterbox with "God not known at this address" written on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

They have obviously put a lot of work into it, you should be flattered.

Join their cult, least you can do.

Stick it back in his letterbox with "God not known at this address" written on it.

Bad idea. OP will be hounded by weekly visits to ask if he's 'found god' yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

So to summerise: Your neighbour hurled a computer monitor through your letterbox which had a burnt-in image of a letter demanding a new box of breakfast cereal for his dog Isaiah.

Yeah, I would say that is about normal for where you live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I had a filthy rotten nosy pervert neighbour once, so I wrote him a letter making myself out to be a looper, and he was gone by the month's end

• Advertisement

I had a filthy rotten nosy pervert neighbour once, so I wrote him a letter making myself out to be a looper, and he was gone by the month's end

A looper? You told him you were an hitman from the future!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Highlight random letters on it and write on the back "Message Received" and post it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    Highlight random letters on it and write on the back "Message Received" and post it back.

Thats good, or Arthur Conan Doyle his ass....

Send him an anonymous note saying "We are discovered, flee immediately" then sit back and enjoy the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭degsie

not a jpeg

Thankfully he didn't drop these through. You could have stood on one!

http://www.hightechapartments.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/J-shaped-hook.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

endacl wrote: »
    I'd grab a highlighter and mark any errors in spelling, grammar and logic. Then post it back.

There'll be plenty in the 'logic' column.

3 distinct highlighter colours would work better, with a legend explaining what each colour signifies. E.g. red is spelling, green is grammar and blue is logic.

I am intentionally using primary colours. You'll see why further down.

Some phrases may fall under one or more of the three, so you could use the intersecting colours for these to highlight the multiple errors:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.primarycoloursconsulting.co.uk/primarycoloursconsulting-co-uk/_img/Primary_Colours_Consulting_No_Type.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.primarycoloursconsulting.co.uk/what-we-do/the-primary-colours-model/&h=1047&w=1096&sz=201&tbnid=5i_cDomMPG2OwM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=95&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dprimary%2Bcolours%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=primary+colours&usg=__2UXQUncNb0kbv8UmdXVrHgAYAb4=&docid=i4JbzlqoopkpfM&sa=X&ei=JCcJUue1I4aGhQfBnoHoDw&ved=0CEEQ9QEwAw&dur=1109

You will probably need an alternative for white however.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

Ask him around for a chat and when you answer the door to him have a Gimp mask in your hand and tell him your so glad he called ...should do the trick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

The very least you can do is send him a tin foil hat as a thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

We get them in the door in work! It's an aul fella who sends them, he's not a vagrant but doesn't look to full shilling either....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Hang a portrait of Marx on your front gate and a couple of crucifixes upside down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Looks like the nighbour is trying to give you the frightners for some reason, i'd go knock on their door to see what the problem is.

Advertisement