Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keoghs: Nordie-ist??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

Hard to spot the Nordies in Dublin these days.
    In the past we had little, wiry moustaches, black leather jackets, loafer shoes and white socks.
    We'd give each other "that look" in the street and maybe a sheepish nod.
    But now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

anncoates wrote: »
    That's obvious.

Place is rammed with silage abusers.

It's not abuse. It's just on the weekend s...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

even if he was 'nordiest' you could just have said you're from donegal just to see the look on his face

Hard to spot the Nordies in Dublin these days.
    In the past we had little, wiry moustaches, black leather jackets, loafer shoes and white socks.
    We'd give each other "that look" in the street and maybe a sheepish nod.
    But now....

i have all of those things but my moustache would be more of the victorian style

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

i have all of those things but my moustache would be more of the victorian style
    Are you one of those "New Nordies" stealing our jobs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Harp is the nicest Beer in Ireland if the Pint is poured properly, biggest seller here in Dundalk by a mile and I know its very popular down South in Parts of Cork and Kerry aswell.

On the Nordie thing, My ex was from the North. She always claimed that whenever we went out down South, be it Dundalk, Drogheda or Dublin that people treated her different. I dont know how true it is as I always told her she was overthinking things.

I do know that the clubs in Dundalk are not too fond of Northerners coming down and many often get turned away

Guys with different accents usually do better with women so maybe they're afraid of them stealing all the girls. If what you're saying is true that's pretty bad though.

Are you one of those "New Nordies" stealing our jobs?

do you mean eastern european? no but i look like one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

'Nordies' is a term Jackeens from The Pale use.

See what I did there?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Alias G

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Cos this is not the Dublin forum.

No **** sherlock. The OP is not from Dublin either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Maybe he refused to serve ya as your eyes were looking very blured ...

morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Were the couple you were chatting to uncomfortable? Are you loud?

Are you really asking if you were refused a drink because you're from the North?

I am quite loud, but the couple seemed happy enough to chat us, maybe they were hinting at the barman when I wasnt looking????????

Augmerson wrote: »
    What is the story with people saying Nordie? I know its an attempt to differentiate people from other areas but I never meet anyone from Galway saying they are Westest or people referring to Wexford people as Southies. I'd be in favour of dropping it altogether. Tell us what county or town you are from, it's no bother. You can call it Ulster or Northern Ireland, the Six counties or the Province. It just annoys me because sometimes I hear it used derogatively also OP.

Fermanagh, but to anyone not from the surrounding counties, I sound like Im from Donegal.

Are you really asking if you were refused a drink because you're from the North?

It was more of a catchy title TBH, I was hoping someone who was there/works there would be able to enlighten me so I'll no for again.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Well this is new.

Patron of pub disagrees with barman over whether he's had enough to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

Murine Eye-whitening drops. Works for me everytime.

Advertisement