Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will be legal/illegal in Ireland in 50 years time?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭worded

wazky wrote: »
    Cycling a bike with no wheels, whilst your naked.

But in the cycle lane I hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

worded wrote: »
    But in the cycle lane I hope

Hey, we aren't complete savages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Watching a TV show here that mentioned prohibition in the States and it got me thinking. For over 10 year alcohol was banned over there whereas 50-60 years ago in Ireland it was only men that were allowed to enter pubs, it would be unheard of for a woman to be seen in a pub of any description.

For over a thousand years South American indigenous peoples have chewed the leaves of Erythroxylon coca, a plant that contains vital nutrients as well as cocaine.

So what drugs/things that are illegal now will be within the law in 50 years time?

The coca leaf does NOT contain cocaine. Cocaine only comes into existence when the coca leaves are mixed with certain chemicals and put through a manufacturing process.

Coca leaves on their own are used just like tea leaves or coffee. They provide a slightly stimulating drink just like any caffeine drink like tea or coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

kraggy wrote: »
    The coca leaf does NOT contain cocaine. Cocaine only comes into existence when the coca leaves are mixed with certain chemicals and put through a manufacturing process.

Coca leaves on their own are used just like tea leaves or coffee. They provide a slightly stimulating drink just like any caffeine drink like tea or coffee.

the indigenous people would use couriers to transport messages aong the andes,these curies would run long distances whilst chewing the leaves of the coca plant

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Cycling a bike with no wheels, whilst your naked.

50 years?! They're doing a nake dbike ride in Cork in less than 2 months (probably with wheels though).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

50 years?! They're doing a nake dbike ride in Cork in less than 2 months (probably with wheels though).

Not the same then, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

mike65 wrote: »
    Euthanasia - sounds radical but I reckon so.
    Maybe Youthanasia. Even more radical.:D

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Maybe Youthanasia. Even more radical.:D

Would die off in a few years id imagine though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Everyone will have ISDN.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Chin Stroker

Interesting point: what will be ILLEGAL in 50 years time...?
    /QUOTE]

Title amended to cover illegal stuff too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

After Hours will definitely be illegal in 50 years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

No longer will you be able to fail your driving test and then you drive yourself home :D

Actually they may have stopped this already, been a few years since I had L plates

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not the same then, is it?

I think a mild compromise is in order to avoid a 50 year wait? That said, the wheels really are just a practical: can't imagine them objecting to a naked bike-walk to be fair...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Jumboman wrote: »
    The EU wont be around in 50 years it will collapse the same way the soviet union did.

I second this.

Hunting rabid telephone boxes will not only be legal, but encouraged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

krudler wrote: »
    Gay marriage, abortion, weed.

Not one of them affects me personally (well maybe the abortion one but hopefully that won't be something I ever face with a partner) but they should be available legally to adults who want them.

The day I see a stoned married gay couple going in for an abortion is the day I die a happy man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Sharia Law will be legal, best start growing them beards now dudes, and wave goodbye to the breakfast roll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

wexie wrote: »
    Not that radical, plenty of European countries allow it.

Only Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Luxembourg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_euthanasia

penalty points will be replaced by a reward system for mowing down wanker cyclists

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

penalty points will be replaced by a reward system for mowing down wanker cyclists

Unlikely I'd say.

• Advertisement

Unlikely I'd say.

one can hope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Either everything will be legal because we will be living in a post apocalyptic zombie type situation like in the walking dead, or everything that is forbidden in under Sharia Law will be illegal as we will be taken over by Muslims by then. So its zombies or muslims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Either everything will be legal because we will be living in a post apocalyptic zombie type situation like in the walking dead, or everything that is forbidden in under Sharia Law will be illegal as we will be taken over by Muslims by then. So its zombies or muslims.

Muslim Zombies?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

efb wrote: »
    Muslim Zombies?

Oh My Allah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭BognarRegis

Only with a hand pushed lawnmower as there will no longer be any cars then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Gingers.

Reverse Plantation. Send them all back to Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Illegal to protest against this sh!t Government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sharia Law will be legal, best start growing them beards now dudes, and wave goodbye to the breakfast roll :)

This is why Sharia Law stands no chance in Ireland. Don't get between an Irish man and his processed pork products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

All dissenting thoughts against the party will be illegal.
    Thoughtcrime is death

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Gay marrage

Illegal to force a particular religion on a student in schools, eg Catholic school with crosses, everybody saying prayers etc

Advertisement