Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do People Deal With ****ty Jobs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

conja wrote: »
    Well since you asked 4 times I quit on july 2007. Yeah I know you're still stuck in your ****ty job and can't believe others can break away and start their own 200k PA business.

aren't you great, 200k PA must give you so much to do, like post on boards making a tit of yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Should have got yourself into the boning hall OP

Those lads earn very decent money.

Anything else in the factory is badly paid

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marmul92

mu first job was actually pretty good I worked there for 6 years

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Nodin wrote: »
    What time was quittin time, as a matter of interest?
    what time did you finish at?
    .....what time did your job finish at....?
    july 2007.

FFS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Some people have different standards of sh1tty. Like so people see medicine as a dream job as you are helping people and making a **** load of money. Personally I dont think I could hack 30 hour shifts as an intern and treated like crap for the first 5 years of the job. To some day finally make it as a surgeon. But if your seen as a "bad doctor" you will than likely sent to some regional hospital in the country that no one has heard about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Well since you asked 4 times I quit on july 2007. Yeah I know you're still stuck in your ****ty job and can't believe others can break away and start their own 200k PA business. You will probably want proof now I suppose pm me and I will send you a link to my website.

www.waltermitty.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I work a job that has a title and responsiblities, and when i tell people my job I get a whole lot of
    Oh that's greats, congrats
    Oh that will look great on your CV
    Suppose your going to be looking for a job with more responsibilities soon

To which my reply is...Ah its grand...By which I really mean, I miss my days working part time and at times really miss my days on a dole unemployed...

I currently earn €347 for working 39 hours a week...I also have an amount of sh!te I've to put up with from my area & regional managers, my own manager is grand...I also can't get a Saturday off unless I take a weeks holidays...

Currently exploring options to leave the real world and maybe go back to college or win the lotto, although if I decided to go back to college when I was unemployed I had a chance of getting it for free

I'm currently just sticking around until I can get anything better, but I do fear my experience level will make it hard to get one of those great low level, zero responsibility jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Elbaston

x2
    I have to pay the bills. I rather be in a job I hate, than be a dole parasite.

I want you to lose your job and be unemployed so much that I'd give a kidney.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Elbaston wrote: »

I dont think he meant all of them (2.5 yrs myself and thankfully no more). At least I really hope he didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Elbaston wrote: »

Why is everyone overreacting to this? I assume they mean those who refuse to work at all rather than those who are actively job seeking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I deal with my current shítty job by reminding myself over and over that in my job prior to this, I was assaulted both sexually and physically, bullied, harassed, belittled, demeaned and ended up in counselling over it, when I eventually quit. So, nothing can be as bad as that in comparison.

Plus, I have a proper job title and responsibilities, some lovely customers, and I work alone, so don't have to deal with shíte from the owner unless he comes in to do a spot check. I hate being on minimum wage, because I've never worked for such little money before (working since I was 15, always got more than minimum wage), but it beats being on the dole. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

I hate my job.
    I hate it so much I'm leaving the country in January.

I'm on a relatively decent salary but it's a line of work I despise and only got into because I couldn't do what I wanted.
    I would happily take 30% off my salary if it meant job satisfaction/enjoyment/fulfilment went up by 30%

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

My first and only job was working in a meat factory for about 6 hours (yes 6 hours) back in 2007 it was the worst moment of my life the horrible meat smells, the low wages, having to get up at 6am. I just walked out.

6 hours is all I could take. On the bright side the fear of going back to a job like that made my current business successful. :)

My first job was also a meat factory, difference was it was back in 1993 there was no Celtic Tiger and I was glad of the money.

I grew up on a farm though so I suppose the blood etc didn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

My first job was pretty pants, sweeping factory floors. Twas 2006 mid you. I dealt with it as it was my bread and butter.

Roll on a few years and I've reached a somewhat satisfying job that pays me well enough to live by and a bit of a career ladder plus some perks now and again.

I'm pretty content 'Til the next "Celtic Tiger"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

I call BS OP, I know quite a few web designers in Ireland, pretty good ones, they do well but none of them make anywhere near 200k, and they may do long shifts but none would do code for 12 hrs 7 days a week. I couldn't even do things I really really like for that long though I do work 5 12 hr shifts every other week currently. Still, an ultra-amazing web designer that can't spot the fact that in three separate posts the same person asked what TIME you finished at, not what year? Must be great at debugging...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

sligoface wrote: »
    I call BS OP, I know quite a few web designers in Ireland, pretty good ones, they do well but none of them make anywhere near 200k, and they may do long shifts but none would do code for 12 hrs 7 days a week. I couldn't even do things I really really like for that long though I do work 5 12 hr shifts every other week currently. Still, an ultra-amazing web designer that can't spot the fact that in three separate posts the same person asked what TIME you finished at, not what year? Must be great at debugging...

i thought it was assumed by us all that OP is lying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

I hate the saying ' you should just be happy you have a job' that people say. Im planning my exit due to ****e career prospects. Six years with AIB with not one pay rise and expected to work extra for a once off payment of 4% on a annual salary they can fcuk off! Not accepting the LRC recommendations!!

And I know AIB is still owned by the taxpayer but its low earning base staff (who had nothing to do with the cluster fcuk we are in) still contribute massively to the national economy.

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 81,872 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'll just leave this here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

I rather be in a job I hate, than be a dole parasite.

You probably secretly love w*rking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Capercaille

krudler wrote: »
    Everyone on the dole is a parasite now? What about people who were made redundant?
    People who are on the dole and are not actively seeking work/further education and are happy to remain on the dole are vermin and should be treated like vermin. The person who lost his/her job and are doing their level best to get back into work/education, I have respect for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement