Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do People Deal With ****ty Jobs?

Options
  • 11-08-2013 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

My first and only job was working in a meat factory for about 6 hours (yes 6 hours) back in 2007 it was the worst moment of my life the horrible meat smells, the low wages, having to get up at 6am. I just walked out.

6 hours is all I could take. On the bright side the fear of going back to a job like that made my current business successful. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

It's not 2007 anymore, even $hitty jobs are hard to come by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Necessity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I'd imagine money makes it somewhat bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Probably because ****ty jobs provide income that can be used in exchange for goods and services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Anti-depressants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Capercaille

Necessity
    x2
    I have to pay the bills. I rather be in a job I hate, than be a dole parasite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

conja wrote: »
    My first and only job

:eek:

x2

So would the majority of those "dole parasites."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

You just get on with it I suppose. I worked a minimum wage job during the boom when everyone was wiping their hole with €50 notes but it was all I knew at the time so it wasn't particularly depressing. If I had to go back to it now I probably wouldnt be best pleased though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Why was the word Meaty *d out in OP title?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Royal.Baby

Some people have no choice but to work such jobs, others are born with a silver spoon in they're mouths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

My first and only job was working in a meat factory for about 6 hours (yes 6 hours) back in 2007 it was the worst moment of my life the horrible meat smells, the low wages, having to get up at 6am. I just walked out.

6 hours is all I could take. On the bright side the fear of going back to a job like that made my current business successful. :)

What time was quittin time, as a matter of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Most jobs become shitty after a while, you put up with it to finance your lifestlye and have fun outside of work. How many people do you know who would honestly stay in their current job if they won a huge amount of money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 conja

x2

I would rather be a dole rat than get up a 6 AM everyday to go to a soul crushing job working around a sociopath boss for an extra 100 a week.

whirlpool wrote: »
    So would the majority of those "dole parasites."
    I know plenty of dole vermin who refuse paid work and remain on the dole.

I would rather be a dole rat than get up a 6 AM everyday to go to a soul crushing job working around a sociopath boss for an extra 100 a week.
    I wouldn't. I'd rather not be a parasite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

x2

Surprised you're not having a nosebleed from being up on that high horse :rolleyes:

...I used think the same. Still did it though. Anyhoo, what time did you finish at?

So do I. (Well, I know of them.) But lets be fair here and assume that the vast majority would prefer to have ****ty jobs than be on the dole. And I base that assumption on the dozens of people who I know personally who have been on the dole.

And this is the problem with this country.
    I'd like a 6am job, better to get up early than (like me) have to start work at 12pm most days. Chances are you will only consider your boss a psychopath if you're nothing but a lazy c*ut who cant understand that you actually have to "work" if you want to earn money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've had a few really ****ty jobs but I enjoyed them all the same, for whatever reason. I'd never 'do a job' if I hated going to work every day. Sooner starve tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Everyone on the dole is a parasite now? What about people who were made redundant?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

krudler wrote: »
    Everyone on the dole is a parasite now? What about people who were made redundant?

Im pretty sure that post was aimed at people who refuse paid work.

Senna wrote: »
    And this is the problem with this country.
    I'd like a 6am job, better to get up early than (like me) have to start work at 12pm most days. Chances are you will only consider your boss a psychopath if you're nothing but a lazy c*ut who cant understand that you actually have to "work" if you want to earn money.

No the guy actually was a sociopath I was not aware until a few of the guys told me how fcuked up he was.

Who the hell are you to call me lazy I work 12 hours a day on my web design biz 7 days a week. Just so I never have to work a job like that.

No the guy actually was a sociopath I was not aware until a few of the guys told me how fcuked up he was.

Who the hell are you to call me lazy I work 12 hours a day on my web design biz 7 days a week. Just so I never have to work a job like that.

.....what time did your job finish at....?

Good for you, if it's one thing Ireland needs at the moment it's entrepreneurs but don't mistake people who can't get work for people who won't get work.

My first and only job
    I work 12 hours a day on my web design biz 7 days a week.

So you work 7 days a week for 12 hours a day, but thats not a job:confused:
    If you don't even know what you do, what hope do the rest of us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Hallucinogens.

The night shift in Tesco is so much more interesting after taking a few.

Nodin wrote: »
    .....what time did your job finish at....?

Well since you asked 4 times I quit on july 2007. Yeah I know you're still stuck in your ****ty job and can't believe others can break away and start their own 200k PA business. You will probably want proof now I suppose pm me and I will send you a link to my website.

• Advertisement

Well since you asked 4 times I quit on july 2007. Yeah I know you're still stuck in your ****ty job and can't believe others can break away and start their own 200k PA business.

You said you started at 6AM. At what time of day was your shift ended?

Advertisement