Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park queries (and at queries reagrding tickets, parking, match-day info, etc.)

Options
  • 10-08-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

Started this for the sake of the regulars who are fed up answering the same questions over and over again. Perhaps it can be stickied by one of the mods.

Fixture Info:

I may as well start with the remaining fixtures as some one actually asked when Mayo are playing next.

11/08/2013 - Dublin vs Cork (Hurling Semi Final 1)
    18/08/2013 - Limerick vs Clare (Hurling Semi Final 2)

25/08/2013 - Mayo vs Tyrone (Football Semi Final 1)
    01/09/2013 - Dublin vs Kerry (Football Semi Final 2)

08/09/2013 - All Ireland Hurling Final

22/08/2013 - All Ireland Football Final

All games are on a Sunday at 3.30pm, following a minor game. Additional information about the games can be found on match threads, hoganstand.com, any decent newspaper, gaa.ie or indeed by asking any GAA folk around the country.

Ticket Info for the semi-finals:

Tickets for any of the semi finals can be gotten here or on ticketmaster. Ticketmaster have a poorer selection of tickets, plus they have a booking fee. However, on ticketmaster, you can choose your seat yourself. Tickets can also be gotten at selected SuperValu and Centra stores, more information here. If you are a member of a club - get tickets there! It will give you a better chance of getting tickets for the AI final.

Tickets for the Dublin - Kerry game may sell out, but apart from that game, tickets should be easily gotten on the day of the game in 3 designated box offices.
    • GAA Ticket Shop Dorset Street - Located on 53A Lower Dorset Street
    • GAA Ticket Shop on NCR - Located opposite Gill's Pub at the Junction of North Circular Road and Jones Road
    • GAA Ticket Outlet Ballybough - Located at the end of Clonliffe Road at junction with Ballybough Road.

Tickets for the All Ireland Finals cannot be purchased from any recognised ticket retailer, they can only be purchased from clubs.
    See following section.

Ticket Info for the All-Ireland Finals:

Please, do not, I repeat, do not, come on here saying that you have attended all games this year but are unable to get a ticket, and are hoping someone here can sort you out. The regular posters know the people who frequently attend games. If you say you do, and it's one of your first posts in this particular forum, people will be less willing to help you out.

Sob stories are similarly disliked, and yet they are always given. Regular posters on here have heard them all before, and will like you less if you give a sob story.

Tickets can be gotten from your local club if you are a member.

Tickets can also be purchased from touts on certain websites, such as ebay, but I would urge anyone not too buy tickets for above face value as it only encourages touts. If you do, and the GAA know that you did (they frequent sites like ebay), they will cancel the tickets.

Certain members on here will be kind enough to sell you spare tickets at face value, generally on a first come first served basis. There will be a thread created closer to the finals for people looking for tickets.

Doing a ticket crawl on the day of the final should get you a ticket, especially on the Hurling Final Day. Start from Madigan's on O' Connell Street and work your way towards Croker, there's always a few decent people willing to sell you a ticket at face value. It's probably less likely to work this year however, as the hurling final will throw up a novel pairing, and if (or when according to a lot of people) Dublin get into the football final, tickets will be scarce.

Guaranteeing yourself AI Final tickets for next year:

Purchase the GAA Season tickets for your county in whatever code you prefer. Attend 60% of games (League and Championship) and you are guaranteed a ticket for the AI Final should your county get there. (If you attend 100% of your county's games you will be entered into a draw should your county not get there.)

Price of Season ticket: €85 for adults, €10 for children.
    Other Benefits: Entry to all league games in chosen code, option of bring a friend, discount for championship games, free entry into Club Finals and great value.

If you're a Dub purchase the Parnell Pass for the slightly more expensive price of €130 for terrace tickets or €165 for Stand ticket. It covers both the hurling and football league games for free, free access to all club games, all league games in Croke Park and guarantees you a ticket for each Championship game.

For those more financially capable, buy a premium ticket, 1 year tickets are available for €1000 - covers all games in Croke Park.

Pay membership at your local club, purchase all championship tickets at the club and you'll get an AI ticket should your club get there. Even if you don't purchase all championship game tickets there you'll have a much better chance of getting AI tickets (although not 100% guaranteed).

Ticket Prices:

For the semi finals: Tickets are €40 for stand tickets, and €25 for terrace tickets. Childrens tickets (under 16) are €5, but they are only available for the Cusack and Davin Stands.
    Students and OAPs can avail of a €10 refund, which can be gotten as you enter the stadium but only by presenting valid ID at Block D turnstiles at the rear of the Cusack Stand.

Ticket prices for the All Ireland finals are €80 for stand tickets, and €40 euro for terrace tickets. Please do not give out about the cost of tickets. There is probably no other sporting organisation in the world that sells tickets at such low prices for it's show piece event in one of the finest stadiums anywhere.

Seating info:

Section go from 301 to to 336, and 701 to 736. This is probably the most accurate seating arrangement map I can find, as most seating maps seem to think the Hill goes 3 quarters of the way across - it doesn't, the Nally goes about halfway across, but is much smaller. The Canal End is another name for the Davin Stand.
    Croke_Park_Croke_Park_Stadium_Dublin_AA_DUBLIN_3.jpg

There is also a flash interactive map that gives you a view from any section, here, but I don't particularly like this map as the pictures don't do the views justice. But the layout is much clearer.

In the lower tiers, the closest row to the pitch is A, it goes all the way Z, and then AA is behind Z, and continues all the way back to ZZ. They say rows EE are covered from rain, but I've found it greatly depends on the wind.
    In the Upper tiers the rows go from A (being the closest) to Z. People that suffer from vertigo shouldn't go to the upper tiers.

There is also 4** section, which is located right behind the 3** section. These are far less common however.

Entering Croke Park:

This is the best graphic of entering Croke Park, consult Google Maps for more info. For some reason I can't embed the image but here is the link: http://goo.gl/dobmv2

Parking in Dublin on matchday:

Roads around Croke Park are closed to all except residents on match days.

Of course, a lot of people will have their own spots and ways, here are some common methods. One must remember that traffic in the city after a big match will be diabolical.

Also worth noting, Bus Áras Luas stop is normally closed on matchdays (after the match anyway). After a big game avoid Abbey Street Luas stop - it's jam packed. Alternatively walk to Connolly station after the match, get a Luas from there or walk to George's Dock Luas stop (4 minute walk from Connolly).

Coming from the West, I've found the best thing to do is to park in Maynooth and get the train to Drumcondra (about €2.50 each way).

Parking at any Dart station or train station connected to Connolly/Drumcondra is easier (in my opinion) regarding getting away after the match.

The Red Cow park and ride is 4 euro for 24 hours, then get the Luas to Bus Áras/Connolly/Abbey Street.

Walking from Connolly Station (or Abbey Street if you're on the Luas) takes about 10 minutes. Again, looking at Google Maps will give you directions.

It's €6 for parking in Cleary's multi story in Marlborough St. (up until 7pm). You must tell the parking attendant you are going to the game however. About 15 minutes walk from Croker.

Parkrite in Parnell Street is €4 on Sundays. Next to no traffic going in at around 12pm. 15 min walk to Croker.

O' Connell Schools at the back of the Davin Stand is €10 (enter via Richmond St North, just off NCR), you are right next to the ground and if you have kids it's very handy, they have a few picnic tables that you can eat at. The staff are excellent there too.

Port Tunnel to get out of Dublin after the game. €3 toll.

There is a thread here on parking for more info. Above info was mostly taken from that thread.

For people with mobility problems, and need to be dropped outside the stadium, patrons must contact Mountjoy Garda Station on +353 (1) 01 666 8600 or email events.mountjoy@garda.ieevents.mountjoy@garda.ie. Please note that the entrance for wheelchair users on public level is through the A2 gate at the Cusack Stand turnstiles.

Any other queries I'm sure myself or anyone else here will be more than willing to answer. If you're not getting a reply, the answer has probably already been posted.

Any other info, please feel free to add.
    index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2Fcroke-park-ticket-holders-guide.gif&md5=c48b0e88ed2087846775e051e7bd3319a4000284&parameters[0]=YTo0OntzOjU6IndpZHRoIjtzOjQ6IjgwMG0iO3M6NjoiaGVpZ2h0IjtzOjM6IjYw&parameters[1]=MCI7czo3OiJib2R5VGFnIjtzOjQyOiI8Ym9keSBiZ0NvbG9yPSIjZmZmZmZmIiBz&parameters[2]=dHlsZT0ibWFyZ2luOjA7Ij4iO3M6NDoid3JhcCI7czozNzoiPGEgaHJlZj0iamF2&parameters[3]=YXNjcmlwdDpjbG9zZSgpOyI%2BIHwgPC9hPiI7fQ%3D%3D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Great post and highly welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Has Christmas come early? Great job !

THFC, my only suggestion to add to your most excellent post, is to perhaps add in that AI final tickets do not go on sale to the general public. You can only get them thru a club, or via the season ticket program. From reading your ticketing info above, a bandwagoner may get the impression that they can buy them from Ticketmaster or Tickets.ie, when that is not the case. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,103 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

On the parking I find the O Connell Schools at the back of the Davin Stand to be very good (enter via Richmond St North, just off NCR)
    It cost e10 but you are right next to the ground and if you have kids it's very handy, they have a few picnic tables that you can eat at.
    The staff are excellent there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

But I've been to every game this year...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    But I've been to every game this year...:P

Hah, me too :pac:! If Dublin get through in the hurling I'm going to seriously have to think about getting affiliated with a club next year or doing the double on the football/hurling season ticket. Supposed to go to Monza for the F1 but I'd stay in the city for a hurling final, selling my soul :D

On a more serious note, awesome post THFC. You might mention about the 4xx seating too, essentially a section of double-letters at the back of 3xx. If you've never been placed there here's the proof they exist - that's 405 SS 23 for the 2011 final, given to me by the season ticket. Entry is by the same means as 3xx and for all the world it's just 3xx row SS, don't know why it's called 4xx but it confused me when I got it

Also, to fix that link to the entrances here's a short URL: http://goo.gl/dobmv2

• Advertisement

Hah, me too :pac:! If Dublin get through in the hurling I'm going to seriously have to think about getting affiliated with a club next year or doing the double on the football/hurling season ticket. Supposed to go to Monza for the F1 but I'd stay in the city for a hurling final, selling my soul :D

Ouch! I had a season ticket for the hurlers last year, but went against it this year because I was out of the country for a few weeks at a wedding during the league. Not getting ahead of myself, but I wish I'd stuck with it this year as I'd have saved a fair few quid by now I'd say. Will go with it again next year.

Ouch! I had a season ticket for the hurlers last year, but went against it this year because I was out of the country for a few weeks at a wedding during the league. Not getting ahead of myself, but I wish I'd stuck with it this year as I'd have saved a fair few quid by now I'd say. Will go with it again next year.

Monza happens once a year, even if this is the end of the N/A V8 engines. Dublin Hurling getting to an AI final; that's history. Even if I end up watching it in the Big Tree or down in the Croke Park Hotel/Gills, it will be worth it. Like yourself I strongly thought about it but passed it up for other reasons, even now I'm regretting it. I'll not make that mistake a second time; much like next season I'm strongly considering getting a Hill season ticket for the football and not going to the Cusack. It may cost more, especially if you don't head to the Parnell Park games but there's no replacement for the Hill, even amongst the season ticket holders in 304-306.

Anyway, I think that's enough off topic *creeps away*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Cheers for the feedback lads, on the train to the match atm so I'll make any changes when I get home tonight. And if ye've any more info feel free to add it to the thread, I'll include everything in the OP later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fafa

I need advice I'm travelling to slane next Sat for eminem and staying overnight and going to croke park Sun. Where is the best place to park considering I'll be heading towards Limerick afterwards?

Since you're coming in from the N2 direction anywhere north of Croker, easy access onto the M50 afterwards then slip onto the M7 and homeward bound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭m0ynihan

When do the Final tickets actually go on sale through the clubs? Or can you just start sorting it out whenever, and then collect your tickets once they arrive at the club?

m0ynihan wrote: »
    When do the Final tickets actually go on sale through the clubs? Or can you just start sorting it out whenever, and then collect your tickets once they arrive at the club?

Contact your club. They will advise you when the list for ticket requests opens. Bear in mind though that the demand for tickets usually exceeds the number of actual tickets that are allocated to the clubs, so every one is not guaranteed to get one.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Contact your club. They will advise you when the list for ticket requests opens. Bear in mind though that the demand for tickets usually exceeds the number of actual tickets that are allocated to the clubs, so every one is not guaranteed to get one.

I know about the lack of tickets, unfortunately. Thanks for the help anyway :)

I've a question myself actually for those who are involved in club boards, how many tickets do clubs get for the AI final if their own county isn't in it? If Mayo get to the final I'd like to get a ticket, but as far as I know it's 2 tickets with those going to the board members (and rightfully so) for all the work they put in throughout the year.

I presume it's too early to beg people for face value tickets already? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

THFC wrote: »
    I've a question myself actually for those who are involved in club boards, how many tickets do clubs get for the AI final if their own county isn't in it? If Mayo get to the final I'd like to get a ticket, but as far as I know it's 2 tickets with those going to the board members (and rightfully so) for all the work they put in throughout the year.

We got two pairs so 4 tickets for both football and hurling last year

I presume it's too early to beg people for face value tickets already? :pac:
    There was a rake of tickets for the hurling going here for face value last year, people on here are genuine enough not to sell for over face value. If you go up on the day you'll also have your pick of tickets, but this year may be different with a novel pairing. Football is another story completely however.

THFC wrote: »
    There was a rake of tickets for the hurling going here for face value last year, people on here are genuine enough not to sell for over face value. If you go up on the day you'll also have your pick of tickets, but this year may be different with a novel pairing. Football is another story completely however.

Well I'm from Cork, and the local club is mad for hurling. Not a chance I'll get it through them I'd say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,103 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

angelfire9 wrote: »
    We got two pairs so 4 tickets for both football and hurling last year

Yes I believe every club from non participating counties gets two of each to do as they wish with

That includes overseas clubs to by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

How many clubs are affiliated? As in how many of the 2 tickets x Clubs does that equate to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

cson wrote: »
    How many clubs are affiliated? As in how many of the 2 tickets x Clubs does that equate to?

This thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74398457) gives a number of 2,615 globally. Wouldn't know if the 350 member clubs outside Ireland get tickets..

Also not sure if that includes dual or amalgamated clubs or if it includes schools and colleges gaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

Only about 5,000 tickets so. I wonder how the remaining ~78,000 are divided up.

There's no need to wonder, it's in the Annual Report Congress 2013, Page 54 of the report (so page 56 in the PDF).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

If you are from Dublin, forget the season ticket. Get a Parnell Pass instead. Covering both Hurling and Football you have free access to all Dublin club games; Free access to the county team's home league games and ones in Croke Park, and a guaranteed ticket for every championship match, though you have to pay for those. The O'Byrne Cup and Walsh Cup games are not covered and neither are away league games. 2013 prices, renewed after the league and before the championship: €130 for a terrace ticket and €165 for a stand ticket. Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smic16

I have four tickets got for section 329 lower Hogan row p....anyone know what they are like?

Updated the OP, included an extra section for getting tickets for next year's AI finals too;). Not sure if I'll be able to make further edits.

And can a mod please change the 'at' in the title to 'all', it's really annoying me. I went advanced in the edit and changed the title, but that didn't have any effect of the actual thread title. Thanks.

Smic16 wrote: »
    I have four tickets got for section 329 lower Hogan row p....anyone know what they are like?

The very first post in this thread has a map of Croke Park, and link to an interactive map that shows the view from each section. Pitch side seats start at row A, so Row P should be about 16 rows back from the pitch.
    Hah, me too ! If Dublin get through in the hurling I'm going to seriously have to think about getting affiliated with a club next year or doing the double on the football/hurling season ticket.

Don't join a club just to get AI final tix. That would be a waste of time imo. With the demand exceeding the allocation, you'll be too far down the pecking order to get them. Long term members, players, coaches, mentors etc etc who are involved in the day to day activities of the club will be taken care of way ahead of blow ins (no offense :D ) who are only joining to get their hands on AI tix.

I might as well chance my arm...

I'll take them if you don't want them :)

Grand view. If it rains you'll get wet, but sure it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Smic16

I might as well chance my arm...

I'll take them if you don't want them :)

Ah I'm good with them!ha!!!....just wasn't sure what kinda view we'd have.....here's hoping that next Monday morning ill e worried about getting tickets for sept 8th......been getting all my tickets from tickets.ie this year instead of the club so I'm worried I won't get anything for an all Ireland final if it gets to that....fingers crossed it will be my new worry

Advertisement