Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adverts we like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

[Ridiculous background story]

Hotel? Trivago

They always make me smile :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

The Low Low one where the girl dives into the sea, tries on several items of clothing and pushes a sandwich across the desk to her screaming at the end of her tether colleague. They seem to have done away with the bit where she's ready to get jiggy-with-it with her boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

tampopo wrote: »
    The Low Low one where the girl dives into the sea, tries on several items of clothing and pushes a sandwich across the desk to her screaming at the end of her tether colleague. They seem to have done away with the bit where she's ready to get jiggy-with-it with her boyfriend.

Hmm... that sounds more like an ad you despise. :o:o:o:D;)

Here's by far the most famous Kinder Surprise ad. Kids today may find it just as unsettling as kids in 1983 did... :D:D:D;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

There's an ad for dog food,I haven't a clue what type or brand,but anyway in the ad there is a dog asleep on the couch having a dream about swimming in the river/lake with another dog,they show the dream but then it flashes back to the dog sleeping on the couch and its paws are paddling in its sleep!!

Siúl leat, siúl leat, le dóchas i do chroí, is ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

This is the story of a young girl called Lily. Looking at the moon through the family telescope one night, she's amazed at what she finds... a man on the moon.

Lily watches as he goes about his chores, all alone up there. She becomes determined to get something to the moon, to send him a message and show him that someone down here is thinking of him.

Man on the Moon

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This ad is really funny.
    And the banned version is also included here.

Siúl leat, siúl leat, le dóchas i do chroí, is ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,528 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There's every chance that I posted this this time last year..... but I love that spar Christmas tree ad! Makes me smile every time.

Some good ads here from 17 years ago - but the one for Muller Rice (at 2:22) is hilariously surreal. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Have just seen the Dacia Duster ad. God it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

The AIB mortgage ad where the kid has just moved into the area and asks about a paper round. Nice, simple ad and a great bit at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ugh hate those ads, way too much air time aswell.

The AIB mortgage ad where the kid has just moved into the area and asks about a paper round. Nice, simple ad and a great bit at the end.

There's always one... :o:o:o:D:);)

Here's probably the most famous Cadbury's Flake ad. It almost certainly wouldn't be made - and probably wouldn't even be thought of - in this day and age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

There's always one... :o:o:o:D:);)

Here's probably the most famous Cadbury's Flake ad. It almost certainly wouldn't be made - and probably wouldn't even be thought of - in this day and age.

I don't know whether to eat the chocolate or **** it.

That An Post parcel delivery with the girly postie delivering the glittery dustball thing.

Makes me smile every time!

• Advertisement

This is a good ad.
    Obviously a very depressing and disturbing reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭8 Bit Girl

The Lidl ad with the firefighters because it...eh...it promotes healthy eating....*cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

8 Bit Girl wrote: »
    The Lidl ad with the firefighters because it...eh...it promotes healthy eating....*cough*

Why are those women blocking their progress to the emergency.
    Surely they know they could just wait until their return & bang it out then?!

(I may be expecting too much from the writers there)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

One ad that does hit me in the feels is the Lloyds Bank 250 anniversary ad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

One ad that does hit me in the feels is the Lloyds Bank 250 anniversary ad...

It always reminds me of the Film War Horse.Which is a brilliant film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Always loved this one and it has finally showed up on YT :) Anyone else remember it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That An Post parcel delivery with the girly postie delivering the glittery dustball thing.

Makes me smile every time!

Heidi I absolutely LOVE that ad. His sad little face when his new owners aren't home

amdublin wrote: »
    Heidi I absolutely LOVE that ad. His sad little face when his new owners aren't home

It's a good ad for sure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

that donegal catch one posted a few back still gets me good. Very good ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The KBC Bank ad, great song choice and upbeat ad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Quite like the Mickey D's ad where he thinks he is gonna get laid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

This ad was actually banned on TV.

764dak wrote: »

I'm not too sure what I've just watched there!!

And here's why:

http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/article/24657/1/why-was-this-miu-miu-ad-banned-for-being-irresponsible

What is the world coming to?

Meanwhile, it seems that no-one has brought up the Reebok belly ad yet. Another one they probably wouldn't make these days... ;)

Colour is off on some of these but they're not half-bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Honda - "The Power of Dreams"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

It's an American shop but I still love it

The RSA will probably never make a drink-driving ad like this one:

No cars, no bad acting, no cheap filming techniques like fading out the colour. And it really hammers the point home.

I dunno..... this one packs a fair punch for me

That line "It's very ironic. Drink driving did this to me, and now I look drunk all the time" is haunting.

I've never played any of the Ratchet and Clank games - but I've always liked the ads.

The games were good too though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

The kola bear hijacking the cushelle toilet paper van . Best advert at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I know its ancient but I love the aldi barbecue advert. I love the way its played by the guy sitting in the smoke and the face of the guy who's being asked to move up. Its so Irish its true!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

The kola bear hijacking the cushelle toilet paper van . Best advert at present.

Yeah I love the split second he presses down the door lock! So well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

Always makes me smile

Brendan, stay exactly where you are, I'm fine here thank you.

:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There's an empty seat down the other end of the table though, that always annoys me.

There is a new one I think it's ikea. Where a grandad and grand daughter go nuts making up some food. Only to realise the lunch for her is in fridge all the time. That and cushelle koala bear thief are my current favourites.

Love the cushelle ad where the guys driving but then the koalas in the middle of the road so he gets out to help it, then the koala tricks him and drives away in his truck

Video

http://youtu.be/sdFrvDngEu8

She is so breathtakingly beautiful.

Brilliant ad. That s first time I seen it.

• Advertisement

Brilliant ad. That s first time I seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

The cancer research ad, long version.

This one makes me laugh every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

• Advertisement
Advertisement