Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you spend on phone credit per month?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Never heard of them before. Just looked them up and it says the network for 18-22 year olds (hence the 48 months). What's the point in that? Do they limit themselves to college age students only?

Would you get done for breach of contract if you're in your 30s or 40s?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

Got the tesco mobile triple credit offer. Top up by €10 and get €20 bonus credit that expires in 30 days. Keeps me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭remsburgsgirl

48 gives you unlimited texts, 1GB data, 300 mobiles minutes and 60 landline minutes for €10 a month.

This 48 you speak of, I have just checked out their website...do you top up online every month using a card or something?

You have to use your old number with them?

Also does it matter if you are beyond the age limit?

This seems like such a good deal, had never heard of it before...I can't afford to keep topping up with Vodafone, and their signal is useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

This 48 you speak of, I have just checked out their website...do you top up online every month using a card or something?

You have to use your old number with them?

Also does it matter if you are beyond the age limit?

This seems like such a good deal, had never heard of it before...I can't afford to keep topping up with Vodafone, and their signal is useless.

Order a sim online, you can top up at any payzone outlet, which most corner shops have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭remsburgsgirl

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Order a sim online, you can top up at any payzone outlet, which most corner shops have now.

Thanks, I think I will, I can't see how the age limit thing would apply? Also if you don't top up every month is the sim card still valid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭- bo -

€0 on a staff plan for unlimited calls/texts and 7.5GB data. Just pay my €9 phone insurance and €10 for my old student broadband..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Never heard of them before. Just looked them up and it says the network for 18-22 year olds (hence the 48 months). What's the point in that? Do they limit themselves to college age students only?

you just put your age in as 18 when you sign up, they don't really care know people in their 40's on them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

krudler wrote: »
    you just put your age in as 18 when you sign up, they don't really care know people in their 40's on them.

What's the business plan in limiting their market? Do they kick you out after 4 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I work in the mobile industry and it staggers me how people think bills of two hundred quid a month and up is normal, all the networks do unlimited plans now, and between things like addons, skype, texting apps and the like it's ludicrous money to spend on a mobile phone a month. I had a guy once spending a grand a month texting and calling his missus who moved to the states, it would have actually been cheaper for him to buy them both an iphone and use facetime and imessage instead, people just dont look into this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Duiske wrote: »
    €10 with 48. Texts and 300 mins any network. 60 mins landlines and 1GB internet. Tis great being a young fella. :D

what happens when you're over 22? Cut off? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

Nobody love's me enough to Text or ring i have one number in my contacts and thats meteor customer care and they won't even answer my calls 8(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

OldNotWIse wrote: »

If they actually do that, I'll just register again for a new sim with a new DOB. I won't find out for another 4 years any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Mrmoe wrote: »
    €20 a month. This gets me unlimited calls to any network or landline for €10 with O2 Freedom, €5 text bundle and €5 internet add on. This suits me well as I use wifi a lot so don't need a much bigger internet limit.

Good thinking.......!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

€60 ish..... Broadband and phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Signed up when I was 22, 24 now and I'm still kicking.

Advertisement