Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you spend on phone credit per month?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Not being a student or drug dealer, I have a bill pay phone instead of credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

beauf wrote: »
    Why would you do that?

Because I have no choice?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

anncoates wrote: »
    Not being a student or drug dealer, I have a bill pay phone instead of credit.

Enjoy being ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Twee fiddy a day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Three 20 euro PAYG have the best data allocation of any network/package that I saw, bill or pay. Unlimited data (in reality its a 15 gb limit), free texts to any number, free calls to three, free weekend calls to any number for 20 euro a month and you still have your 20 euro to use on whatever. Only issue with it is when the 30 days ends you burn right though any unused credit in data charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

20 euro a month with o2, (10 for all calls to Irish Mobiles and landlines, 5 euro for 100 texts, 5 for 200mb data).

Use wifi at work and home (am not allowed to go out!!), so data is not an issue! Have no friends to text so 100 is plenty!!

Actually could probably do without the phone!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Was paying 35 per month to Vodafone on a rolling contract. Switched to three about 4 months ago and am now paying less and getting more data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Cale

Not being a student or drug dealer,making my own mind up, but instead adhering to what I think others think I should have because I'm a certain age I have a bill pay phone instead of credit.

That's just sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

While my girlfriend was out of the country, I was spending 20-30 a month. Now she's back, I have free calls and texts to o2 without having to top up. Probably won't buy credit for a few months.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

On bill pay, paying €25 a month, though it goes up to €30 for the last 6 months of my contract. Get free texts and calls, 1 gb data and my phone nice and cheap.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sim only bill pay with 3 UK - £13/month for 200 minutes, 5000 texts, unlimited data. Still have a Meteor sim card for when I'm back home too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Because I have no choice?

Be aware that you're paying more than that before tax to pay pay for your work phone calls. Unless of course your a contractor or similar and can claim it back as expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

beauf wrote: »
    Be aware that you're paying more than that before tax to pay pay for your work phone calls. Unless of course your a contractor or similar and can claim it back as expenses.

Nope, not a contractor. I just have to pay for it out of my own wages, I don't have a choice because I have to call the bosses on a daily basis. The joys of sales!

I've free calls and txts to my most used network, O2, so I only use about €5 or less a month on call outside of that. Usually I have wifi so don't use data, but that adds a €10 a month when I add it. If I was to use data more I'd have to switch to a different network.

Cale wrote: »
    That's just sad.
    Enjoy being ripped off

Must actually do the sums but I doubt there would have been much in the difference in cost at the time?

I think I paid about 180 or 200 quid at the time for the phone plus 40 quid a month (includes unlimited data and enough minutes and text for my needs) for 18 months. Would paying 500+ plus for a PAYG and then, say, 20 quid a month credit have represented much of a saving?

Fair enough if you're one of these people that won't make calls (or have all your friends on the same network) and get by on 5 quid credit a month but I wouldn't want to do that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Must actually do the sums but would there have actually much in the difference in cost at the time?

I think I paid under 200 quid at the time for the phone plus 40 quid a month (includes unlimited data) for 18 months. Would paying 500+ plus for a PAYG and then, say, 20 quid a month credit represented much of a saving?

I can get a Nexus 4 for £240 and pay £10/month for unlimited internet, unlimited texts and still have the tenner for calls

I can get a Nexus 4 for £240 and pay £10/month for unlimited internet, unlimited texts and still have the tenner for calls

Are calls included in the bundle? Tenner wouldn't do me for a month of calls unfortunately.

Are calls included in the bundle? Tenner wouldn't do me for a month of calls unfortunately.

how many minutes? The UK gets much better mobile deals than Ireland at the moment. I remember about 10 years ago it used to be the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Roughly €5 a month. I'm such a loner... :pac:

how many minutes? The UK gets much better mobile deals than Ireland at the moment. I remember about 10 years ago it used to be the other way around.

Just spotted your location! I would have assumed the UK is a lot cheaper for mobile contracts.

I get unlimited data, 350 units (which can be 350 minutes of calls or 700 texts). Add 300+ Cabbage texts to that and it's usually enough.

Like I said, I don't want it overly big contract but I also don't want to avoiding calling people or having Viber or Skype calls drop on me just to save a few quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

€20 a month. This gets me unlimited calls to any network or landline for €10 with O2 Freedom, €5 text bundle and €5 internet add on. This suits me well as I use wifi a lot so don't need a much bigger internet limit.

Just spotted your location! I would have assumed the UK is a lot cheaper for mobile contracts.

I get unlimited data, 350 units (which can be 350 minutes of calls or 700 texts). Add 300+ Cabbage texts to that and it's usually enough.

Like I said, I don't want it overly big contract but I also don't want to avoiding calling people or having Viber or Skype calls drop on me just to save a few quid.

THe PAYG deals are much better value if you don't want a new phone, and even if you do the Nexus 4 is the bargain of the decade.

Another £10/month deal here is 500mins, unlimited texts, 1GB data. The same deal on contract is £12.50 with a crap to mid range phone.

Another £10/month deal here is 500mins, unlimited texts, 1GB data. .

If somebody could show me an equivalent PAYG deal here, I'd bite their hand off.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I am from Ireland and have an Irish Phone number. My bill is $152 a month. It's a corporate phone and I get infinite phone calls to anywhere from anywhere, infinite roaming and non roaming data and infinite texts.

If somebody could show me an equivalent PAYG deal here, I'd bite their hand off.......

is that not similar to 48 less minutes with 48 though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

48 gives you unlimited texts, 1GB data, 300 mobiles minutes and 60 landline minutes for €10 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

20 euro to get free texts to every network,then just use up the 20euro credit when the month is over which could last another 2/3weeks,top up by the 20 again and the cycle starts all over

48 gives you unlimited texts, 1GB data, 300 mobiles minutes and 60 landline minutes for €10 a month.

Never heard of them before. Just looked them up and it says the network for 18-22 year olds (hence the 48 months). What's the point in that? Do they limit themselves to college age students only?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Bill is normally between 70 and 80 a month!

Biggest bill this year was around 250 :(

• Advertisement

landline

I remember those. :pac:

Advertisement