Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

The inactives are understandable if they are doubtful or game time decisions but not the byes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I dunno, some of my players last week might as well have been on a sodding bye...

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I'll be taking a look at this alright although having enough fun managing my own team without taking over 3-4 other teams as well.
    On a side note, finally got that elusive W to move up to the dizzying heights of 10th place.... And another close game ahead this week against the Tomlinsons.

Anyway, if teams are looking like they're careening towards an iceberg (metaphorically of course) send on details and i'll look to contact.

I'm in freefall and riddled with byes next week Paulo so you are the favourite. Wilfork and me are top of the pts against list so we seem to attract the high scoring teams so the odds are in your favour.

Plenty of FA out there for us all to improve our teams with but yeah, starting to get mixed up a bit now. The last of the perfect records are gone and its all to play for again.
    But looking at your team, if its based on projections (which count for snot these days) reckon it'll be to the wire. Its not like i got 4 adrian petersons yet alone 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Wow, lot of waiver activity overnight.

Raphael, nice work getting Gonzalez back. With Jones out he should get more targets.

I've been sweating bullets over that for the last week, really regretted dropping him. Dunno what I was thinking.

Your lucky you put him first in your waiver order, i was behind you waiting to grab him.

Which is precisely WHY I put him first in my waiver order =D

To stop wasting everybody's time The Peeping Tomlinsons are open for trades especially at WR. There is only so many rejections a guy can take.

Will consider offers for McFadden and Bell.

• Advertisement

Good result for the Bears last night and looks like Toonraider made good use of them with Marshall putting up a very respectible 20.7 points in the week.....

I played the wrong Giants player last night. 7 points from Hakeem Nicks on the field, 23.4 from Brandon Jacobs on my bench. ****. I think that's gonna bite me in the ass.

I know what you mean Raphael, i didn't have anyone playing last night but i've been caught out from the thursday night games..... can be a right head job

Can't believe i lost that one! With Manning, J. Thomas and Decker against the Jags I thought i would be home and hosed!

Also lost Cobb to a serious looking injury.

Bad week :(

Back to back W's for a change.... but hard fought battle against setanta. Had an additional 20 points on the bench from the bears game but all worked out. Few big results as well from the division; GK and the Mongols looking good for 5-1 after an absolute battle with the Wet Bandits. Fingail Hail Mary's up there too at 5-1 with Tallaght Band looking good for it too and Super Donnellys still in a war against the k-dart crushers but looking likely to progress.
    Full updates to follow after the Monday night game

Yeah good win for you as expected. I didnt expect my guys to do anything this week. Losing Julio Jones is a disaster. Theres just nothing left out there after 6 weeks. All the sleepers have been picked up by now. We are in a slump now. Hard to see where a win will come from.

Its all about bye weeks now and with some injuries coming surely squads will be digging deep.... its still all to play for. A glut of teams on 3-3 and even 4 on 5-1 but loads of little wins to be had

So Fingal Hail Mary's are sittin pretty atop the Division 8 league but with 3 other teams with them at 5-1 as well. Kerry Kings sitting just behind the lead pack with 4-2 and then 6 other teams at par of 3-3.
    Big congrats to Conso Bruisers who picked up their first win with just the wet bandits now looking for a first W....
    Week 7 has some interesting matchups with your very own GM taking on the high flying Fingal Hail Mary's.... LIVE on PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

PauloConn wrote: »
    the wet bandits now looking for a first W....

uggh....I predict a de-flowering. Bye Weeks are a bitch

Another interesting week in Division 8 and still the Vikings and the Giants to scrap it out tonight.
    Kap looks to have found his stride again, Luck battled Manning in a tight game and the Bears got scalped by the Redskins.....
    I'll give a brief update tomorrow when the scores are in

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in picking up a Tight End? Can't play two of them, so one of Jordan Reed or Tony Gonzalez is stuck on my bench.

All trade offers considered.

Lost 4 in a row ...aaaaarrrggghhh. The Tomlinsons are gonna unleash hell on some poor soul soon.

Hope Gonzalez helps turn the tide for you. Unless you're against me, naturally.

Also, is the a reward for most points on bench, bceause if there is, I think I'm winning. 67 points so far - I made poor choices =(

It is a pity you can't use a TE in the Flex position.

Can I get a trade vetoed please? I did offer Vick for Cutler three weeks ago (while Vick was still healthy) and forgot all about it. Cheeky fecker just accepted it now that Cutler is out for 4 weeks!

Commish, you're up! Happy to put it to a vote.

Hi Greebow, I understand your frustration but it is your team to manage. If you put the offer out there and don't retract it then it should stand.
    I could have every contract lawyer in the country coming down on my like a ton of bricks if i get involved but i would ask that managers act in good faith. You should put it back to the other manager and if we can't get a resolution then we may put it to a vote.....

And it's official..... everyone now has a W! Good work to the Wet Bandits who have shot off the bottom of the table.
    And now 2 teams stand alone at the top of the table at 6-1; GK and the Mongols and the Tallaght Bandits. Just behind them on 5-2 are the Fingal Hail Mary's and the Super Donnelly's with 5 teams nestled behind them on 4-3.
    It's still all to play for with some big games this week and a top of the table clash which will see 1 team go top of the mountain on their own.
    Exciting times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

PauloConn wrote: »
    Hi Greebow, I understand your frustration but it is your team to manage. If you put the offer out there and don't retract it then it should stand.
    I could have every contract lawyer in the country coming down on my like a ton of bricks if i get involved but i would ask that managers act in good faith. You should put it back to the other manager and if we can't get a resolution then we may put it to a vote.....

I'd normally agree with you but the standard boards settings is a 2 day window before it's auto retracted.

Good man Paulo...Bring down the hammer ;-)

• Advertisement

Tough but fair. I'm in the market for a QB if anyone is interested!

Advertisement