Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Never lose hope Raphael......

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

PauloConn wrote: »
    Well, we have some crunch time games this week with GK and the Mongols (8-3) travelling to Fingal Hail Mary's (9-2) which should guarantee the winner a place in the playoffs.
    Super Donnelly's (8-3) are taking on Roebuck Racial Epithets (5-6) who are still in the hunt for a spot in the post season.
    Peeping Tomlinsons (7-4) will be hosting another ployoff contender in the 6&5 Kerry Kings and other 7-4 contenders Tallaght Band and ToonRaiders taking on 4-7 outsiders the Wet Bandits and RozG3 respectively.
    Another epic weekend of football ahead.....

I think the Tomlinsons are going down. Lost some good players on the bye so that should keep it interesting for the last few playoff spots.

As an aside I think I just have one player in my lineup now from my original draft (which was auto because of the technical hitch) at the start of the year.

Have been scrambling all season on the wire and trades to get into the shakeup. Im tired man!!!!

I know setanta, its been a grueling campaign, especially when playing against a full panel, its really down to the 3rd and 4th string and hoping they get a good run. But it has been fun

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

Anyone notice anything weird adding players this morning? Trying to do some tinkering, but all of the adds are coming up as waivers for next Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Right so, I need the 9ers to concede a load of points with no sacks or turnovers. That could happen right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I need 3 Td's from Vernon Davis to keep my very slim playoff hopes alive after a terrible showing from my WR corps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

jonnybadd wrote: »
    Right so, I need the 9ers to concede a load of points with no sacks or turnovers. That could happen right?

So long as those points all get run in by Alfred Morris, I can totally get behind this.

Raphael wrote: »
    So long as those points all get run in by Alfred Morris, I can totally get behind this.

Well it looked good for about 10 seconds there, looking like a snoozefest

Well that's a relief, it is offically now mathematically impossible for the Roebuck Racial Epithets to make the playoffs. Here's who still has a chance:

Fingal Hail Marys, Super Donnellys, GK and The Mongols & Peeping Tomlinsons are all guaranteed a playoff spot now. Congrats guys.

If Tallaght Band & Toonraiders can win their respective matches this week, they'll take the remaining two spots, but if either of them lose then things get a little more interesting...

If one of them lose, then any of Kerry Kings, East Kimmage Steelers & K-dary Crushers who can win their game will be able to duke it out with them for their spot.

So for anyone ranked above 9, your season's not over yet! And for anyone ranked under, please make sure to put the best team you can out this weekend - given that we may have a 5 way brawl over 2 spots coming, it's very important that everyone put up the best fight they can to keep things fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

K-Dart Crushers and Portlaoise Patriots look like they had a cracking match, only 0.04 between them. That is as about as close as you can get. Add to that the fact that Crushers had 2 inactive players and Patriots had 4 inactive players and still won!

• Advertisement

Yikes, the Crushers must be kicking themselves after that one. They might well have cost themselves a spot in the playoffs from not waivering a defence or a kicker.

Its getting interesting alright although losing to the conso bruisers was a tough pill to swallow given that was the 2nd game he'd won this season. But couldn't have fielded a stronger team and has scuppered the playoff dream.....
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. enjoy the games tonight

We'll have the playoff timetable by this time tomorrow..... exciting times, if you've got a ticket to the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Sickened with myself with some of my selections.

Left the Miami D on the bench in favour of the better form Cardinals. Knew the Jets O is rubbish so strongly considered the change, but stayed loyal to the Cards. 12 extra points thrown away.

Had Ted Ginn on the bench as well, but I don't feel so bad, as I never considered Benching Crotchery or AJ Green for him.

Definitely wont make the playoffs now.

Yeah, know the feeling, i had a close one with Roz, only 2 points in it and most i could have taken in from the bench was 5 but wasn't to be.....
    mid table crash n burn

I dropped Decker for the first time this week but saw fit to leave Boykin on the team. Clever eh!

I know what you mean DB, there were a few exceptional players that ended up on the benches this week, but those are the breaks.

I just noticed there is a Consolation Playoff, sweet. I thought my season ended this last weekend!
    I have a bye which means no game this weekend but there is still something to play for.

And so the regular season ends..... some hearts have been broken over the last 13, its been a long road but big congrats to The Fingal Hail Mary's on securing top spot in the division with 11-2.
    The Mongols will take on the Tallaght Band in the first championship bracket and The Tomlinsons will take on K-Dart.
    The consolation bracket will see The Kerry Kings take on Roz and Roebuck will play off against the wet bandits.
    Good luck to all and thanks to everyone else who didn't quiet make it

Great season all round. Most of the 16 teams kept competitive. Really enjoyed it. Might see most of us in Division 7 next year anyway with dropouts above us. Anyway roll on the playoffs. What a scrap to get there. Brilliant.

• Advertisement

A consolation playoff? Guess I'm not done after all...

Thanks to everyone, I really enjoyed my first season of Fantasy, and while I didn't make the cut, it was still good craic. Roll on the postseason

Yeah, it has been a good season, plenty to keep it interesting and most teams were staying active. Hope we do get a few bumps up to div 7, while not on merit, i won't say no to it

Good fun so far folks. Looking forward to the playoffs!

So, with only the Cowboys @ Bears game left in the week, it looks like the Tomlinsons will be going into the final after taking a commanding 132.56 v 66.06 against k-dart. The Tallaght Band are also up 91.1 v 66.76 against GK but with Jeffrey still to play for GK (and after his 36 point game last week) this is far from over....
    And on the other side of the bracket, the kerry kings won by 109 v 66 against RozG3 and are into the final from their draw. They will play Roebuck after their 104 v 82 against The Wet Bandits.
    And best of luck to all the teams who go through to the next round....

PauloConn wrote: »
    So, with only the Cowboys @ Bears game left in the week, it looks like the Tomlinsons will be going into the final after taking a commanding 132.56 v 66.06 against k-dart. The Tallaght Band are also up 91.1 v 66.76 against GK but with Jeffrey still to play for GK (and after his 36 point game last week) this is far from over....
    And on the other side of the bracket, the kerry kings won by 109 v 66 against RozG3 and are into the final from their draw. They will play Roebuck after their 104 v 82 against The Wet Bandits.
    And best of luck to all the teams who go through to the next round....

Next week is the Semi-Finals not finals right?

I think the Kerry Kings will play ToonRaiders and Roebuck will play Wilfork in the consolation playoffs.

In the main Playoffs i think it will be HailMarys v TallaghtBand and Super Donnellys v Peeping Tomlinsons (Assuming games finish as they stand now).

Probably right there DB, got ahead of myself..... so excited taking up my position in the broadcast centre and not on the sidelines.

And so we're down to the 2 finals.....

Thank god for Nick Foles!

What a scramble it has been to make it to the final. I want to thank Toonraiders for the trade where I got Rivers and Marshall and to whoever decided to drop the Chiefs onto waivers a few weeks ago. What a pickup!! I only have 2 players from my original draft in my final squad. Roll on Sunday and all the best to Super Donnellys. May the best team win!

• Advertisement

You're more than welcome, I don't know what I was thinking. I completely mixed up Marshall with another player I wanted to drop and by the time I had accepted and realised it was too late.

Advertisement