Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA money grabbing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

€70 for premiership ticket. to watch West Brom.

I don't see the issue with tickets behind the goals. they are discounted tickets to encourage clubs to attend with underage players.
    we're bringing up over 50 kids from our club in the midlands, for the day out. we go every year.
    if you were a real Clare or Limerick supporter you would pay any money to get a good ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

so not only does this poster want the best seat in the house, but cheaper than anybody else, they also want 14 in a row for an all ireland semi final?! good grief....

Kids tickets are available for €5 online in upper cusack, 3rd row. 14 tickets can be bought in a group of 8 maximum.

I just always find that my club or any club that I know of give a maximum of 2 tickets to people- 14 to one person would be crazy!

Surely some others in the club will want tickets- also clubs get a very limited amount of juvenile tickets and if they get a whole pile more than 7 then I will be surprised.
    So maybe they were not in a position to give them all to one person.

I just find the sense of entitlement hilarious!
    Its so important a game that the guy's brother is flying home from Eastern Europe for it yet he is looking for tickets less than a week before it?

Tickets have been on sale for ages and if it is that important to the guy's brother than maybe it is equally as important to better organised people who will thus have sorted out tickets when they first went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Would a club ever have been in a position to give 14 tickets to a single person? I doubt it
    What kind of allocation do clubs get?

A lot are kept for general sale also

The o.p. would probably be better off ringing the co board to see if they can arrange a group rate, they'd probably do it for that many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

antoobrien wrote: »
    The o.p. would probably be better off ringing the co board to see if they can arrange a group rate, they'd probably do it for that many people.
    The only tickets that were being given to clubs for games up to now at a discounted rate were behind the goals, i.e. not centre line hogan (preferably premium level, if not a box, if not with in seat hostess service, and for no more than a fiver a head) that the OP wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

+1

WHAT is this thread about?
    Theres upper Cusack €5 juevenile seats available online now, decent views guaranteed, with ZERO booking fee

If thats grab all/ rip off then the OP should go feed the ducks on the liffey or something which is about all you'll get cheaper than getting a kid into an all ireland semi final for a fiver.

Have you seen the price of bread in Superquin :confused: disgraceful, what is the OP supposed to do, buy a loaf a bread a few days in advance of feeding the ducks and leaving it go stale then throwing it away on some overfed greedy ducks, plus what do the adults do while this is all going on, surely Dublin Corpo should be putting on some free entertainment while the kids are feeding the ducks, what about seating, all the park benches are all taken up, feeding ducks is a rip off in Dublin, I blame the GAA. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

there is no need for anything, country or club or even posting on here about it.

just go online and buy the 7 tickets for €5 each and be done with it.

The only tickets that were being given to clubs for games up to now at a discounted rate were behind the goals, i.e. not centre line hogan (preferably premium level, if not a box, if not with in seat hostess service, and for no more than a fiver a head) that the OP wants.

I'm aware of that, they might get a better deal as a package tho.

I'm aware of that, they might get a better deal as a package tho.

considering all kids tickets are already €5, how can it get better? online your are allowed to buy up to 2 adults and 6 kids for €110, how can you get better than that?

considering all kids tickets are already €5, how can it get better? online your are allowed to buy up to 2 adults and 6 kids for €110, how can you get better than that?

Larger groups can get bigger discounts, worth a phonecall at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

angelfire9 wrote: »
    So, the theory is ill either pay €40 quid a head for 14 people if I want decent tickets or take the crap ones just for the atmosphere?
    People like you don't deserve a good ticket. You seem to think you're entitled to the best tickets despite it being clearly your first game all year as you'd actually be aware of the special offers the GAA have been offering. Why should the GAA provide the best tickets to people like you?? I'd stick you down the front row of the Davin if I was in charge of your tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

If you think the tickets are overpriced, don't buy them. Nobody is forced to buy overpriced tickets and if enough people refuse to pay, sense will prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

I just always find that my club or any club that I know of give a maximum of 2 tickets to people- 14 to one person would be crazy!

Surely some others in the club will want tickets- also clubs get a very limited amount of juvenile tickets and if they get a whole pile more than 7 then I will be surprised.
    So maybe they were not in a position to give them all to one person.

I just find the sense of entitlement hilarious!
    Its so important a game that the guy's brother is flying home from Eastern Europe for it yet he is looking for tickets less than a week before it?

Tickets have been on sale for ages and if it is that important to the guy's brother than maybe it is equally as important to better organised people who will thus have sorted out tickets when they first went on sale.

Not sure about the Clare game , but Juvenile tickets were available for Lr Cusack @ €5 only last week for the Dublin Game . I think maybe OP has left it too late and wants to use the GAA an an excuse for the "Bad" tickets. I saw Hurling Final 2012 from Upr Davin and had no issues . Only tickets I might avoid would be Lr Davin first few rows , or the last few rows of the upr levels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

No word back from the OP? Looks like they've done a runner like Seannie J.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Well this thread had me go and book tickets
    Got 1 adult and 1 kids upper Davin €45
    have to say I was pleasntly pleased to get tickets so easily too
    Am a happy bunny.

chef wrote: »
    Well this thread had me go and book tickets
    Got 1 adult and 1 kids upper Davin €45
    have to say I was pleasntly pleased to get tickets so easily too
    Am a happy bunny.

well done, enjoy the game. hopefully you and your kid have a great time and its not spoilt by a bunch of whingers who cant eat their prawn sandwiches in the manner in which they want ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 man3003

Its that time of year when a certain type of supporter to come out of the woodwork.

OP ring the county board and ask them to move the substitutes up stairs, they get great seats and dont pay a penny for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

What annoys me about this is the OP keeps saying 'crap seats' etc when I'd imagine she's never even been in the Davin. Granted the very low rows of the lower Davin probably aren't great for hurling, but the Upper Davin is amazing. I was there for one of the All Irelands last year (over the scoreboard) and I'd honestly say its the second best place ive been behind the premium section, and I've been everywhere. Id honestly put it ahead of Ard Comhairle (lower Hogan half way line, where the president sits), and that's not exaggerating

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The Upper Davin seats have a cracking view!

+1

I've always said the Davin is the best place in the ground to watch a game unfold in front of you.

Was in 307 on Sunday (between halfway & Canal '45) and hated it.

Halfway line seats are loloverrated. Behind the end line is the place to be if you want to see what's really going on all over the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

The great Father Tommy Maher liked watching from the front row of the upper cusack. He reckoned it gave him the best overall view of the game.

I've been in every part of the ground in both the old and new bar Hill 16 oddly - been in teh canal end when it was a terrace and the Nally. Davin lower behind the goal isn't great but there isn't really a bad seat in the house. For £5 for kids as well.They'll be more interested in waving their flags for much of the match rather than actually watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I learned in at League Final earlier in the year that, as DoctaDee said, there are actually bad seats. The restricted view seats at the back of the Lower Cusack and Hogan are terrible seats, it feels like you're inside. Apart from those I agree, even the widely regarded 'poor' seats have their advantage.

My favourite seats are the lower Cusack and Hogan, best mix of atmosphere and view. Upper Davin are excellent for actually watching a game, but I felt quite detached from the atmosphere. Hill and Nally have the best atmosphere, but they have their obvious disadvantages. Only seats I haven't been in is corporate and Ard-Comhairle, but how does one even get ard-comhairle seats??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I think they should move Croke Park to Clare, and have it there for free for the OP.

FFS, I don't want to sound like a dick but typical this time of the year that the fair weathers make an appearance and have to beeutch and moan about the ticket prices for one of the best stadiums in Europe and one of the best events.
    160 quid for entertainment like that, probably 2 matches.
    As mentioned, concert tickets are probably 60+ euro per concert IN CROKER PARK, so what why now complain about GAA tickets.

OP seems to have disappeared, probably on "Moan to Joe" on LiveLine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Stoner wrote: »
    Or Pay €90 for One Direction Tickets.

My season ticket cost me €80 I got to see 9 League game, the club final, Ulster V Len and the first championship game for it, that's 12 games (excluding possibly 4 or 5 double headers) I had great seats for them all, but now at the business end I pay up for the rest of the tickets and I see nothing wrong with that.

The GAA need to make money and they have plenty of offers on during the year, but they are not going to turn away from revenue for their best seats, I see nothing wrong with it they still have offers for kids.

I was in section 705 for the Cork Dublin game on Saturday, there was some sort of a barney between some tyrone and Dublin supporters behind us during the dublin game, it really was not suitable for kids a good few had to be brought home.

A very good point and you will get your kids a juvenile ticket with it. The only shame is it is tied to the senior team while Kilkenny are in the minor on Sunday they will not let me buy our tickets on the season ticket I have had to buy them through the club but they are selling juvenile tickets in the corner of the Cusack Sstand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I've been pretty much situated in 305/306 for the last few years now. I think as others have said, from a hurling perspective the higher up the better as the ball travels that much higher. There's a good reason that the management team are situated on the sidelines as that's their best placement to view the overall game in the correct context - I don't really get the sitting in Davin tbh .. but that's a personal opinion

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Will somebody please think of the children!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Pudders wrote: »
    The great Father Tommy Maher liked watching from the front row of the upper cusack. He reckoned it gave him the best overall view of the game.

I've been in every part of the ground in both the old and new bar Hill 16 oddly - been in teh canal end when it was a terrace and the Nally. Davin lower behind the goal isn't great but there isn't really a bad seat in the house. For £5 for kids as well.They'll be more interested in waving their flags for much of the match rather than actually watching it.

Aah I have always wanted to get a ticket on the front row of the upper. Havent gotten my hands on one yet, maybe this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We got an adult and under 15 for total €45 - Upper Cusack 706 midfield area

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

We got an adult and under 15 for total €45 - Upper Cusack 706 midfield area

Happy days
    Thats very good.

And should you want to see Dublin in Hurling and Football you can get a ticket for both games for 65 euro rather than 2x40 = 80euro bought separately.
    There was also similar deals on tickets for the quarters and the subsequent semi finals.

GAA ahould be renamed the Give Away Association for all these great deals on tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

If you are literally on one of the seats right beside the entrance to a section, you have the problem of people and stewards regularly blocking your view. Other than those, there are very few bad seats. Staring right across the centre of the field isn't always great. Play moves up and down the pitch, so the best place to be sitting moves as the ball does.

As to the OP complaining about the price of tickets, they are great value. €40 for what is effectively the second biggest game of the year. As has been pointed out, you'd pay more for a run of the mill league game in England, and only get one match. You'll have two on Sunday if you get in on time.

All these first timers complaining about prices. The rest of us have spent a fortune on going to matches all year while you were all sitting cosily at home not even watching or listening to your county playing, or even knowing that they were playing. I was at the two football quarter final days, and have already got my tickets for all of the Hurling and Football semi-finals, as I am sure others have. That's €205 for just those few weeks of games for me, having availed of the Dublin semi-finals deal. Then we have all the other expense associated with each match day on top of that. We are not complaining, because we are following our passion. Our passion is not something we do once a year.

The people that complain about prices are the ones that only do it once a year. For the rest of us €40 for a semi-final day is not a lot, it is just a fraction of following our passion. It is worth every cent. If you don't want to pay €40 for next Sunday, then go and do whatever it was you were doing on all of those other Sundays since the start of the year that your county was playing on. €40 for next Sunday? You obviously wouldn't know value if it bit you on your posterior.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

My son has attended 8 games with me this year. He got in free for 6 of them. I could have got him a €5 ticket for the Munster final and another €5 for the quarter final. I opted to bring him into another section of the terrace with me for the Munster final (€15) and he got into the lower Cusack for €20 last Sunday.

Money grabbers my ar$e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I take it back I take it all back
    Spoke to a lovely guy called Kevin in the Dorset street office and got tickets 4 adult 7 juvenile section 710 row x and got three adult tickets for the oldies in the lower Cusack via the club
    Happy happy happy

Fair play to the Kevin guy he was soooo helpful
    I'm delighted :D

Advertisement