Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

peterc1991 wrote: »
    I have got a letter saying that I am provisionally accepted and it wants me to give them a letter from the college stating that I am registered.

But my only problem is that I do not want to register if I cannot get BTEA so if I register and they tell me I cannot get it then I have to pay a fee and go to college yet I cant afford it as I will be taken off the dole.

So does provisonally accepted mean that I will get it once I show I am registered or can they not accept me and leave me hanging.

I basically am not going to college unless I get BTEA so I need assurance when registering that I will get BTEA.

By them saying I have been provionally accepted does this mean I should go ahead as I am eligible but just need prove or registration?(just incase I am not going to college).

Go for it! Provisional approval is as good as approved, I was in the same situation last year. They just need a letter from the college proving that you are registered and legitimately starting a course!

Don't worry if the college is slow getting the letter to you, apparently it's the same every year, we didn't get our registration letters until first day of class!

Best of luck and have fun at school :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bicky11

Thanks for the help SamAk

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

SamAK wrote: »
    Go for it! Provisional approval is as good as approved, I was in the same situation last year. They just need a letter from the college proving that you are registered and legitimately starting a course!

Don't worry if the college is slow getting the letter to you, apparently it's the same every year, we didn't get our registration letters until first day of class!

Best of luck and have fun at school :D

Thanks a million.

Was just worried but thanks for clearing it up. I have to wait another 2 weeks to register as I have to wait for registration form in the post because I am repeating So I wont be getting my money for a good while

Should I just keep going and collecting my social welfar untill I am told not to? Even though college is starting next week but I am not officialy registered for another 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Im going intio the second year of my course having got BTEA last year... This year will I get 188 as I am not a new applicant as such or will I be dropped to 160 per week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Im going intio the second year of my course having got BTEA last year... This year will I get 188 as I am not a new applicant as such or will I be dropped to 160 per week ?

You will get 188

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

The 160 max rate only affects new applicants. But they discontinued the 300 euro payment they used to give at the start of the year for books, materials etc, so you won't get that like last year.

peterc1991 wrote: »
    Should I just keep going and collecting my social welfar untill I am told not to? Even though college is starting next week but I am not officialy registered for another 2 weeks.

When I got the BTEA provisional approval letter , it stated that my Jobseekers payment would stop at the end of October, so I assume I have until then to get proof of registration from the college, so my payment can be switched to my bank account, without any delays or gaps in pay..

Did you give a college starting date on the BTEA application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bicky11

Hi it's me again. I need some more advice.. I'm getting job seekers benefit and I am starting college on Monday and I have applied for btea and have paid my college fees. Do I sign off my social welfare or keep collecting my jsb until I get a letter stating if I get approved for btea

Advertisement