Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Feeling lost is natural. If you go to your GP they will refer you to hospital of your choice. As for which one you could ask in the march thread there might be a few from the area in there. I'm from the midlands.

Congrats nice to have more join in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Anyone else got the extremely sensitive gums along with the maddening back cramps?

Still not sure of dates, doctor wants me to go for a scan to date it so potentially will know this Thursday. With early scans do you get a picture?

Yep the whole way through my gums were sensitive with my little guy. They bled a lot. As for cramps they came add went regularly too.

You will get a picture and you can always just say can I get one it's set up to print out so it's no trouble and they are usually nice bout it

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Regular posting anon for now... 5 weeks gone. Due 20th April :)

Number 4 for us!

Oh wow my hubby wants loads but there will be a couple of years between number 2 and 3 seen as there may just about be a year between my son and number 2.

What age groups have you? And congrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

Exhausted and sick, am I mad in thinking that if I was back at work it would be easier as I would be distracted....Wasn't going to go to the Dr until mid Sept as baby has vaccination due at that time but felling dizzy so might go before then. Is dizziness part of morning sickness, I was dizzy later in my last pregnancy due to low iron, its surely too early for low iron if I'm only 5-6 weeks

I get dizziness on and off too with slight mornin sickness this time and real bad ms last time. Think it is just part and parcel but later it prob will be irons fault again

Got a letter in the door saying I have a scan on 4th September, doctor was on about one last week or this week so I may call and check that she's okay with leaving it this long.

Not a well bunny at all tonight, paracetamol is doing feic all.

Thanks Synyster Shadow :)

The dizziness could be low blood sugar. Are you eating enough?

Told our closest family yesterday. They're all excited my sister is pregnant too at the moment. No morning sicknes... little tiredness... nothing major yet... waiting for it all to hit.

I eat a bit depends on the day in it. I do drink a lot of water though. It's prob from running round so much cleaning and lookin after baby. When he sleeps I do housework or eat

I'd say your doctor will be ok with that how many weeks are you then? I know the longer they hold out the better as you'll see more and get a nice picture too

Just got my scan date its the 26th of September I'll be 13 weeks then

• Advertisement

Hello ladies,

Am due 8th April on my second, absolutely thrilled with our surprise baby but have a supplemental exam to sit on Monday and am finding the emotional rollercoaster taking it's toll. I am literally scheduling study time, meal time and crying time. Anyone else finding the hormones difficult?

Had a tiny bit of blood when wiping last night. Cramping a bit... no blood since. Knicker watching is not a fun thing to do... Staying positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tanya76

Hi Girls, Does anybody have any experience with Rosse Court Clinic in Lucan (Domino scheme for Coombe)? Would you recommend it? I have to book my first appointment sometime soon and still not quite sure about the Domino scheme. Take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If you can take the Coombe Domino scheme go for it. I have to go consultant led because of a previous c section so will be attending the Coombe hospital itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Hi everyone,
    Im 25, 7weeks pregnant (first)and my Edd is 18th April 2014.
    Scan is scheduled for 10th October in the Rotunda.
    New to all this, so i haven't got a clue about whats normal and whats not.
    Cramps, sore breasts, awful constipation (sorry tmi!), dizziness. No morning sickness at all (yet!)

Was thinking of buying a pregnancy book. Any suggestions?

Congratulations first off. As for books I'm not too sure but if you have a smart phone the apps are great? Iv used them for my little fella and again this time I'm just gone over 8 weeks now. Most of what you have in symptoms are normal add to that back pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

Hi Everyone

Congratulations to everyone this this thread. I am pregnant with baby no 1. I am 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant - I am literally counting the days. My due date is 27th April, which seems like an eternity away.

My first scan is in Holles St on 23rd October which means I will be 14 weeks by then. Is it normal to wait that long before the first scan?

I'm feeling totally fine, but it probably a bit early for me to have morning sickness yet!

Congrats again!

Around week 5 on you may get the sickness I was 6 weeks first time and 8 weeks this time. As myself scan I'll be 13 weeks for my first same with my son. Sometimes it's as far as week 20 so 14 is normal

Congratulations and try enjoy not feeling sick :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Fourteen weeks seems to be an odd time for having the scan ... as far as I know, the general rule in Holles St is that you just get the one scan - the big anomaly scan, at twenty weeks - unless you need a dating scan, or have any other issues. And if it was a dating scan, I'd have thought they'd be bringing you in much sooner!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hi Everyone

Congratulations to everyone this this thread. I am pregnant with baby no 1. I am 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant - I am literally counting the days. My due date is 27th April, which seems like an eternity away.

My first scan is in Holles St on 23rd October which means I will be 14 weeks by then. Is it normal to wait that long before the first scan?

I'm feeling totally fine, but it probably a bit early for me to have morning sickness yet!

Congrats again!

Are you sure that is not your 1st appointment? that would be perfectly normal for Holles St.
    You ring fetal assessment for your scan and it is usually around 22-24 weeks.

• Advertisement

My first one is in CUMH, should be around 10 weeks if doctors predictions are right (but its a dating scan which she wanted to happen last week, so its likely extra).

Am feeling cranky today, had fight with oh last night about all of this, he's not adjusting so well.

In the Coombe you get a dating scan and an anomaly scan. Dating scan should happen between 10-12 weeks and anomaly between 18-22 weeks according to their website.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

In Holles St you may or may not get get a dating scan at your 1st appointment though most people do get them. it is very quick but last itme they did give me pictures:)

I do love seeing the pictures.. Does anyone want me to put up names and due dates on first post so we can see closer to the end who is due when and we can add what we have to the list when time comes? Up to ye just say so and I'll sort it

Think the "morning" sickness is starting... sitting here feeling like I'm going to vomit all over the place...

Yeah it hit me 4 days ago two weeks later than last time it's bloody awful when minding my little man

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Hi Ladies,

Congrats to you all. I'm almost 6wks and thought I'd share my story...

Found out at 41/2 weeks and although unexpected was a great surprise! Had mild cramps and slight nausea but nothing too hectic...until the 5 week mark...had severe cramps late one nite that lasted roughly 10 mins so went to GP next morning worried ( it's hard to know what to ignore and what not to with pregnancy) GP gave me a referral letter for the A&E and told me to go there if it happened again
    The following night it did happen again so I went to the A&E, they examined me and asked lots of questions, they were concerned it may be an ectopic pregnancy (baby growing outside the womb) so they kept me in overnight to do a scan the next morning.
    They did an internal scan the following morning and thankfully the sac was in the womb, however as I was only five weeks they couldn't see the baby or a heartbeat, they assured me this was to be expected as the baby was so tiny at only 5weeks, she did however warn me that the pains I was having wasn't good and that it could mean a miscarriage to come.
    She told me I need a scan in ten days to confirm the babies heartbeat.
    This was on Friday. Since then I have been bed ridden with a combination of cramps, heartburn and morning sickness, constipation and diarrhoea, I feel dizzy and just totally out of whack....but I have had a lot of time to think and I feel that the pain I experienced may have actually been a bad bout of ibs. I have suffered with it for years but as long as I keep my diet under control by avoiding the trigger foods then it's fine, but when I found out I was pregnant I instantly started eating LOTS of fruit and veg and red meat, completely forgetting that these are all my trigger foods!
    I now have changed back to my previous diet and the pain has certainly eased slightly. I am now very certain that my little baba is fine and it was infact my body that was not happy with the sudden change!
    I still feel awful with regards to indigestion, morning sickness, cramps and general rotten feeling, I am back to work on tues and am so worried that I just won't be up to it as at the mo I just feel like staying in bed all day!
    I am hoping this all ceases at the 12 week mark.
    I am going to the Coombes tomo to register and try get a scan sorted for a week from now to be sure that all is ok, but I feel very positive.
    I hope this helps some of you out there who may be adjusting to the effect of ibs in pregnancy, let me know if anyone has a similar problem or any advice
    Xxx

Hi Ladies,

Congrats to you all. I'm almost 6wks and thought I'd share my story...

Found out at 41/2 weeks and although unexpected was a great surprise! Had mild cramps and slight nausea but nothing too hectic...until the 5 week mark...had severe cramps late one nite that lasted roughly 10 mins so went to GP next morning worried ( it's hard to know what to ignore and what not to with pregnancy) GP gave me a referral letter for the A&E and told me to go there if it happened again
    The following night it did happen again so I went to the A&E, they examined me and asked lots of questions, they were concerned it may be an ectopic pregnancy (baby growing outside the womb) so they kept me in overnight to do a scan the next morning.
    They did an internal scan the following morning and thankfully the sac was in the womb, however as I was only five weeks they couldn't see the baby or a heartbeat, they assured me this was to be expected as the baby was so tiny at only 5weeks, she did however warn me that the pains I was having wasn't good and that it could mean a miscarriage to come.
    She told me I need a scan in ten days to confirm the babies heartbeat.
    This was on Friday. Since then I have been bed ridden with a combination of cramps, heartburn and morning sickness, constipation and diarrhoea, I feel dizzy and just totally out of whack....but I have had a lot of time to think and I feel that the pain I experienced may have actually been a bad bout of ibs. I have suffered with it for years but as long as I keep my diet under control by avoiding the trigger foods then it's fine, but when I found out I was pregnant I instantly started eating LOTS of fruit and veg and red meat, completely forgetting that these are all my trigger foods!
    I now have changed back to my previous diet and the pain has certainly eased slightly. I am now very certain that my little baba is fine and it was infact my body that was not happy with the sudden change!
    I still feel awful with regards to indigestion, morning sickness, cramps and general rotten feeling, I am back to work on tues and am so worried that I just won't be up to it as at the mo I just feel like staying in bed all day!
    I am hoping this all ceases at the 12 week mark.
    I am going to the Coombes tomo to register and try get a scan sorted for a week from now to be sure that all is ok, but I feel very positive.
    I hope this helps some of you out there who may be adjusting to the effect of ibs in pregnancy, let me know if anyone has a similar problem or any advice
    Xxx

You don't go to the Coombe to register, you download the registration form from the website, fill it in and send it back and they'll send you an appointment in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

January wrote: »
    You don't go to the Coombe to register, you download the registration form from the website, fill it in and send it back and they'll send you an appointment in the post.

Oh thanks a mil, had no idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

Moonbeam wrote: »
    In Holles St you may or may not get get a dating scan at your 1st appointment though most people do get them. it is very quick but last itme they did give me pictures:)

I am a Nordie, so I think up there you get three scans the first of which is at the 12 week mark, so I just assumed it was the same in Holles Street.

I am going public with the community mid-wife led scheme. Does any know how I would go about getting a scan done privately - is it expensive?

Thanks

Advertisement