Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever made a formal complaint?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

krudler wrote: »
    unfortunately we live in a society where the loudest gobsh1tes get what they want when they kick up a fuss like a 5 year old

Serial complainers/whingebags are pandered to FAR too much these days, I'm a big believer in self responsibility.

I agree with this completely and it irritates me. I see it every day too, where I work. The biggest moanbags get almost anything they want. Meanwhile, the nicest, quietest most pleasurable customers just pay for what they want, take what they've paid for and get on with their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Never to the government, but am involved in a formal complaint with a company. It started of as a small complaint and has now escalated because the person I complained to thought I 'didn't seem too annoyed' so decided to ignore my initial complaint. Git

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

whirlpool wrote: »
    I agree with this completely and it irritates me. I see it every day too, where I work. The biggest moanbags get almost anything they want. Meanwhile, the nicest, quietest most pleasurable customers just pay for what they want, take what they've paid for and get on with their lives.

Bingo, and they're the ones you actually want to help when stuff goes wrong. Nothing gets my back up more than people who just come on the phone and demand to speak to a manager over something completely trivial, a guy once wanted to lodge a formal complaint that he didn't like our hold music. And another that his address didn't have a fada in the right place, if that's the kind of thing that you'd take the time out of your day to whinge about you are a sad individual indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I complained to Bus Eireann once. 3 weeks in a row a scheduled bus didn't arrive. Got a letter back from them saying that they don't have enough buses to keep the current schedual and gave me a free ticket valid for one journey.
    Irish people will only complain to their family and friends. " was everything ok sir/madam ?"
    'that was lovely thanks' waiter disappears.... ' that was awful food.. i never.....'
    I'm normally guilty of that. Did complain a while ago about a steak that was a small step up from dog food, but didn't get a cent off the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Oh, I forgot one. I complained to Bus Eireann a few years ago .

I got the 30 from Cavan to Donegal and the bus driver hadn't a clue where he was going. We ended up in Clones (and anyone who gets the 30 knows that the route doesn't go next or near there) and at one point the driver stopped the bus in the middle of the road and said "Does anyone actually know where we are?"

We were so late that the connection in Ballyshannon to Bundoran was gone so we had to go in there too, and the connection from Donegal to Dungloe was gone as well and people had to wait for a special bus to come along.

All told it took about four hours, nearly double what it should have been.

The reply I got was that the driver was from another company covering the route and it wouldn't happen again and I was offered a free journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

the missus complained about a stay in a nice hotel. within two weeks they gifted us a free four night stay with breakfast..... sometimes they just want to change your opinion of them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I considered making a complaint to the garda ombudsman once but my solicitor said it would be a waste of time
    Maybe more to do with your scenario than a comment on the ombudsman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

I wrote a letter of complaint to Kleenex many years ago 'cause they had mansize tissues but no womensize. Signed YellowFeather, aged 8 and a half.

I remember they sent a lovely letter back and some free tissues or tissue vouchers or something. There's still no womensize though. I might write to them again - I haven't had tissues in ages. I wonder should I still put my age at the end of the letter..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Cienciano wrote: »
    I complained to Bus Eireann once. 3 weeks in a row a scheduled bus didn't arrive. Got a letter back from them saying that they don't have enough buses to keep the current schedual and gave me a free ticket valid for one journey.

I'm normally guilty of that. Did complain a while ago about a steak that was a small step up from dog food, but didn't get a cent off the bill.

Its funny really because if you do say politely the food was crap they don't do anything or are not told how to react. Its usually .. ok sorry about that.... would you like some dessert... ya right the dinner was crap and you want me to eat more crap from your kitchen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Made a complaint once about getting a kit-kat which didn't contain any wafer years ago. I remember I wrote something like 'I was most disappointed in the lack of wafer and had I wished to purchase a Yorkie Bar, I would most certianly have done so'.
    They sent me 8 kit-kats.
    I've had letters published in the IT and once had a letter read out on mailbox complaining about some ****e RTE comedy series.
    I've engaged in written disputes with insurance companies and I've written to my local TD's on a few occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Made a complaint once about getting a kit-kat which didn't contain any wafer years ago. I remember I wrote something like 'I was most disappointed in the lack of wafer and had I wished to purchase a Yorkie Bar, I would most certianly have done so'.
    They sent me 8 kit-kats.
    I've had letters published in the IT and once had a letter read out on mailbox complaining about some ****e RTE comedy series.
    I've engaged in written disputes with insurance companies and I've written to my local TD's on a few occasions.

and what do you do in your free time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Its funny really because if you do say politely the food was crap they don't do anything or are not told how to react. Its usually .. ok sorry about that.... would you like some dessert... ya right the dinner was crap and you want me to eat more crap from your kitchen

lol another of my mums complaints.... She and her friends ate a meal at a local pub and restaurant, about 12 in the party and the 5 who had one particular meal all got nasty food poisoning. Health inspectors were called in, place was so bad it was closed for six weeks and when it reopened they offered my mum and her friends a free meal...no thanks.

Advertisement