Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did any Irish beaches turn into nudists ones in the hot weather?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Leticia Medina

Social nudity is legal in Ireland since 2017.

It has to be proven people were intending to cause fear, distress, or alarm with the exposure of their genitals in order to be committing an offense.

I suppose the Gardaí might have their doubts if there are men on their own, but if it is a group of naked people swimming or sunbathing, the situation is altogether different, it obviously looks to the outsider like an event at the very least. Ireland is famous for charity events in the form of skinny dips. Ireland even holds the world Guinness record for the largest number of people nude swimming!!!

Anyway, we are working together with Garda to educate their members.

In case someone misunderstood, what is illegal in Ireland is sex in public (naked or not). So yes, if someone rings the police saying "I saw a naked man on the beach and he looked as if he was masturbating", they will probably want to investigate that.

In practice, bona fide naturists feel protected by joining our groups or going to those beaches that are very well-known for their naturism, like Donabate, White Rock, Hawk Cliff, Sallymount, Caliso Bay, Long Strand, Inch, Barna, Trawalua...

Hahaha, I understand where you are coming from, Loafing Oaf!

But you would be surprised to see how many people have "nude year resolutions".

Now it is the time when some introspective folks analyse their needs/longings/fears, etc, a time for bucket lists and also for sun holidays!!

I confess I haven't been sea swimming in Ireland since November, which is why I couldn't resist flying to Malta in December and it was fantastic!! https://irishnaturism.org/maltese-naturism/

And just so you know, in the association we hire swimming pools all year round. At the moment we have nude swim sessions in Ballinasloe, Wicklow and Monaghan Leisure Centres from the Coral Group.

I would love to add more venues, if anyone has any idea of a place that might be open to our business, please let me know!

Leticia Medina - Chairwoman

Irish Naturist Association

I'm afraid I don't get the joke.

I suppose some people find all this ridiculous and make fun of it, other people can't get past a sexualised image of genitals, but there is also a third way: Granting respect and self-respect to the human body no matter the appearance. It seems to me there is a huge positive impact on our mental health when we are able to accept our body the way it is, all parts included. I want to promote positive ageing and full body acceptance.

Advertisement