Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams repeats himself again. But

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

alastair wrote: »
    Again - you've failed to undermine any of the facts I've presented. Maybe you could entertain your obsession with 'links' to do so - if you can?
    I can't prove a negative. You're claiming a fact of which you are unable to reproduce any academic or political discussion or analysis.

It's like someone arguing that Liam Cosgrave or the British Army brought down Sunningdale. Certainly, they were at the forefront of the overall narrative, but they had no substantive responsibility for the undoing of Sunningdale.

They, like the republican movement, were in the area but you've failed to place them at the scene of the crime.

Why?

Because you're wrong. You don't understand the history of the era.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I can't prove a negative.

Keep with that mantra. I've already said that no-one's asking you to.

Cosgrave supported Sunningdale - the IRA opposed it. It's not that cryptic. Cosgrave didn't spend those days, and another 25 years murdering people in opposition to a power-sharing scenario, only to return to it in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Alastair.

Why do you think you are unable to reproduce here any historical account of, or any academic review relating to the IRA's role in disestablishing Sunningdale?

Simple question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭golfball37

alastair wrote: »
    Keep with that mantra. I've already said that no-one's asking you to.

Cosgrave supported Sunningdale - the IRA opposed it. It's not that cryptic. Cosgrave didn't spend those days, and another 25 years murdering people in opposition to a power-sharing scenario, only to return to it in the end.

Cosgrove got out after 33 murders in fairness to him.

Advertisement