Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do people remember pin numbers

Options
  • 31-07-2013 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

How do people remember their pin numbers and passwords?

I have a couple of passwords to various websites like email, facebook etc. I just type them all in and one of them works.

Its the pin number to your bank card which is the problem. I know you can change it but what 4 digits can you use thats easy to remember besides your birthday. I have mine written down in my wallet which is very risky if i ever lost it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I remember them with my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I usually use my brains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Weirdly, its the same as the first four numbers of my mobile number.

And also my boards password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I repeat them over and over in my head until I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I have a couple of passwords to various websites like email, facebook etc. I just type them all in and one of them works.

Its the pin number to your bank card which is the problem. I know you can change it but what 4 digits can you use thats easy to remember besides your birthday. I have mine written down in my wallet which is very risky if i ever lost it.

There is usually a white strip on the back of the card where you can write stuff. It is perfect for writing your PIN on, never have to worry about forgetting it. Much better than a piece of paper in your wallet, as you may lose that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

A fake telephone number in my wallet. Last few digits is the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I have it written in big black letters on my bank card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Store you pin as a contact in your phone, never in the wallet, Strange i've never had a problem with passwords or pins. Guess i'm lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You just have to threat it a a phone number and learn it off.
    You can also use a number such as the year of something that happened in your life that wouldn't be obvious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

I put my pin number on the back of my bank card and I have a sticker on the

back of my iPhone with my pin on it. it works for me :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is this a Troll Thread? if not, just change your pin to a 4 digit number you will remember....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Make a tune of it like in them adverts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

I'm surprised that this is even a problem tbh.

A four digit number should be easy to remember once you repeat it to yourself once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

Seriously, a 4 digit number!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I remember a lot of numbers. My ATM,my current mobile phone number,my previous mobile number, all of the house telephone numbers we had over the years(over 4+) different passwords for facebook,emails etc. :D

My PPS number various wifi passwords and not including others peoples numbers store in the oul noggin'! I'm pretty **** at maths though! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

2222 still remember my bike lock code from college

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It really isn't that difficult for normal people to remember 4 numbers. If you're bad at numbers, perhaps try memorising a pattern on the keypad (e.g. 2580 would be a straight line down the middle of the keypad).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You're never going to get me to divulge such secret information ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Hello, I'm based in Nigeria, we could use someone like you over here......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I know my debit card number from memory so I never need it with me when buying stuff online, eat that OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

My pin is made up of two years that a football team won a trophy. Genius.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Agricola wrote: »

19-- or 20--

Almost cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

This has to be a piss take.

How do people remember 4 numbers? Must have taken you ages to get the alphabet!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Agricola wrote: »

9212?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Same as the price of a cheese pizza and large soda at Panucci's Pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Ive had for same number for years, so i don't actually think of the number ,my fingers just hit the right numbers on the keys, but about a year ago i was ask "put in your pin "at shop ,for some reason i tryed to think of the number in my head, rather then do it automatically, could not remember the number for the life of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I remember my pin by a pattern on the keypad, not the actual numbers.

What pisses me off are the keypads which start from the bottom (789456123). They wreck my buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Store you pin as a contact in your phone, never in the wallet, Strange i've never had a problem with passwords or pins. Guess i'm lucky

How do you remember the pin for your phone tho? Store it as a contact on a second phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

GastroBoy wrote: »
    9212?

Nope. Go again :D

Advertisement