Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I loved season 1 and I loved episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us so I have complete faith in telltale to pull this off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Sand wrote: »
    But we did have an ending to that groups story in Season One - a fantastic ending. Why not close that chapter and open a new story?

The ending was fantastic - as a season ending teases us to come back next season. But as a story ending? We are left not knowing what happens to Clem, or Christa or Omid for that matter. If the story ended their then that would make it a bad story as it completely lacks closure for Clems character - we simply don't know how Lee's time with her actually ends up affecting her later in life (assuming she lasts that long). The point of Season 1 was not just Lee's story (we already knew from the start that he wasn't a bad guy, despite being arrested for murder, so there isn't really a huge redemption arc for us to witness), it was Clementine's story too.

Leaving out closure is poison to storytelling, not to mention a lazy and cowardly act from writers. It's actually pretty easy to write half of a good story (just look at JJ Abrahms career, clever set-ups with almost invariably unsatisfying endings), the challenge is to follow through to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Have people really been hurt so bad by bad story endings that they prefer no story endings at all? The story from the old season wasn't finished, I'm glad that they are actually going to continue it and hopefully give it a proper ending.
    The ending was fantastic - as a season ending teases us to come back next season. But as a story ending? We are left not knowing what happens to Clem, or Christa or Omid for that matter. If the story ended their then that would make it a bad story as it completely lacks closure for Clems character - we simply don't know how Lee's time with her actually ends up affecting her later in life (assuming she lasts that long). The point of Season 1 was not just Lee's story (we already knew from the start that he wasn't a bad guy, despite being arrested for murder, so there isn't really a huge redemption arc for us to witness), it was Clementine's story too.

Leaving out closure is poison to storytelling, not to mention a lazy and cowardly act from writers. It's actually pretty easy to write half of a good story (just look at JJ Abrahms career, clever set-ups with almost invariably unsatisfying endings), the challenge is to follow through to the end.

I disagree. You played as Lee. Lee's story (and the player's story) ended with him dying. I'm sure Lee wanted to go on and continue protect Clem but that was the harsh reality of the world, and that's exactly what this game did so well. It painted a very harsh reality. Lee didn't get closure and neither should we.

I'm not afraid of bad story endings, don't be ridiculous. If anything I think people feel like they need closure on everything too much. Leaving an ending up to interpretation can be more interesting imo. I did not think the ending for season one was a tease at all. I thought it was heart breaking that a little girl has to fend for herself with whatever we have taught her and we will never know if she will survive or not.

This argument is pointless. Clem is in the new game.

I was happy with how season one wrapped up, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Grimebox wrote: »
    This argument is pointless. Clem is in the new game.

I was happy with how season one wrapped up, that's all.

I agree, as would 90% of people I think.
    400 days was also very good (but brief) ...so I'm looking forward to both stories intertwining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I disagree. You played as Lee. Lee's story (and the player's story) ended with him dying. I'm sure Lee wanted to go on and continue protect Clem but that was the harsh reality of the world, and that's exactly what this game did so well. It painted a very harsh reality. Lee didn't get closure and neither should we.

I'm not afraid of bad story endings, don't be ridiculous. If anything I think people feel like they need closure on everything too much. Leaving an ending up to interpretation can be more interesting imo. I did not think the ending for season one was a tease at all. I thought it was heart breaking that a little girl has to fend for herself with whatever we have taught her and we will never know if she will survive or not.

Just because we played as Lee doesn't mean that his was the only story we are observing. Imagine if all the side characters stories ended like Clem's did in Season 1 - we just see them separated from everyone else and then left with no idea what happens to them. How is that satisfying in any way? What was the point of the story if we are not going to be told what happens to them? It is possible for ambiguity to be the point of the story, but I don't see how at all that would be the case here. Lee's death is not the point of Season 1, it serves no redemptive purpose for his character, it's how it effects Clem that makes it compelling.
    Would Kenny and his family's story really have been more heartbreaking if we only got the start but not the end? (i.e. we see Duck bitten, but they leave the game before he turns and we never get the choice to end him yourself or have Kenny do it, or we get to see how it effects Katjaa)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Telltale have said Season 2 should be out this month and Omid will be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Telltale have said Season 2 should be out this month and Omid will be returning.

Omid. Wow.

Of all the characters (bar the unkillable Clem) to survive the first game, we get Omid and Christa. Two characters we didn't get a massive amount of time with, and who weren't really that likeable/interesting. Hooray.

Anyways, sarcasm aside, I am looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Omid. Wow.

Of all the characters (bar the unkillable Clem) to survive the first game, we get Omid and Christa. Two characters we didn't get a massive amount of time with, and who weren't really that likeable/interesting. Hooray.

Anyways, sarcasm aside, I am looking forward to this.

They didnt die though in any storyline. The problem with choosing who to save is that neither can be carried to the next episode. I think this was one reason you might get more side characters reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

I hope that doesn't mean we have to deal with Christa's pregnancy.

• Advertisement

Id say something happens and you have to choose to save either christa or the baby and no matter what you choose, omid hates you forever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I also didn't really care about them, and they were the only people in the group who didn't really matter to me. I guess they'll be more fleshed out in the 2nd series...and then probably have less flesh by the end of it.

Looks like Steam outed the release date for Season 2 - Episode 1

17th December!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd love to get it when it came out, but the whole crap with The Wolf Among Us means I'll wait. Looks like a 3 month wait between episode 1 and 2 from that so. Really not worth paying release price for that

Looks like a trailer will be out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Love TWD....but the trailer was 'meh....average'

Didn't make me more excited for the game at all.
    Also, I would have liken to have seen more of the characters from the prequel in the trailer

Not only is Clementine still in it, she's the main character :(

I'll still be getting it of course

Not only is Clementine still in it, she's the main character :(

I'll still be getting it of course

I dunno, I'm guessing you'll have to play as multiple charactes...as although Clementines arc can carry the story....you won't be able to make the big 'decisions' etc that affect other characters ....which is what the first game was all about.
    She can't be a leader, she can't be a threat, you're not gonna be able to bash zombie heads in or lead missions etc....
    I think (HOPE) they jump through other characters....especially some of those from the prequel.

• Advertisement

I have faith in Telltale. They will make it work.

I.......am........ready

Season 2 Episode 1 is out this week!! As it is out on different platforms at different times, please PLEASE use spoiler tags when talking about Episode 1.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Season 2 Episode 1 is out this week!! As it is out on different platforms at different times, please PLEASE use spoiler tags when talking about Episode 1.

Can we have the title thread changed then to have [SPOILERS] added ?...just in case ?

So if I buy this on steam, I get all of Season 2 as its released? Not just the first episdoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

So if I buy this on steam, I get all of Season 2 as its released? Not just the first episdoe?

you get it all :) afaik.. i bloody hope so

Eh, just checked again, and that doesnt sound so likely at all..
    Pre-Purchase Now and get 10% off the Season Pass.

I thought the prepurchase included the full season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It should be the entire series.

I'm guessing the season pass will be for the '400 days' type expansion after the initial episodes.

you get it all :) afaik.. i bloody hope so

Eh, just checked again, and that doesnt sound so likely at all..

Everything seems to point towards this. It seems like every other company would milk each episode like a dlc. If they sold every episode for a tenner, people would certainly pay it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah it is lol - ffs nearly had a fit there :D

checked the TTG site and it's a bit less of a clusterfcuk to read
    By pre-ordering the season, you will save 10% on the normal season price

k, heart attack averted :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If i remember the wolf among us didn't include episode 1, I guess it was a case of try ep1 and if you like it get the pass, though doing that with a season 2 is odd as most people will not be new to the series at this point.

Advertisement