Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manning found guilty in 20 of 21 charges

Options
  • 30-07-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭

George Bush lied the US into war and got a second term.
    The person who told the truth has been found guilty and could face 130 odd years. Not guilty of aiding the enemy though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23506213
    Pte Manning, 25, has been found guilty of 20 charges in total, including theft and computer fraud.

He had acknowledged leaking the documents to anti-secrecy organisation Wikileaks but said he did so to spark a debate on US foreign policy.

He faces a maximum sentence up to 136 years. His sentencing hearing is set to begin on Wednesday.

In addition to multiple espionage counts, he was also found guilty of five theft charges, two computer fraud charges and multiple military infractions.

The soldiers involved in this murder no action taken.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

And they say you should never question authority?

What an idiotic place America has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Justice. He broke the law and now will face the consequences. He knew the risks of his actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

What an idiotic place America has become.

This isn't unique to the U.S

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Justice. He broke the law and now will face the consequences. He knew the risks of his actions.

I wish there was an unthank button right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

So did Rosa Parks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I hope to the good Lord that you are just trolling because it wouldnt be nice to think that there are people outside of Republican die-hard territory who see this as a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Do you always blindly accept every law? I'm not passing comment on this case, but from the way you say that it sounds like you think any law that has been passed should be followed without question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

To be fair he did break the law and all that stuff.

The government are hardly gonna give him a pat on the back and a high 5, they will probably just update their security and stuff so it will make I harder or this to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah.. because every single law in the history of man has been just and worthy of obligation.

You are right though.. he knowingly broke the law and will pay for it. Only fools would say that it's proper justice however.

• Advertisement

lkionm wrote: »
    To be fair he did break the law and all that stuff.

The government are hardly gonna give him a pat on the back and a high 5, they will probably just update their security and stuff so it will make I harder or this to happen

If only he was the government, he could set up his own rules, to do whatever he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

A lot of time ahead of him for a lot of embassy gossip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Obama should immediately pardon him. Although, being the massive disappointment that he is I just can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fibonaccii

It was going to happen, to be made an example of, dont think many us soldiers will be releasing anymore info

• Site Banned Posts: 52 ✭✭mikeoneill893

he's in the army

he can't can't just leak whatever the fubar he want's

thats the system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

What law did he break? The uniform code of military justice compels a soldier to expose criminality, war crimes and malfeasance as does the Nuremberg charter and the Geneva protocols which the us constitution states are the supreme law of the land. You can bury your head anywhere you want because you wouldn't ever have the balls to stand alone one principle and face death for your bravery. Manning is a man of galactic courage and integrity. You on the contrary aren't fit to shine his shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

he's in the army

thats the system

Thank god he is not as forward thinking as you then:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Manning exposed war crimes and gets jail.

Obama and Bush commit war crimes and human rights abuses and walk free.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

karma_ wrote: »
    Obama should immediately pardon him. Although, being the massive disappointment that he is I just can't see that happening.

He's far more than a disappointment I'm afraid. He's active and complicit in numerous wrongdoings of the U.S. Federal Government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Obama's America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Chinaman666

Jesus Christ what a banana republic the US has become. A soldier did a service for people in every corner of the world and none of the journalists who have a bit of clout (and earn a lot of money) actually give any meaningful analysis of the facts. The scandal is not Manning releasing the information. The scandal proper is all documented in what was leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

he's in the army

thats the system
    so if you were in the us army, an army where 1 in 3 females are raped or sexually assaulted, you wouldn't report these crimes. What a silver code of honour you live your life by.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

he's in the army

thats the system

I suppose you feel the same about every Nazi below Hitler? Just following the rules they signed up for.

MonaPizza wrote: »
    so if you were in the us army, an army where 1 in 3 females are raped or sexually assaulted, you wouldn't report these crimes. What a silver code of honour you live your life by.

ya i'd report rape

didn' he leak info

in the army you do what you're told

he's in the army

thats the system

Ah!, the good ole 'National security' gimmick.

ya i'd report rape

didn' he leak info

Your Sergeant says "Go and shoot that group of 5 year olds and then rape their mothers"

Do you do it?

of course AH is gonna back manning cos he done the right thing

but that's not realpolitik

ya i'd report rape

didn' he leak info

So when the army invade Vietnam, or Iraq, that's OK, because it's the army?

of course AH is gonna back manning cos he done the right thing

but that's not realpolitik

Yeah, The fact that a very large % of the civilised world think he did the right thing kinda slips the minds of most Americans. If Manning or Snowdon had been from Russia, China, Iran North Korea the American government would have been shouting from the rooftops about how these brave heroes where just trying to let the world know about the despotic things that their governments had done.

• Advertisement

So when the army invade Vietnam, or Iraq, that's OK, because it's the army?

yes
    you gotta fight if you in the army

if you ordered to kill some kids and rape their mommas that's different
    -you should refuse

pretty sure you not allowed to leak info

it's called rules

Advertisement