Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim teacher wearing a bikini

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

dar100 wrote: »
    Dam, you must be a bad swimmer:D

With all them swimming lessons, I am a very strong swimmer now. ;) I liked swimming but couldn't commit to the swimming club. I took lessons on and off between the ages of 4 and 11. I am ****e at most other sports but thankfully I can swim well. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

maguic24 wrote: »
    With all them swimming lessons, I am a very strong swimmer now. ;) I liked swimming but couldn't commit to the swimming club. I took lessons on and off between the ages of 4 and 11. I am ****e at most other sports but thankfully I can swim well. :P

Ah no... Don't give up the only sport you are good at:D, I hear sportsman only get better as they enter their teens and twenties :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I've heard it said that serious male swimmers wear speedos or short trunks in the water and that serious female swimmers wear one piece swimsuits.

A bikini thus seems a tad unusual for a swimming instructor to wear - not because of how much it reveals (I myself have no qualms about swimming au naturel) but for the reason above.

In the National Aquatic Centre aquadome yesterday most of the lads wore those huge "board shorts" and most of the girls rather skimpy bikinis. In the main 50m pool, however, it was different...speedos, short trunks and one piece swimsuits were in abundance...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

hardCopy wrote: »
    None of my current or former swim teachers or coaches have ever gotten into the water with me during a lesson.

Runners and a tracksuit would be normal attire.

I don't see why people are so eager to take the piss out of the OP.

I would say because one on one lessons. People are taking the piss as the OP has not come back and said what is appropriate to wear when in a pool teaching someone to swim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Back from my lesson. After reading this thread I was expecting some sort of confessions of a swim instructress sex romp. Disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Actually Im quite surprised shes wearing a bikini . My male instructor wears shorts and a tshirt during group lessons as theyre out of the pool and a wet suit during private lessons. All the female instructors wear tshirt/shorts usually and a one piece when in the pool during 1 to 1 classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

caira wrote: »
    My 15 year old son is having one to one swimming lessons at a local pool every sunday, When I went to pick him up early yesterday I was surprised to see that his teacher was wearing a bikini. Do you think this is appropriate for a swimming teacher ?
    Pics.....or GTFO ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Looks like the op is banned, must have been a wind up merchant

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Or maybe had egg on her face, twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭pc11

caira wrote: »
    My 15 year old son is having one to one swimming lessons at a local pool every sunday, When I went to pick him up early yesterday I was surprised to see that his teacher was wearing a bikini. Do you think this is appropriate for a swimming teacher ?

Have I banged my head and woken up in 1913?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I would say because one on one lessons. People are taking the piss as the OP has not come back and said what is appropriate to wear when in a pool teaching someone to swim.

I've never had one to one lessons so didn't realise it was the norm for teachers to get in the water.

I've never had one to one lessons so didn't realise it was the norm for teachers to get in the water.

All my lessons were group lessons and all my instructors got in the water. There should be a poll...did your instructor get in the water or not?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

All my lessons were group lessons and all my instructors got in the water. There should be a poll...did your instructor get in the water or not?:P

I cant imagine the instructor not getting in the water tbh. imagine the driving instructor sitting on a park bench and giving you instructions by yelling in your open window.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

If the issue is with her wearing a bikini hence being a distraction or inappropriate attire then
    pc11 wrote: »
    Have I banged my head and woken up in 1913?

However...
    Used to swim competitively in college and the instructors always wore some kind of leggins / shorts / tshirt + flip flops or one piece in water (females), jammers (males).
    Every sport has the designated attire and a bikini is not a swimmer's attire. Good for the beach and paddling in the pool but not when you are a professional swimming instructor and want to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

fibix wrote: »
    If the issue is with her wearing a bikini hence being a distraction or inappropriate attire then

However...
    Used to swim competitively in college and the instructors always wore some kind of leggins / shorts / tshirt + flip flops or one piece in water (females), jammers (males).
    Every sport has the designated attire and a bikini is not a swimmer's attire. Good for the beach and paddling in the pool but not when you are a professional swimming instructor and want to be taken seriously.

It seems odd to me but it could be something as simple as all her one-pieces were in the wash.

It seems odd to me

Yup, odd:) But that's the way it is. What is more, Im sure we'd be not allowed in the pool if any of us decided to wear skimpy bikini for the training.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mike65 wrote: »
    One pieces can be hot as well.

Which piece, the top or the bottom piece?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

I'd be inclined to agree a Bikini is unusual but maybe had forgotton the one piece. I see most swim teachers on the deck now and cant understand it. i'm not a swim teacher so maybe thats just the way it is. Cant do the speedos but jammers or speedo shorts are the only way to go. your swimming will improve the day you put them on.

Cant do the speedos but jammers or speedo shorts are the only way to go. your swimming will improve the day you put them on.

Really? What way does it make a difference and would thd layman notice?

• Advertisement

Really? What way does it make a difference and would thd layman notice?

You won't loose your pants when you jump into the water, you don't have to fix it, tight the waist string, stays in the place, doesn't restrict your moves, loose shorts will drag behind you when full of water.

As for the ladies, bras can come off, snap, unhook.

There's a lot to think about when learning how to swim, really don't understand why would you add to it with beachwear.

There's a lot to think about when learning how to swim, really don't understand why would you add to it with beachwear.

Im in the pool everyday at the moment getting some lessons and trying to improve my technique not to race just to be better. I wear short above the knee boardshorts. Do you think it matters for me?

theholyghost, if through your entire time in the pool you don't notice them i.e. don't have to fix them, pull them up, etc. then work away:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Im in the pool everyday at the moment getting some lessons and trying to improve my technique not to race just to be better. I wear short above the knee boardshorts. Do you think it matters for me?

yes. you're adding unnecessary drag via all the extra loose material, this slows you down which lowers your body position in the water. all that makes improvements more difficult that they should be.

switch to properly fitting swim togs and it will be easier to improve. has your instructor not said this to you?

any pics of this bikini clad teacher btw?

promethius wrote: »
    yes. you're adding unnecessary drag via all the extra loose material, this slows you
    switch to properly fitting swim togs and it will be easier to improve. has your instructor not said this to you?

Nope but my instructor is more of a a general gym instructor rather than a swimmers swimmer I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

However...

What the hell are jammers?

What the hell are jammers?

Pool pyjamas?

Was wondering the exact same thing!!

082208422-2_large.jpg

Pool pyjamas alright ;)

082208422-2_large.jpg

Pool pyjamas alright ;)

Seeing as a lot of men wear only boxers to bed, I'm not too far off the beaten track. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Lets hope she doesn't teach him the back stroke.
    All of my instructors got in the water. I learned to swim as a kid in the 90's. :D Maybe it's changed since then.

My instructor (in the late 80's) got in the water as well. As did most good instructors that I knew. Although I never remembered her wearing a bikini.

Advertisement