Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim teacher wearing a bikini

Options
  • 29-07-2013 1:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8

My 15 year old son is having one to one swimming lessons at a local pool every sunday, When I went to pick him up early yesterday I was surprised to see that his teacher was wearing a bikini. Do you think this is appropriate for a swimming teacher ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

Has your son's swimming improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Because???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 caira

josip wrote: »
    Has your son's swimming improved?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

caira wrote: »
    Do you think this is appropriate for a swimming teacher ?
    Why do you think that it isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

My 15 year old son is having one to one swimming lessons at a local pool every sunday, When I went to pick him up early yesterday I was surprised to see that his teacher was wearing a bikini. Do you think this is appropriate for a swimming teacher ?

What would you want her to wear ? A wet suit?...Want to be careful she doesn't teach him the "breast stroke"too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

Yes

That was the most important and was your primary objectives.
    The bikini top is unlikely to have any negative influence on your son and may even provide additional motivation to be a good student.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

What is she meant to be wearing an all body wet suit. God forbid that a man be only wearing togs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

This thread has given me the urge to take up swimming lessons again

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Important question: is the swim teacher male or female?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

I've got a lesson at 4 today, living in hope now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

where does she teach and how much are the lessons,does she do any extras?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Does the teacher get into the water? Better a bikini than a T-Shirt then I reckon?

Come on, is this what the world has come to??? Worrying whether a bikini wearing swim teacher will corrupt your son (as I can't see any other reason for your concern)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Only if the teacher is female

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I can already swim but maybe I could do with some lessons. Does she do adult classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What next? Female teachers to dress frumpy? No sorry skirts or low cut blouses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Could be a few more swimmers in the pool once a 15 year old reacts to a bikini clad teacher......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Trust me, your 15 year old son has seen a lot worse than a swimming instructor in a bikini!
    And in any case what do you swim in? A burkha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One pieces can be hot as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Yes. I think any type of bikini/swimsuit/shorts/togs/goggles/flippers/etc would be appropriate clothing to wear while swimming.

It would be inappropriate if he/she was fully kitted out in ski wear or an anorak or sweat pants or any other form of clothing that would inhibit swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

None of my current or former swim teachers or coaches have ever gotten into the water with me during a lesson.

Runners and a tracksuit would be normal attire.

I don't see why people are so eager to take the piss out of the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Slothman

What an idiotic question.
    The only difference it will make to your son is that there will be a few extra crusty socks in the sock drawer.

hardCopy wrote: »
    None of my current or former swim teachers or coaches have ever gotten into the water with me during a lesson.

Runners and a tracksuit would be normal attire.

I don't see why people are so eager to take the piss out of the OP.

All of my instructors got in the water. I learned to swim as a kid in the 90's. :D Maybe it's changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Is a bikini not meant for swimming???????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

i take it she's a hottie or else this thread wouldn't exist,wet dreams anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Unreal.

Of all the things that could be happening to your son at school, you're worried about his teacher wearing a bikini.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

maguic24 wrote: »
    All of my instructors got in the water. I learned to swim as a kid in the 90's. :D Maybe it's changed since then.

So did I. I'd say I've had at least 7 different instructors between beginner lessons as a child, secondary school PE, Lifesaving classes and Triathlon Club Training.

hardCopy wrote: »
    So did I. I'd say I've had at least 7 different instructors between beginner lessons as a child, secondary school PE, Lifesaving classes and Triathlon Club Training.

I've had at least 5 different instructors as well. Swam from the age of 4 to 11. I had 2 female instructors and 3 male instructors and what they were wearing never bothered/affected me. :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

maguic24 wrote: »
    I've had at least 5 different instructors as well. Swam from the age of 4 to 11. I had 2 female instructors and 3 male instructors and what they were wearing never bothered/affected me. :-/
    Dam, you must be a bad swimmer:D

Advertisement