Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC Current Account

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Fungus wrote: »
    The NTMA have dreadful returns for most of their products.

- Sorry yes I should have pointed out that I managed to get all my savings into state savings before the last few cuts.
    I'm still doing the 10 year bonds but these wont suit everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

There appear to be unavoidable quarterly fees and cheque lodgement fees, so it looks disappointing to me, especially given the hype on their website for the last couple of months.

I would have thought that with a no / low branch network, they could have offered a no fee current account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yeah, plus KBC are offering no cash services with this current account product which must be saving them a fortune over other banks, which is not been reflected in the product pricing;.

I know most people do their banking online these days, but there are occasions where a cash service comes in handy. The absence of a cash service will cause headaches at times for KBC current account customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Yup, my online only bank here in Germany has low overheads so charges no fees whatsoever. Roll on SEPA. Come February I'll be transferring all payments in from my last remaining Irish bank account to my German accounts and I'll close the Irish one. KBC have made a major tactical mistake with this....could have really hoovered up customers.

Advertisement