Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking a team for the first 3 GWs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

km79 wrote: »
    Is there a danger of RVP creeping over the 14 ml mark ?

Well he's at 40.1% ownership at the moment. That will rise before Saturday. From there he can really only fall unless he goes absolutely bananas with goals against Swansea

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Is there a danger of RVP creeping over the 14 ml mark ?

because of his high ownership I reckon he would need 3 or 4 goals in his first 3 games and a lot of the other strikers to flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »
    Going with this at the moment. All comments appreciated:

GKs:
    Cech - for DGW
    Boruc - for GW2 & 3

DEFs:
    Lescott - City have good fixtures to start and with Nastasic out Lescott will start. He also has the odd goal in him.
    Toure - Looks a definite starter for a team who will keep clean sheets. Will probably bench in GW3
    Coleman - Everton have good opening fixtures and Coleman should be a good attacking threat. Playing for a Martinez team is a worry for CS potential though.
    Brayford - 4.0 placeholder who will start. Will only be used in an absolute emergency.
    M. Turner - no comment necessary :D

MIDs:
    Coutinho - Liverpools creative force for their good opening fixtures.
    Hazard - GW1 captain and a possible season keeper.
    Walcott - a great FF player who constantly delivers when fit.
    Miralles - 7.5m midfielder likely to play as part of a front 3. Good opening fixtures.
    Kim - Guaranteed starter who offers so attacking threat. Will only be used in an emergency.

FORs:
    Soldado - Good fixtures, guaranteed starter, goalscorer.
    Benteke - Going with him over Lukaku for the DGW. Guaranteed to play 270 minutes over the frist 2 GWs barring injury and can score against anyone.
    Rodriguez- Good opening fixtures and I just have a feeling about him...a punt so to speak.

Hazard and Benteke can be moved out by GW3 with my free transfers.

Other than Ben Turner in for Brayford, I'm going with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

This is what I will most likely be going with at this stage

267641.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

iMuse wrote: »
    This is what I will most likely be going with at this stage

267641.png

No RVP?! With over 40% ownership, if he scored 2/3 this weekend, you'll be chasing already. I have him for now, still not sure what to do?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    No RVP?! With over 40% ownership, if he scored 2/3 this weekend, you'll be chasing already. I have him for now, still not sure what to do?!?!

Made my decision early not to include RVP. 14m is too much for a player I won't captain in the first 3 weeks and takes too much from other areas of my team.

If he scores 2 or 3 on Sunday, which I doubt as Swansea are no mugs, he may rise in price. If he draws a blank he could fall quickly too. We will have to wait and see but I'm happy to leave him out for now.

Edit: if he scores 3 he gets 17 points (with bonus). He won't be captained by many given the DGW. Being 17 points down after week 1 is hardly 'chasing'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Benimar wrote: »
    Made my decision early not to include RVP. 14m is too much for a player I won't captain in the first 3 weeks and takes too much from other areas of my team.

If he scores 2 or 3 on Sunday, which I doubt as Swansea are no mugs, he may rise in price. If he draws a blank he could fall quickly too. We will have to wait and see but I'm happy to leave him out for now.

Edit: if he scores 3 he gets 17 points (with bonus). He won't be captained by many given the DGW. Being 17 points down after week 1 is hardly 'chasing'.

I agree, but he was top scorer last season, it's just a little worrying not having him.

Changed my team again had negredo in all week but just cant be sure which city strikers will play. Brought lukaku in for the first time since the game went live.
    Cech (marshall)
    Toure Zab Rat ( M turner, ward )
    Hazard walcott mirallas coutinho ( sissoko)
    anelka lukaku soldado.

Sissoko at 6 million is an expensive sub but I want him for gw 2 and 3 so saving myself a transfer. Marshall ( cardiff ) will play gw 3 for me at home to everton so no need to offload Cech. That leaves me with just hazard and lukaku to get rid off by gw 3 and I think all my other players bar anelka are almost certain to start the 3 games.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Posted this in another thread earlier, probably more relevant here...

I've decided to fully pursue a Gameweek 3 wildcard strategy so I've changed up my team to reflect this. Currently looking like:

GK: Cech, Boruc

Cech will obviously start the double gameweek. Gameweek 2 is undecided and 3 will be Boruc.

DEF: Lescott, Coleman, Reid, Turner, Roberge

All have good fixtures over the first three fixtures, and I can rotate based on what I see in the first couple of games. Lescott, Coleman and Reid are currently in my lineup for week 1.

MID: Hazard, Walcott, Nolan, Mirallas, Giacherrini

I'm happy with this 5, particularly over the first three weeks. Hazard, Walcott and Mirallas are anyweek starters. Both Nolan and Giacherrini have good goal/assist potential and I wouldn't have any hesitation starting them in their first three games - important because Hazard will be unavailable in week 3.

FOR: Soldado, Van Wolfswinkel, Lambert

All three will start week 1. I plan to probably swap Soldado to a Man City striker in either gameweek 2 or 3, I want to see how they play in their first game before I do that.

These are still prone to some changes but I'm fairly happy with this shell and my opening strategy in general.

Posted this in another thread earlier, probably more relevant here...

I've decided to fully pursue a Gameweek 3 wildcard strategy so I've changed up my team to reflect this. Currently looking like:

GK: Cech, Boruc

Cech will obviously start the double gameweek. Gameweek 2 is undecided and 3 will be Boruc.

DEF: Lescott, Coleman, Reid, Turner, Roberge

All have good fixtures over the first three fixtures, and I can rotate based on what I see in the first couple of games. Lescott, Coleman and Reid are currently in my lineup for week 1.

MID: Hazard, Walcott, Nolan, Mirallas, Giacherrini

I'm happy with this 5, particularly over the first three weeks. Hazard, Walcott and Mirallas are anyweek starters. Both Nolan and Giacherrini have good goal/assist potential and I wouldn't have any hesitation starting them in their first three games - important because Hazard will be unavailable in week 3.

FOR: Soldado, Van Wolfswinkel, Lambert

All three will start week 1. I plan to probably swap Soldado to a Man City striker in either gameweek 2 or 3, I want to see how they play in their first game before I do that.

These are still prone to some changes but I'm fairly happy with this shell and my opening strategy in general.
    good team and strategy would you not fit one more chelsea player in as it looks like all your other players will be starters. With no need to transfer cech out you only have hazard that cant play gw 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

picked this team just for GW1. most likely guna WC for GW2. any thoughts?

66d14d1e410a8e4e5617f24e605a56f2.png

darego wrote: »
    picked this team just for GW1. most likely guna WC for GW2. any thoughts?

Going all out gw 1 interesting strategy. That team should rack up the points for you.

would u make any changes to it for gw1? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

darego wrote: »
    would u make any changes to it for gw1? :p

If you wanted full home advantage maybe Negredo over Soldado if it's for one week only?

was thinking about that change a lot. the only thing going in favor of negredo is home advantage but question marks over if he will start or not. also surely spurs will put more goals past cardiff that city will against newcastle. looking at spurs line-up it is likely most will go through soldado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

601d4ae92c99642271718d2f401f411d.png

This is my team for the first 3 GW's and then I will more than likely Wildcard. I'm doubling up on Chelsea's defence for GW1 and I'll transfer Cech out for Hart for GW2, doubling up on Man City for GW's 2 and 3. My transfer for GW 3 will be another Man City player for Benteke or Hazard.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

On a wildcard as planned. Looking at liverpool's next 3 fixtures Villa(a), Man U (H), Swansea(a).

Seems sensible enough to not bother with one of their defenders? Can get one in for GW 5.

Was originally planning Mignolet in nets but seems more sensible to go with Boruc given fixtures, and spend the €1m elsewhere.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    On a wildcard as planned. Looking at liverpool's next 3 fixtures Villa(a), Man U (H), Swansea(a).

Seems sensible enough to not bother with one of their defenders? Can get one in for GW 5.

Was originally planning Mignolet in nets but seems more sensible to go with Boruc given fixtures, and spend the €1m elsewhere.

Boruc and davis 8.5 for your 2 keepers is the route Im going down when I wildcard in gw 4. Boruc and toure is cheaper than mignolet and shaw.

Boruc and davis 8.5 for your 2 keepers is the route Im going down when I wildcard in gw 4. Boruc and toure is cheaper than mignolet and shaw.

I liked shaw's attacking threat hence i was prepared to spend the €0.5m.

But now i'm tempted by the boruc/davis combo and just no liverpool cover for next 3 gameweeks, and the option of toure then later.

So guess the question is go with coleman for few weeks, see how it pans out and then possibly back to toure after their tough fixtures? Any holes in that plan?

I liked shaw's attacking threat hence i was prepared to spend the €0.5m.

But now i'm tempted by the boruc/davis combo and just no liverpool cover for next 3 gameweeks, and the option of toure then later.

So guess the question is go with coleman for few weeks, see how it pans out and then possibly back to toure after their tough fixtures? Any holes in that plan?

could you go with both toure and coleman toure has looked very dangerous from set pieces.If only going with one coleman does make more sense over the next few gws.

• Advertisement

could you go with both toure and coleman toure has looked very dangerous from set pieces.If only going with one coleman does make more sense over the next few gws.

Wish I could but have left €0.5m to do Benteke to Soldado next week. Can't see anywhere else I can skim another €0.5m.

Well hopefully Toure doesn't score and I can see only one possible CS in the next three. Coleman might get none but i'd hope for one and at least an assist or two.

If it doesn't work anyway i'll switch back to Toure.

Wish I could but have left €0.5m to do Benteke to Soldado next week. Can't see anywhere else I can skim another €0.5m.

Well hopefully Toure doesn't score and I can see only one possible CS in the next three. Coleman might get none but i'd hope for one and at least an assist or two.

sounds like u have all the bases covered. Wise move keeping the .5 for soldado.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Only thing is Benteke is rising in value so you'll struggle to get him back in.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Only thing is Benteke is rising in value so you'll struggle to get him back in.

I don't see him going above 9.5m for good while (esp with the blank), so i'll have the option of swapping soldado back for him at any stage (until GW5 at least I reckon). Anyway i'd hope I won't have to swap back with soldado's fixtures after GW3 - I'd only consider it if he gets injured.

Ideally i'd like to have both but it's just not possible with the rest of the team I want.

The rise in his value actually works out favourably as if Soldado goes to 9.6m, I 'll still have the 0.1m profit when he hits 9.2m to make it with €0.5m in the bank.

Advertisement