Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Belfast Meet-Up? Sep.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

mackD wrote: »
    Do they accept euro in Belfast?
    Although even if they do, probably better in the long run to transfer to sterling I guess
    Transfer to sterling, buy lots of drink and do some shopping as well as it'll work out a bit cheaper for you, then you're sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

So this is happening for the 7th. Going to book somewhere over the next few days to stay that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Im not going to know for about 2 weeks if I can make it or not

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Daith

I'm def up for it and would encourage anybody thinking about just to head up too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭nowimtalking

I've just stumbled on this thread, I'd be up for coming. I'm not entirely sure of my schedule as I start a new job that week but I'll confirm closer to the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

Hotel booked for this...looking forward to it:D
    Am not looking forward to the five hour bus journey though lol.
    I'm going to stay for the whole weekend and make the most of it!

Still not sure if I can make it or not

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Definitely can't make it now :-(

Terry Pratchet

Sorry guys, not gonna be able to make it for this, but if it goes well and another one is arranged, I'll try and get to it.

So is anyone actually able to make it?!:o
    I'll probably cut down my stay to just one night if it isn't going ahead.

• Advertisement

MackD, I'm still going to this. Hopefully we will get a few more confirmed over the next few days as it get's closer to the time.

akaspike wrote: »
    MackD, I'm still going to this. Hopefully we will get a few more confirmed over the next few days as it get's closer to the time.

cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭nowimtalking

Unfortunately I won't be making it. I failed my driving test so I'll be spending a lot this week to re-sit it.

I hope you all have a great time.

Hey MackD, you mentioned that you haven't been in Belfast before, so i thinking if we don't get the numbers i can head up earlier and we can do a wee tour of Belfast to pass the time before popping to the pub/club for drinks. It's a cool friendly city.

akaspike wrote: »
    Hey MackD, you mentioned that you haven't been in Belfast before, so i thinking if we don't get the numbers i can head up earlier and we can do a wee tour of Belfast to pass the time before popping to the pub/club for drinks. It's a cool friendly city.

hey. yeah I'll be up early anyway as I really want to visit the titanic museum as I've heard great things about it!

Just putting a reminder out there for anyone else that wants to come along. Drop a line here, or pm. I'll try and check this on Saturday if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up.

It was lovely meeting you akaspike:)

Belfast is amazing...I cannot recommend the city enough!
    It has a really vibrant gay scene too which is great to see.

Thanks for making the long journey MackD( hopefully the journey home isn't to bad), and I glad you enjoyed yourself, it was a fun night. Belfast is a great spot.
    It was great to meet you. :)

mackD wrote: »
    It was lovely meeting you akaspike:)

Belfast is amazing...I cannot recommend the city enough!
    It has a really vibrant gay scene too which is great to see.

The first leg of the journey is complete...just three more hours to go!
    lol

What did you's get up to? What did I miss? Were there any more or was it just yourselves that turned up?

• Advertisement

Paddy C wrote: »
    What did you's get up to? What did I miss? Were there any more or was it just yourselves that turned up?

Yeah it was just the two of us but that certainly didn't make the night any less enjoyable and mighty craic was had:D
    We went to two "straight" pubs first (can't remember their names) and then headed to the gay quarter where we did Foxes, Union Bar and then finished off at the Kremlin. Met some very interesting characters in there:p

Paddy, you should definitely come to the next Belfast meet-up

The other two "gay friendly" ;) bars were called the The Apartment and The John Hewitt.

We should definitely try and arrange another meet up.

Anyone interested? and we can try and get a date down.
    (I wont be able to do the 5th Oct, and 2nd, 9th, or 16th of Nov)

In my experiences of the Kremlin, I am aware of a guy who is certainly the character of the place, or at least he thinks he is anyway! Union Street and Kremlin are nice places though as long as you aren't there every weekend as I imagine it'd get pretty boring quite quickly. The Sunday Bingo Show in Union Street is a good laugh as they have drag performances, bingo (with money/drink prizes), games and lots of comedy with drink offers and is usually a good way to get into the swing for the night before you head next door to Kremlin to dance/relax etc.

Advertisement