Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Wishing you good health and luck for the future.
    We crossed lines a few times but sure that's the nature of discussion boards.

You're an extremely intelligent person and I hope whatever you decide to do or wherever you end up going it's faraway from any hospital bed.

Debating and discussion with you has been very insightful...

Good luck :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Best of luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Best of luck in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Good luck to you Sir.
    May you always find water and shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

Best of luck. I always liked your posts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

We never talked much but for a long old time you've been one of my very favourite posters here, I'll miss seeing you about the place but given your circumstances I'm happy you can make the choice you can! Maybe see you round sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Hi folks,

Zombrex changed his named for a reason. So I'm sorry to say I edited out all mentions of his other username. Please refer to him solely as Zombrex.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Conspiracy-level shenanigans going on here!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Clear abuse of power.
    /Dashes off to Feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Best of luck. I'm sending healing vibes over the interweb to you right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Very best of luck Zombrex - Take care of yourself. Wishing you every good thing xx You'll be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Zombrex wrote: »
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

“This must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays.”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Life just got a _whole_ lot easier for Boards.ie Theists.

Have a safe Journey, and in the immoral words of Dave Allen.... "May your god go with you".

• Registered Users Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jernal wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Zombrex changed his named for a reason. So I'm sorry to say I edited out all mentions of his other username. Please refer to him solely as Zombrex.

Thanks,

FROM MINITRUE BOARDS.IE DIVISION
    TO 6079 SMITH W

RE CLOSURE OF ACCOUNT ZOMBREX

BEGIN MESSAGE
    ZOMBREX PREVIOUS USERNAME UNPERSON STOP CORRECT HISTORICAL ERRORS STOP
    ENDS

;)
    in the immoral words of Dave Allen....

:pac:

Maybe Z was just about to unmask himself as Elevator Man. We'll never know now.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Crying.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

I've been around on boards A&A forum for the past 10 years or so. I always enjoyed reading your posts Zombrex - you might not read this, but thanks for your contribution and I hope you return soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭my my my

all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

ninja900 wrote: »
    Maybe Z was just about to unmask himself as Elevator Man. We'll never know now.

Interesting typo, good catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

See ya later Zombrex. It was nice arguing with you, you've had some hum-dingers and bum-stingers! You can look back on your posts in 20 years and appreciate them still anyway. Good luck!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm sorry to see you go, but I wish you the best in everything you do. You've always been a fantastic poster, always reasoned and eloquent.

Take care of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Michael Nugent

Sorry to hear that, Zombrex.

I can assure you that my return here is unrelated to your leaving :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I can assure you that my return here is unrelated to your leaving :)

awc6d.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Hope your health improves and you make lots of great new connections offline.
    Your OP has really made me think about my own online habits and I think I will be implementing some changes myself, best of luck, fare well, Zombrex.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

God bless..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Sorry to have heard you left and all the best in health & future endeavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

So long and get well soon Zombrex <mod edit>. I honour thy posting prowess and skill.
    P1070802-225x300.jpg

Bumping this thread.

Today is World IBD Day. IBD, in the guise of Crohns disease, was a factor in Zombrex closing his account on us. So, it seemed somewhat fitting to bump this thread today with a link to the Irish society for Crohn's and Colitis webpage to help aware ye of the condition. Yes Z, 'awared' is a word on the forum now. It's hipster too.

Wherever you are, hope you are keeping well and we all miss you,
    The socially awkward penguins of A&A.

*Bump again.*

Today is world IBD day. I'm still hoping that one day Zombrex may return. In any case, I'm sure we the denizens of the A&A biscuit connoisseurs would like to wish him the very best in whatever he's at, that he's in good spirits and health, that someday he may return to talk about biscuits with us again. Zombrex, I don't actually know if you can eat pizza or biscuits but don't worry there's plenty of regulars to eat them for you anyway. :P

It's estimated that about 20,000 people in Ireland have the condition. Couldn't find a infographic for Ireland. Wrong country aside, the rest is pretty accurate.
    infographic-6nov13-930x1196.jpg

Advertisement