Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite religious fairytale?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd love to know if that fig tree produced figs later on in the year, when it was actually in season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

wprathead wrote: »
    Ha never heard this one so looked it up

JC was bit grumpy when hungry apparently

Indeed. A job for Mr T and a well timed Snickers if ever there was one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

wprathead wrote: »
    Ha never heard this one so looked it up

JC was bit grumpy when hungry apparently

Jesus eat a fig, you become a diva when youre hungry.

For some reason I can just picture Jesus looking at the tree, narrowing his eyes and saying that as if the tree insulted his mother by saying she wasnt a virgin by the time he got his roots on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

One time Mohammad was wondering how many times a day was the ideal number of times to pray, once, twice, three times a lady...?

The Pope had not yet been invented at this time, so there was no direct telephone line to God.

So Mo is just sitting there smoking, pondering the problem. Next thing this flying donkey called Buraq wanders up to him, looking for some grass.
    Up jumps Mohammad onto his back and flies up to heaven on the beast.

He meets God and does the tour. Back home he tells everyone the answer.
    Five.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,386 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Did the donkey sound like Eddie Murphy?

You can't read stuff like that (or the more bizarre bible passages) and not think that certain herbal/fungal/funny coloured frog preparations were at work.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

recedite wrote: »
    One time Mohammad was wondering how many times a day was the ideal number of times to pray, once, twice, three times a lady...?

The Pope had not yet been invented at this time, so there was no direct telephone line to God.

So Mo is just sitting there smoking, pondering the problem. Next thing this flying donkey called Buraq wanders up to him, looking for some grass.
    Up jumps Mohammad onto his back and flies up to heaven on the beast.

He meets God and does the tour. Back home he tells everyone the answer.
    Five.

Best thing about that one, it was written in at least 50 years after Mohammed died by the Umayyads, after the first Muslim civil war.

Actually most of the proscriptions, prohibitions and instructions in the Qu'ran were written in by converted Rabbis after the fact, stealing liberally from the Torah and the Tanakh as they went. It is the main reason why Islam and Judaism are so similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

ninja900 wrote: »
    Did the donkey sound like Eddie Murphy?

Some say it even had the head of Eddie Murphy

pqob.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I was chatting with cousins pakistani husband a few months back and he mentioned that they found some giant skeletons in the desert but 'of course the CIA covered it up in the West but they heard the truth in their media' I replied 'mm giants, is that right?' waiting for the punchline that never came. 'yes, inshallah, from the race of giants you know like in the bible', 'oh yeah, right so, more noodles?'
    Giants. I like the giant stories, i think they all look like hagrid only bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Miracleofthefig.jpg

"F*ck you tree."

Advertisement