Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW I3 To Cost 35K Euro's

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Don't know why it's never occurred to me, but I've never accounted for the engine tech in the cars depreciation. Sure you're incurring the cost of aging, the battery losing cycles but I've never considered the actual engine. ICE cars have pretty much plateaued in terms of development but electric cars are developing at much faster rate, it's slightly akin to selling on a laptop.. What gen processor has it got? I wonder what the residuals are like in the UK so far? The BMW does strike me as a much more attractive option than the Nissan. The range extender if priced correctly could be the trump card. Carbon fibre paneling worries me. Ding that and you're wallet will know about it.

Having managed to get rid of all the problems having to replace ICE parts and going pure electric,say Zoe, why do some want to go back?.James May recent I3 owner admitted he was a coward with range anxiety.

The I3 starts at 33,500 Euro's btw, similar to the E-Golf. I would rather the I3, but it might be too small. I wouldn;t pay 33.5 K for the E-Golf it's a half assed lame attempt from VW. No heat pump standard either, and no battery heater option.

The I3 also has a battery heater as an option, a very well worth while not expensive extra.

The heat pump is extra also, another essential extra.

The QC port is extra in Germany but seemingly standard in Ireland, but you'd want to check this.

The Kia soul will be an interesting car in 2015, heat pump standard, heated and cooled seats, qc port standard, and the battery is heated and cooled as standard. 27 kwh battery V leaf's 24 and 20 usable. The soul could very well have close to 100 miles real range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

The Kia soul will be an interesting car in 2015, heat pump standard, heated and cooled seats, qc port standard, and the battery is heated and cooled as standard. 27 kwh battery V leaf's 24 and 20 usable. The soul could very well have close to 100 miles real range.

There is some very good technical info on the Soul EV available here:
    https://www.kia-hotline.com/euro5/login.tiles

You do have to register but it is free to use unlike some manufacturers.

There is some very good technical info on the Soul EV available here:
    https://www.kia-hotline.com/euro5/login.tiles

You do have to register but it is free to use unlike some manufacturers.

That's brilliant, thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

reboot wrote: »
    Having managed to get rid of all the problems having to replace ICE parts and going pure electric,say Zoe, why do some want to go back?.James May recent I3 owner admitted he was a coward with range anxiety.

Seems the BMW is now available as pure EV? I didn't know that, just think , it could join another Thread?

• Advertisement

reboot wrote: »
    Seems the BMW is now available as pure EV? I didn't know that, just think , it could join another Thread?

The I3 was always available as ev only.

BMW could have stuffed about 8 more KWh in the I3 because there is a big waste of empty space in the EV only I3. This would have easily allowed the I3 to break the 100 mile barrier.

Advertisement