Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringfort Theory

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭randomperson12

ive noticed that some of the ringforts in my area if you loook at them on a map you can draw a straight line from one to another

could be some alignemt showing some constellation or for soltices etc. i found a a crop mark on google maps and it has marks and a face on the ground that looks like a cow i then looked at bing maps and half of it was plowed over with corn but i could still see some of the marks of it itsnot marked on the gis website that shows all the archaeolgy hotspots

i obviously think that fairys could be real possibly but probaly not real
    ringforts etc but also people could have made up the storys so people wodnt destroy history
    also some of those old stories where probaly true because people have been living in forts until late 18oos possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

ive noticed that some of the ringforts in my area if you loook at them on a map you can draw a straight line from one to another

could be some alignemt showing some constellation or for soltices etc. i found a a crop mark on google maps and it has marks and a face on the ground that looks like a cow i then looked at bing maps and half of it was plowed over with corn but i could still see some of the marks of it itsnot marked on the gis website that shows all the archaeolgy hotspots

Hey mate,

Where would your observations be based?

I have been researching a similar event for a while now and would be interested to know if yours and mine are the same or more likely linked somehow.

Cheers.

Hey mate,

Where would your observations be based?

I have been researching a similar event for a while now and would be interested to know if yours and mine are the same or more likely linked somehow.

Cheers.

its around the eyrecourt area county galway
    most of these forts are quarter a mile from each other and alot of them are interesting i matched them up before and drawing a line from one to another i ended up with an arrow shaped alignemt but ive since found tones more if found seven of them in random places and some of them are stragetically placed theres also one under the road witch you can see over the ditch or trough a fence even on the old maps the road goes trough it it could be a acient toll road. theres also one called lisnarabia if you cut it in half its lisn arabia wich is interesting the names seem to be old irish also there would be alot of artefacts in them because theres only one fulacht fia and rigbarrow in the area it would be interesting to find out about similar things because there could be alot around

Hi randomperson12,

The earthworks I am looking at are ranging South West from around Fairyhouse almost all the way to Ennis.
    There are a few gaps, but definitely a route if some sort.

• Advertisement

ill check and see if my section join up with the one youre checking

Cool,

That would be great, I am sure that they are 1 of the original Roads across Ireland.
    They pre-date Christianity, so must relate to something much older.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Cfuser / randomperson - if you don't mind I think there was a thread for this already that cfuser started. Its not really related to archaeoastronomy in Ireland.

Thanks

k

theres one very old road through a ringfort plus i checked my section one doesnt connect up to cfusers one a such but theres alot of old toghers under the shannon

the ringforts is kind of to do with this fourom but i just trying to find out more k about what he said but i also noticed the rock in my field is kind of aligning with the forts

• Advertisement

bawn79 wrote: »
    Cfuser / randomperson - if you don't mind I think there was a thread for this already that cfuser started. Its not really related to archaeoastronomy in Ireland.

Thanks

bawn79,

You are right it is kinda a side-thread/previous thread.

If mods want to move this or start it as a new thread I would have no objections.

Cheers.

Advertisement