Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

zaha would be great, if he is a regular starter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I don't really know how they'd operate to be honest, maybe something like:
    Fer.....Howson
    Snodgrass...................Pilkington
    Hooper....The Wolf

With Redmond coming on as a sub for some extra width or Tettey/Johnson to add steel. It's a strange one, especially if they're still pursuing Quagliarella
    Pre season should reveal all. That line up would be fine at home to most teams. I think hughton will be a lot cagier in away games and at home to the top 6. Delia smith must be selling a lot of cookbooks these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Havent heard a mention of Sissoko this season at all. Actually forgot he existed

Anyone at all considering him? he seemed like the second coming of Gylfi Sigurdsson in his first few games

Wouldn't be surprised to see Newcastle struggle this season so going to stay away

Havent heard a mention of Sissoko this season at all. Actually forgot he existed

Anyone at all considering him? he seemed like the second coming of Gylfi Sigurdsson in his first few games

Wouldn't be surprised to see Newcastle struggle this season so going to stay away
    I did give him a mention in another thread but haven't seen him mentioned anywhere else or in anyones team. There was hysteria to get him in after those first few games. I still think he is a great option at 6.0 if he is playing in the hole. There seems to be trouble in the camp somewhat at newcastle with kinnear being appointed director of football which is putting me off. He has been quoted as saying he needs a big season to make the world cup squad and is definetly on my watchlist. I predict a bandwagon for sissoko before the end of september.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

So if Bale leaves for Madrid it will throw a right spanner in the works, I've been thinking I would go for Walcott or Cazorla instead. Who do ye think would be better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

There is talks of Goufrfran playing the position Sissoko played last season,suspect Sissoko will be deployed alot deeper this season especially if Newcastle sign Remy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

irish son wrote: »
    If Rooney leaves and is not replaced Hernandez is a steal at 7.5m, he could easily start a lot of games with RVP up front. If he was a guaranteed starter he'd be worth 11-12m

Sadly for Hernandez, if Rooney goes, I think Kagawa will play behind an advanced RVP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Gary Hooper just announced as signing for Norwich City. Could be a nice option up front.

Will cost 6.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

F1ngers wrote: »
    Will cost 6.5m

Could be a nice option and a very nice price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Zaha would be would worth the 6.5 if he starts regularly. He has been playing very well in pre season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

With all yer talk over Zaha I present Jesse Lingard @ 4.5 :pac:

Seriously though if he were to get a loan move he could be the leading cheap midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

With all yer talk over Zaha I present Jesse Lingard @ 4.5 :pac:

Seriously though if he were to get a loan move he could be the leading cheap midfielder.

I have been impressed with him. He has done very well but against poor opposition. He couldn't get a game on loan with Leicester last season. I would say he is likely to go on loan to a Championhip side.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Zaha would be would worth the 6.5 if he starts regularly. He has been playing very well in pre season.

Like i said about Lingard the opposition is not top class but he has been United's best player on tour. I will be surprised if he is not a starter at the start of the season anyway. Not often you get a 6.5m player for United who will probably be a starter. I am definately putting him in at the beginning.

Palace under Holloway will be very attacking and score a good few. Anybody think they have any striker or midfielder who is worth a risk that will chip in with goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Palace under Holloway will be very attacking and score a good few. Anybody think they have any striker or midfielder who is worth a risk that will chip in with goals.

Garvan midfielder 5m, on penos in the absence of Murray, not 100% nailed on every game though

Also Gayle striker 5m as a cheap 3rd striker

Either provide cheap rotation with Koren or Brady from Hull (Palace rotate with Hull 38/38)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any idea what price Soldado will be lads? I'm guessing around the same as Negredo, perhaps £0.5m cheaper.

I really, really rate him and I think he'll be going straight into my team as soon as, although this friendly that Spain are playing on the other side of the world looks like it will scupper week one plans.

Some reasons:

1) He'll play every week when fit. There's no need to worry about rotation or being afraid to put the captains armband on him.

2) His record is absolutely exceptional. He's the definition of a ''one goal every two games'' striker. 33 in 66 for Getafe, then even better at Valencia with 81 in 141. 193 in 397 over the course of his career to date.

3) Spurs have a very nice opening set of fixtures. Apart from being away to Arsenal in week three and home to Chelsea in week six, they go until around the end of November with a canny run of games, all of which they will be favourites to win apart from the two aforementioned.

4) Spurs have been traditionally high scorers of goals in the Premier League over the last few years, ranking around 4th best lately in the goals for column.

I think he'll prove to be a fantastic signing and will rack up the points in this game this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Paully D wrote: »
    Any idea what price Soldado will be lads? I'm guessing around the same as Negredo, perhaps £0.5m cheaper.

I really, really rate him and I think he'll be going straight into my team as soon as, although this friendly that Spain are playing on the other side of the world looks like it will scupper week one plans.

Some reasons:

1) He'll play every week when fit. There's no need to worry about rotation or being afraid to put the captains armband on him.

2) His record is absolutely exceptional. He's the definition of a ''one goal every two games'' striker. 33 in 66 for Getafe, then even better at Valencia with 81 in 141. 193 in 397 over the course of his career to date.

3) Spurs have a very nice opening set of fixtures. Apart from being away to Arsenal in week three and home to Chelsea in week six, they go until around the end of November with a canny run of games, all of which they will be favourites to win apart from the two aforementioned.

4) Spurs have been traditionally high scorers of goals in the Premier League over the last few years, ranking around 4th best lately in the goals for column.

I think he'll prove to be a fantastic signing and will rack up the points in this game this season.

eh he hasn't actually signed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Paully D wrote: »

Some reasons:

I'd potentially consider him an alternative to Bale and try and squeeze RVP in if he did sign. He'd have to be 9 at most for that too happen I reckon though.

I'm kinda' hoping Bale goes. Alternatively, I don't know how good Bale will be as a pick if Soldado joins and claims that central attacking spot that Bale operated in last year.

I'm kinda' hoping Bale goes. Alternatively, I don't know how good Bale will be as a pick if Soldado joins and claims that central attacking spot that Bale operated in last year.

If anything i think Bales assists might increase by having Soldado in the team. And Bale was never an out-and-out front man last year (except for one or two games), while Soldado is, if Bale stays i imagine he'll have the same kind of attacking midfield free role as he had last season

• Advertisement

Looking back i said i thought Snodgrass was a must have at 6.5 million. But PaullyD made a point about how with Hooper and the wolf he might score less points next season.

I am looking for a 6.5 midfielder and i am at a toss up between him and Zaha. Having watched Zaha on pre season tour he has looked electric and i will be surprised if he is not first choice at the start of the season.

Also he is a risk but at 7.5 million Nani could be a real bargain. He scored two in a friendly last night and it looks like he will stay. When on form he notches up some amount of assists and if he gets back to form he could be a very high scorer. Again he is a risk like most players seem to be this year.

Andreas Weimann @ 6mill anyone?

7/4 last season in a very young and inexperienced Villa side. Could improve greatly this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if Nani is a starter, he will be a must have at 7.5. i have no doubt about that.

we'll have to wait for the Charity Shield to get any real clues as to how Utd will start the season.

do also remember, Utd don't have the best of starts, and they're normally slow starters anyway. Moyes, bar last season, is normally slow off the mark too. al important points to consider.

SlickRic wrote: »
    if Nani is a starter, he will be a must have at 7.5. i have no doubt about that.

we'll have to wait for the Charity Shield to get any real clues as to how Utd will start the season.

do also remember, Utd don't have the best of starts, and they're normally slow starters anyway. Moyes, bar last season, is normally slow off the mark too. al important points to consider.

good points. but the problem we have is that there are just SO many good midfield options already. Bale of course, Coutinho, Michu, Walcott, Cazorla, Hazard, Mata, Silva, Mirallas, Snodgrass. Will be interested to see how they start lining up, as United mids have traditionally delivered the goods (last season aside), but no way will i have any for GW1

manual_man wrote: »
    good points. but the problem we have is that there are just SO many good midfield options already. Bale of course, Coutinho, Michu, Walcott, Cazorla, Hazard, Mata, Silva, Mirallas, Snodgrass. Will be interested to see how they start lining up, as United mids have traditionally delivered the goods (last season aside), but no way will i have any for GW1

Why not? As I recall United beat Swansea last season, twice. Why shy away from them now? If anything, United's attacking options from midfield with Lingard/Januzaj/Nani/Zaha/Kagawa have improved.

Why not? As I recall United beat Swansea last season, twice. Why shy away from them now? If anything, United's attacking options from midfield with Lingard/Januzaj/Nani/Zaha/Kagawa have improved.

last season was 2-1 to United and a 1-1 draw. in any case you don't choose your squad for GW1 (apart from maybe some double fixture players), you pick it for the whole season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Pre season should reveal all. That line up would be fine at home to most teams. I think hughton will be a lot cagier in away games and at home to the top 6. Delia smith must be selling a lot of cookbooks these days.

The typical Delia and chef comments. The fact is that the club is now officially debt free after some careful account management by the board over the past few years. Van Wolfswinkel will be the number 1 striker with Hooper working off him. Midfield should be Snodgrass, Fer, Johnson and Redmond/Pilkington. Snodgrass and Fer will be certainties.

kensutz wrote: »
    The typical Delia and chef comments. The fact is that the club is now officially debt free after some careful account management by the board over the past few years. Van Wolfswinkel will be the number 1 striker with Hooper working off him. Midfield should be Snodgrass, Fer, Johnson and Redmond/Pilkington. Snodgrass and Fer will be certainties.

They definetely seem to have all the Ingredients of a good squad now. It looks like its a Recipe for success.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

They definetely seem to have all the Ingredients of a good squad now. It looks like its a Recipe for success.

Hopefully Norwich and Everton serve us up a feast on the 1st day of the season, I think the wolf will be hungry for success and hooper should relish feeding off his knockdowns.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Norwich and Everton serve us up a feast on the 1st day of the season, I think the wolf will be hungry for success and hooper should relish feeding off his knockdowns.

Ye the wolf should be a starter but with a lot at steak lets hope his form doesnt dessert him.

Advertisement