Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Quarter Final Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Think so,

Dublin v Cork under the lights at HQ . Championship. Oh id love it .

Bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,075 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    As mentioned above, very unlikely of a Monday game.

Im thinking,

Saturday
    Monaghan v Round 4 winner 5pm
    Dublin v Round 4 winner 7pm

Sunday
    Mayo v Round 4 winner 2pm
    Kerry v Round 4 winner or visa versa

I'd agree that Dublin at 7pm is a strong possibility.

One other trend of the past few years is that they played the teams that are due to meet in the semi's on the same quarter-final bill
    In 2012 we had Mayo v Down and Dublin v Laois on the Saturday and Donegal v Kerry and Cork v Kildare on the Sunday
    In 2011 you had Kerry v Limerick and Mayo v Cork on the same day.
    The Saturday was a bit different that year as Dublin were a week late playing due to a replay earlier in the qualifiers

So based on that you may have
    Saturday
    Kerry v ? 5pm
    Dublin v ? 7pm
    Sunday
    Monaghan v ? 2pm
    Mayo v ? 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Would they play Dublin-Donegal at 7pm on a Saturday?

Saturday evening for Donegal, Kerry or Cork folk, given the fact its the busiest bank holiday weekend for tourism in those counties, would be a disaster for supporters.

If your working on Saturday you wont make it. If your working on Sunday I doubt a round-trip to Dublin returning after midnight would be very attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Can you get tickets for sunday anywhere else besides gaa website, only Davin Stand lower on website

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

liam7831 wrote: »
    Can you get tickets for sunday anywhere else besides gaa website, only Davin Stand lower on website

Tickets.ie, Ticketmaster, Supervalu, your local club, Croke Park direct and your county board.

I got Lower Cusack tickets on Tickets.ie last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

liam7831 wrote: »
    through your club

there may also be a supply on Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Meant to say it all worked out in the end. Christening Saturday. Cavan game Sunday. Recover Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Lemlin wrote: »
    Meant to say it all worked out in the end. Christening Saturday. Cavan game Sunday. Recover Monday!
    good for some.

Wedding in Italy on Friday so thats that.
    Accomodation booked and flights from Italy an awful price, and worse from Munich anyways seeing as school holidays are starting this week.
    Will be relying on decent wifi and a good performance from Cavan and then a sale from Aerlingus / ryanair for flights for the semi!

Have flights booked for the weekend of the international rules in Breffni so at least thats something!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I got my tickets for Saturday and Sunday during the week. I love this time of year. Although I was away last weekend, I had a friend sending me texts with updates of the matches on Saturday and Sunday, plus the draw for this weekend's games. The Cavan v London half time score text was interesting. Cork v Galway sounded good. Hearing that Kilkenny were out was great too. Dublin and Cork, both on for the double. Something's gotta give on Saturday night. It should be a great weekend.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭strassenwo!f

Sorry, couldn't quickly find a more appropriate thread for this very minor question related to the all-ireland quarter-finals, but this time the hurling quarter-finals.

Why are these two games referred to as the quarter-finals, rather than round four of the qualifiers? All four teams at this stage have lost a match.

• Advertisement
Advertisement