Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options
1335336337338339341»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

1200 a week. That's my household's MONTHLY income after social security contributions. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Probably doing interviews with the family of the Love/Hate dead cat for an upcoming documentary..

I heard someone say the cat and its owners were guests on TLLS tonight. Pretty bad, but still a step up from those former toy show guests from a few weeks back and Pajo the calf.

• Site Banned Posts: 24 call_me_early

1200 a week. That's my household's MONTHLY income after social security contributions. :(

yes but your not " officially vulnerable "

you know your talking to an idiot when he deals in soundbites and liveline is an orge of soundbites and meaningless slogans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭baldbear

I heard someone say the cat and its owners were guests on TLLS tonight. Pretty bad, but still a step up from those former toy show guests from a few weeks back and Pajo the calf.

Thats cat. RTE doing a cheapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

another " cool aid " drinking waffler ( last male caller )

" elderly vulnerable "

give me a break , they have dozens of lobby groups who earn a living potraying them as universally penniless , every political party tripping overthemselves for their vote

does that sound like a vulnerable bunch ?

Its actually "Kool aid".

The only people I know who are elderly are various relatives of mine. One is nearly 80, getting 2 pensions and still working and earning over double what I earn. The other is only a pensioner, but she doesnt drink, doesnt smoke, and rarely eats(A loaf of bread and a packet of ham will last a week easily). Her medical card takes care of her medical expenses and her pension feeds into an account every week with money piling up. She owns her own home and her only outgoings are UPC and ESB.

The poor and the vulnerable? My arse.

Richard Collins. Bleurgh!

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Its actually "Kool aid".

The only people I know who are elderly are various relatives of mine. One is nearly 80, getting 2 pensions and still working and earning over double what I earn. The other is only a pensioner, but she doesnt drink, doesnt smoke, and rarely eats(A loaf of bread and a packet of ham will last a week easily). Her medical card takes care of her medical expenses and her pension feeds into an account every week with money piling up. She owns her own home and her only outgoings are UPC and ESB.

The poor and the vulnerable? My arse.

Richard Collins. Bleurgh!

ive an uncle who is seventy one , retired guard , lives in Dublin 4 , owns an investment property in blackrock which he bought for 250 k pounds back in the day , owns an apartment in London which he bought in 2006 with the proceeds from a farm of land he sold in county meath , his daughter lives in it as she works for JP morgan in the city of London , poor family all round as you can imagine

he has a medical card

id march on his behalf though if the government took it off him , im like that you see , always ready to vote against my own interests , bit like the bulk of irish people :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

ive an uncle who is seventy one , retired guard , lives in Dublin 4 , owns an investment property in blackrock which he bought for 250 k pounds back in the day , owns an apartment in London which he bought in 2006 with the proceeds from a farm of land he sold in county meath , his daughter lives in it as she works for JP morgan in the city of London , poor family all round as you can imagine

he has a medical card

id march on his behalf though if the government took it off him , im like that you see , always ready to vote against my own interests , bit like the bulk of irish people :mad:
    My aunt lives in Donnybrook, she's loaded, pays for the top plan on VHI but uses the card for GP visits. Sickening.

My aunt lives in Donnybrook, she's loaded, pays for the top plan on VHI but uses the card for GP visits. Sickening.

im going on liveline next week if the usual parroting of " age action " or other lobby groups is being spouted , i cant take it anymore , i know couples in their thirties , mortgaged to their eyeballs who can barely afford to buy essentials for their young kids

the elderly are not going to rebuild this country , that's not to say they should be mistreated but under present policy , we are not only forcing our brightest to leave , we are killing our young childrens start to life , all in the name of paying endless tribute for what an entire generation of elderly apparently did in the fifties

one of the biggest storys of the last fifteen years has been the astonishing transferal of wealth from the younger generation to the old and its one which is rarely ever mentioned , the only one i can think of is Canadian born woman who appears in the media discussing financial matters every now and again

( jill Kirby )

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NoClues

Did anyone hear , I think it was wednesday or thursday liveline about 'de forrdeners' asylum seekers, and some man was on talking about how there's fights between different groups of people in the asylum centres and joe says "different tribes". Had me rofl for about 10 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement