Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Posh person and potential sensible caller alert!

• Site Banned Posts: 24 call_me_early

another " cool aid " drinking waffler ( last male caller )

" elderly vulnerable "

give me a break , they have dozens of lobby groups who earn a living potraying them as universally penniless , every political party tripping overthemselves for their vote

does that sound like a vulnerable bunch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

No? Seriously?

For over 70s the income threshold is €600 per WEEK for a single person or €1200 for a couple!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

fair play to her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Fair play to this caller wish there were more like her

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

James O'Reilly's reaction to calls for his resignation.

Dr-James-Reilly-7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Roger_007 wrote: »
    For over 70s the income threshold is €600 per WEEK for a single person or €1200 for a couple!
    That's mental. That's a massive amount per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

wow €1200 per week, takes me 6 weeks to get that

joe dumps unselfish pensioner

im amazed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Larry will be back on the line again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Lapin wrote: »
    James O'Reilly's reaction to calls for his resignation.

Dr-James-Reilly-7.jpg

A picture of health!

blah blah blah:rolleyes:

"As I said to your researcher"

BINGO!

Should have taken the card out today, would have been a full Ouse.

Joe: blah blah blah
    Such a pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Call for the health minister to resign. :rolleyes:

And it will take another minister 6 months to figure out how to use the phones, ergo 6 months before a new minister starts to try to improve things. How does that help?

imagine how high someones income must have been during their working life to be drawing down that kind of pension per week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"we've done all this"

jaysus, I'm sorry for hanging on half the day to contribute to YOUR show, Joe... What a rude pr1ck..

Sensible caller dumped early as she was disagreeing with Joe's agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If there's any injustice to the elderly, it's from Joe. He's making every single one of them out to be morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Larry will be back on the line again!

That fella had me steaming mad. :mad:

Marty Morissey on Mooney? Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

No? Seriously?

I thought it was a month. A week? :eek: OMG, what on earth is that man whinging about - FFS, madness

• Advertisement

imagine how high someones income must have been during their working life to be drawing down that kind of pension per week

So basically any job in RTE....

"we've done all this"

jaysus, I'm sorry for hanging on half the day to contribute to YOUR show, Joe... What a rude pr1ck..

I think at this stage Liveline gets in the way of other projects he enjoys doing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

And these are the people calling in to complain how badly off they are.......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

who is this saying the news WHERES EILEEN, oh god what wil i do I need EILEEN for me daily fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think at this stage Liveline gets in the way of other projects he enjoys doing

Probably doing interviews with the family of the Love/Hate dead cat for an upcoming documentary..

That's mental. That's a massive amount per month.

always depressed me how uninformed the majority are about how utterly spoiled the elderly are in this country

most people lazily swallow the propaganda of lobby groups as gospel

hell listen to a vox pop around budget time and several people on the street will trout out a list of groups who have been targeted yet again , inevitabley the pensioners will be included despite the fact that they have been left completely untouched since the rescession began bar a cut to fuel allowance during months when the weather isn't even cold and a measly 1. 50 euro per prescription each month

received wisdom is a dangerous thing

Nothing to do with what they earn over their lives when it comes to a public sector pension

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

christ her accent is going thru me, i need eileen

oh lovely now i have marty going around me ears now!!

ThisRegard wrote: »
    If there's any injustice to the elderly, it's from Joe. He's making every single one of them out to be morons.

joe duffy is the pensioners best friend in this country , their his biggest listnership demographic

• Advertisement

And these are the people calling in to complain how badly off they are.......:confused:

sure they might aswell , when most people are mushy headed enough to buy that kind of guff , they might aswell milk it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement